E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/24/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use the concealer for my undereyes , I actually use it to clean up my eyebrows after filling them in ( in the shade medium ) . Does a great job ! It is liquidy which is good to work with . & the doe applicator makes it easy to apply. I then use elf's concealer brush to blend it out .
Definetly steps up my eyebrow game !

I rarely ever use the highlighter side . If I do use it , it'll be for a base for my eyeshadow never to actual highlight .

I've bought countless tubes already & plan on continuing to purchase . Other concealers just don't do my eyebrows justice like this one!

on 9/22/2015 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you have prominent dark circles or need a heavy duty concealer as opposed to a light-coverage one, then steer clear of this product!! In itself, this isn't a bad concealer. It doesn't crease. The texture is a bit on the thinner side but still nice and easy to work with. I got mine in the color light/glow which is a perfect match for my fair skin tone.

The downside is that this concealer is definitely on the sheer side. I have hereditary dark circles that are not helped by lack of sleep, and this really doesn't cover them up all at. It does okay at covering blemishes, and does nothing really to conceal scarring, etc. Yes the price is super cheap (around three dollars, I want to say) but you truly aren't getting that much product (.4 fl oz and that is with half being the highlighter.)

As far as the highlight is concerned, I did NOT realize how disco-ball-esque it was when I looked at it in the store. Got home to take a closer look and realized there is an extreme amount of intense silver, blue, and purple glitter & shimmer all throughout the white liquid-y highlighter. I don't use highlighter on my face. I have what I consider to be noticeable scarring, and anything shiny on my cheeks, well... highlights the scarring. Even if I were to use those types of products, I don't see how this would be usable on any skin tone.

I am quite fair and even just swatching this on my hand, no matter how much I try to blend it, there is still a stark white cast. The size and intensity of the glitter make it look like I swatched a glittery white eyeshadow on my hand as opposed to a highlight. The one thing I will use this for is to prime my eyelids sometimes... I don't notice any increased longevity or punch of pigmentation when this is used underneath eyeshadow (typically why you'd use a primer) but this does provide a pretty finish and makes me look more awake, as well as softening the look of any veins on the eyelids.

I wish I wouldn't have purchased this stuff, but it was only three dollars so I can't complain. I carry it around with me in my purse for on-the-go blemish coverup/touch-ups or in case I ever feel like I need some glitter in my life.

on 9/20/2015 9:24:00 PM

It's a good concealer for the price. It's pretty liquidy but not runny. I usually moisturize, apply primer, foundation and then concealer, allowing a couple of minutes in between each so they can dry. I dot this under my eye, let it sit there for a minute while I begin my brows, and after I feel like it's firming up I blend it out gently with my ring finger. Goes on very smoothly. The coverage is light, medium if I let the first layer of concealer dry and apply another one on top of it. I'm not a big fan of the accompanying highlighter but it's nice sometimes on the eyelids. I usually set my undereyes with some setting powder and then I'm ready to go all day. There is some very light creasing after a few hours but the product is soft enough to blend back in with just my finger again and firm enough that it doesn't look patchy afterwards and doesn't move again for a long time.

I use this on an every day basis and save my higher end concealers for the weekend or nights out. It gets the job done.

I wear this color in light.

on 8/29/2015 7:28:00 PM

This is my every day concealer for under eyes. What I like about this is that it is a very thin, liquid consistency so it does not settle into fine lines at all, and this is a huge problem for me with pretty much every cream concealer I've ever tried. The down side is the pigmentation, which does not really cover that well, but I prefer low coverage over creasing and highlighting the lines around my eyes, so I'm kind of stuck with this. I've experienced that, like a lot of people have commented, this concealer actually can enhance/highlight dark circles rather than conceal them. I find this is mainly the problem if the concealer is lighter that your skin tone. I know that people like to go lighter on their under eye concealer in an attempt to "brighten" that area, but this concealer just doesn't work like that.

Coloring is quite neutral, but still brightening (ie not grey/dulling on the skin). I really like that because yellow concealer under mye eyes makes my circles appear green.

As far as the highlighting side, all I really can say is that it's fine. It's a white paste with light reflecting particles. It's nothing special and not particularly high end, like some others have mentioned it does not have a high concentration of highlighting particles, and the glitter/sparkles particles aren't that finely milled. You also have to be careful blending this in so That being said, it works fine. Would not repurchase this for the highlighter side, but I do actually use it as my highlighter quite often, especially because I often do my make up on the go and it's right there on my concealer so I dont have to bring an extra product.

I love the packaging, or rather I love the design of the packaging. However it's not very sturdy and since I like to carry my make up around often, I've experienced several ways this can break:
*both that the concealer and the highlighter side fall out of the black middle part (minor problem because each "container" is still intact and can be used like normal)
*the part of the container where you screw the cap on crack around the rim and eventually breaking of entirely.
*and lastly the small containers cracking(!) down the side out of nowhere

- No creasing or settling into fine lines.
- Price.
- Very convenient packaging design.

- Poor coverage
- Can give a "highlighting" effect on dark circles (concealer side)
- Packaging can break if carried around in makeup bag.

on 8/13/2015 10:21:00 AM

So, I have to say goodbye to my beloved Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair... 1) It isn't cruelty free and 2) since I'm going back to school I just can't afford the $26 CAN price.

Enter E.L.F. Under Eye Conceal & Highlight. Cruelty free & the price is right on ($3). I really like the double-ended conceal/highlight in one tube. And overall it's great for my needs.

It definitely applies differently from the Clinique. With the Clinique my technique was dot-on with the brush applicator then smudge-press with fingers. The ELF consistency is much more watery and fluid. The application is more like: lightly-swipe the under-eye area with the doe-foot applicator, then travel-press-tap into the skin with fingers. I do get a nice even coverage... however the coverage is definitely more sheer than the Clinique.

I like looking my age (40), but don't want to look older than I am... so I do check for creasing in fine lines. There has been no problem!... I do make sure to set the concealer but passing my big fluffy brush of rice powder over the area, and it sets it nicely.

Since I'd call my look polished-natural, I'm okay with the sheer coverage. Since I don't wear all-over foundation, the formula blends easily into my natural skin. Also, it's build able which is nice (I have a darker area under my left eye, so I just dot a little extra on that zone). Also, I've been working on WHY I get dark circles (lack of sleep!). I've definitely been getting more zzz's which helps too :)

Okay, on to the Highlighter side of the tube. I love it! I follow Bobbi Brown's makeup technique from a flyer-booklet I received a while ago. She recommends a sheer white-ish eyeshadow. The ELF Highlighter really brightens the darker beige-brown colouration on my lids. The sparkle is subtle, barely noticeable, and I'm okay with it. It makes my green-hazel eyes come alive and look much more awake and fresh! I love it! (Bonus: no need for eyeshadow!!) There is SOME creasing by end of day, but I don't really mind.

Although this isn't my HG concealer, I will be repurchasing! It's easy, inexpensive and cruelty-free. Thanks for reading! xo

on 7/21/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cannot say enough how much I love this!!! I bought the color 'Fair' and use the concealer part under my eyes and above cheekbones, which instantly brightens my face overall. The highlighter then goes to the T-zone and a bit on my eyelids as well. I like this product a lot better than the Benefit High Beam, which is way too shimmery making your skin look like fish scale. Almost feel guilty to pay only $3 for this amazing item. Hope e.l.f. will not discontinue it ever.

on 5/24/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been quite sick this week so going to classes was quite miserable. I picked this up at TJ Maxx for 2.39, and figured if it didn't work it wouldn't be a big loss. I have deep lines under my eyes and a pretty prominent purplish color to accompany them, due to lack of sleep and the fact that I'm half asian. Originally I applied this by DOTTING the concealer and highlighter under my eyes, and lets just say I was NOT impressed. There was almost no coverage at all and the only effect was a reverse raccoon look (purple, creases +ghostly patches = not cute). That day I received a few comments on how sick I looked. The next day instead of dotting I used a swiping motion and blended it with my finger. Wow! What a difference. There was little to no purple showing through and it looked like those photoshopped pictures where the models have 0 under eye imperfections. I also love how light this product is. I went from hating this concealer to loving it just from a different application process. Quite a few of those same people mentioned that I looked a lot better, too. Thank you ELF! New favorite concealer!

on 3/29/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WOWZA. I am 46 but luckily have very little under the eyes to conceal - no dark circles or bags (knock wood). So my demands upon an undereye concealer product are as slim as this wand. This is not appropriate for serious concealing. It is creamy, has great slip, and when applied with my RT sponge or Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush, it thins out, gets smooth, and stays all day on my eyes with a bit of powder. But it will not hide acne, discolorations, or spots - at least not for long. That said, I really like this formula, which is a creamy happy medium between say, Mac ProLongwear and the super slippy stuff in a pen like Touche Eclat. The highlighter end is also FANTASTIC for my purposes. I am very fair (NC15) and it looks pearly and pretty without weird shimmer. If I look really close up in direct light, I can make out teensy bits of it, but they are imperceptible to others. Which I know because I asked, yo. Excellent brightening and highlighting with this thing. For the price, unbeatable. Yeah, I bought backup. Planning to purchase the darker colors for contrast/contour purposes and to enjoy the more colored highlighters. ALSO: BOTH CONCEALER AND HIGHLIGHTER MAKE A BRIGHTENING BASE FOR EYESHADOWS. Worn alone, I see noticeable light creasing after about 9 hours on my normal, not terribly oily lids.

I like this so well I no longer pick up my Dior or YSL pen thingies or even use my benefit glow stick thingamabob. All pretty good highlighters, but this is the best. I use it on my undereye, brow bones, above the brow, cheekbones, down the schnoz, Cupid's bow, and a bit on my chin. Lovely, and for $3 I will continue to stockpile. BOOYAH!

ADDENDUM: Mentioned by other reviewers, and I concur: this works best OVER foundation. I can't imagine a product this sheer being useful at all beneath base.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always worn Clinique concealer (All About Eyes and Line Smoothing) for years. Concealer is great at camoflauging discoloration around eyes, but it can also accentuate tell tale signs of aging. Recently went without concealer in hopes I could pull if off, but feel my eyes look better with concealer.

Purchased E.L.F. under eye concealer & highlighter in hopes it would offer good coverage without seeping into fine lines. The concealer is a thin, watery liquid that highlights dark circles around my eyes. Go figure. My eyes look better if I skip this concealer and use fdtn to cover dark circles.

The highlighter is a sparkly mess. I have red undertones and dabbed a bit of the highlighter on a few spots. Coverage wasn't too great, and not aware it had sparkles in it before purchasing.

This cost me $3.00. I've spent 3x and 4x the amount on products that didn't work out, so don't consider this a big loss.

on 3/7/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

one of my favorite concealers I don't have much to cover but some occasionally dark circles from lack of sleep I like it cause it doesn't crease its not cakey really does brighten and it looks so flawless best when used with a beauty blender haven't really used the hilight part