December 22, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lipstick - Sleek - True colour lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by PaigeSophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this lipstick in the shade cherry which is a beautiful dark red. I was dying to find a dark red for the autumn/winter months and this is the perfect colour! It's lighter than the swatch on the website which looks very dark and almost brown instead of red. It's highly pigmented and stains the lip, but doesn't dry them out. It is difficult to take off so I make sure to put on lots of lip balm beforehand and I do notice it smudges quite easily, but it's a great lippie for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in mystic. it's matte...and when I say matte it's like chalk but in a good way. there's no shine whatsoever. I don't feel like i'm wearing anything but it doesn't dry my lips out. it's such a vivid colour and lasted 8 hours on me without needing to touch up. now that's what I call a wonder lipstick!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Nicole100687

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I've never worn lipstick before but I wanted to try something new this winter. I bought a 24hr lipstick by another brand and the staying power was amazing but they didnt have any dark colours and I was struggling with options available because of my skin tone. The bright reds and hot pinks just didnt seem to work with my warm undertones.

I bought the Sleek True Colour lipstick in Mulberry. Its a deep rich plum colour that I thought would work for me and I couldn't seem to find something like it at any of the other high street brands in store. Its really beautiful. I got a lot of compliments at work. (Although, I think its more of an evening colour)
I had to reapply after lunch as this is not waterproof and that's why I scored it 4/5.
For 4.99 though, its good value for money and I recommend. I normally apply lipbalm at least 4 times a day and I only added a bit of balm on top once today. Its very moisturising and I was going to try and find the same shade in a different brand for longevity but to reapply once is satisfactory for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought two shades of this - Mystic, which is really great magenta/purple matte & Babydoll which is really pale pink sheen finish.

The colour payoff for Mystic is great, it suits me perfectly, I have a pale cool toned skin & dark hair. I don't find the matte formula to be that drying as other people have said, in fact I find it a lot nicer to wear that say Mac Ruby Woo.

Babydoll does feel more moisturising on the lips but I do find the colour goes on a bit patchy & is not as pigmented as the matte shade. This was going straight onto my lips though & I think it would benefit from going on over a base as my lips are quite pink.

Overall for the price these are great, the colour selection is amazing & there are some good dupes for a lot of the mac mainline colours (eg, Smother = Rebel, Vamp = Diva). You can buy three Sleek colours for the prince of one Mac (plus you only get 3g in Mac & 3.5g in Sleek) & I don't find the staying power or pigmentation to be compromised by the low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

I purchased True Colour lipstick Sheen in Barely There. I am American, so I purchased on a trip at a Superdrug in a London suburb wanting to try Sleek Makeup. I found out later, however, that those in the U.S. can purchase Sleek makeup online.

The color is pigmented and such a pretty pink/almost nude. This was around five quid (about $8) and totally worth it! It is true that it does show chapped lips, but no more than MAC matte lipsticks (plus you can just add a bit of gloss or balm to prevent it from looking chapped). You do need to re-apply since it's a natural pink shade, but no more times than other lipsticks that are similar shades. The lipstick does not have any strange makeup flavors nor scent. It is easily comparable to MAC, but half the price.

The packaging is very nice compared to other drug store brands (the lipstick container doesn't feel like the usual typical flimsy plastic and even comes in a box like dept store makeup).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Coral Reef. It applied beautifully. Smooth, pigmented, creamy. I was very happy with the bright, true to color shade. The problem I have with this lipstick is the wear. I applied this and didn't do a mirror check for a few hours. My lips did not feel parched or uncomfortable so I figured my lipstick was wearing well. When I did look in the mirror, I was shocked that I had been walking around with a dried out ring of color around my lips and a line where my lips come together.

Yikes.

I'm not too sure if "long wearing" is one of the claims of this lipstick, but it is definitely not something I can apply once and wear all day without touch ups.

Coral Reef is a beautiful color. I'm a sucker for bright orange lipsticks and this shade did not disappoint in packing a punch. I will not repurchase only based on the wide variety of other brands that offer shades like this without wear issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I am a huge fan of Sleek cosmetics and have the True Colour lipsticks in Barely There, Bare All, Liquer, Peaches & Cream, Smother and Baby Doll. They all come in either Matte or Sheen finish and I do prefer the sheen, simply because it is generally easier to work with.

Barely There (Sheen)- This is an absolutely gorgeous nude/peach colour that is more pigmented than it's name! I love to wear this lipstick with a 60s look. My personal favourite.

Bare All (Matte)- A similar shade to Barely There except a little darker and slightly more coral, because this is matte you do need to work a little harder with this one. It does have a tendency to emphasise dry patches. Despite this, I do really like this colour & wear it with heavier eye makeup.

Liquer (Sheen)- Another absolutely gorgeous versatile nude/pinky brown with gold shimmers however when applied you cannot see them. The formula is very smooth & moisturising. I think darker skins would struggle to see this on their lips though.

Peaches & Cream (Sheen)- A very creamy, smooth orange/peachy colour. It looks brighter on lips then in the tube. I think this would look lovely with a tan. Can bring yellow tones out in your teeth though.

Smother (Sheen)- Beautiful purple/red unique shade that is not as dark as appears in the tube. I think this would suit all skin tones. I love to wear this with minimal eye makeup and thick lashes. The formula is very smooth and moisturising.

Baby Doll (Sheen)- I bought this to go with a 60s look and to be honest it is a very difficult colour to pull off. It is a very pale baby pink. I put it on my lips then blend it in with my finger to give a softer look. The formula is not as moisturising as the other Sheen colours. I would only recommend this shade if you have pale skin with cool or pink undertones as this would look super tacky with a tan or darker skintones.

Overall, I am impressed with Sleek lipsticks. The formula is good, the price is very reasonable however some of the colours are more difficult to work with. I would re purchase some of the shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Aaima123

I've done a full review of these lipsticks over on my blog. Check it out!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by irf7

I bought 3 of these and the colours are amazing. but...
It looked so awful on! Its super drying, not like any other matte lipstick i've tried. Your lips have to be in perfect condition for this to look good. They are cheap so I'm not all dissapointed. It's a bit waxy and it does smell and feel a bit cheap + They stain your lips and it's very hard to remove. I put a heavy coat of lipbalm underneath to make it glide on more smoothly and it looks ok. Not great, but ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Oh my goodness, this has to be one of my all time favourite lipsticks! It's sooo creamy, the colour's brillant and the lasting power is pretty top-notch too. Not bad for a lipstick that only cost me 4.99GBP and was bought on a total whim when I saw it in Superdrug a few months ago. Buy one - you won't regret it!!