November 24, 2014 | 2064 users online

Lipstick - Prescriptives - Lipstick- Rose Mystique 06

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by reggielover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my Holy Grail lipstick. Been using PX for about 20 years. I am beyond upset about this whole business. Am stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

This little gem was sent to me by my dear friend MRSLE. Though on first inspection, I would have guessed this to be a 'warm' browny pink, it actually works very well with my cool colouring, brown hair, blue eyes. A nice natural shade, feels lightweight, long wearing. I like that I can wear this as is, or top with one of my favorite glosses to punch it up a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

I have a warm, light-medium skin tone, classified as Y by Prescriptives, and this lippie looks just as great on me as on the cool- toned reviewers below, since it has some brown tones too. Great fall pink color. I will miss Prescriptives going out of business- they do my HG lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

This is an outstanding lipstick shade for me; brown hair/brown eyes/light skin "cool." I didn't think, based upon what it looks like in the tube, that it would be anything special (I wouldn't have picked it out on my own, to say the least). Now, it's smashing; if I had to have one lipstick for the rest of my life this would be it. I also look good in the "Wisteria" shade and in "Rouge Social" IF it's blotted back a bit. Thanks, Prescriptives! (Oh, also, texture, longevity & scent (none to speak of) are wonderful).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by akkk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaving the knights of the round table far behind (after all, they don't understand makeup), a sole standard bearer of the quest to find the HG MLBB lip color scours the department store. She sees the Prescriptives counter-- a little hamlet she has passed before in her never-ending quest. Could this little place actually house the HG MLBB lip color? Could there be truth behind the color-matching hype?

hmm....

She summons the SA who brings forth her testing equipment, swatching different base shades on our heroine's face to determine what her skin tone is. Cool, she says, and vanishes behind her gew gaws and equipment. A few thumps, a few flashes of green and blue... and she emerges, as Merlin must have emerged from his battles... with a selection of lipsticks (poor Merlin)

She presents Rose Mystique lipstick with a little bow. Our heroine imperiously picks up the offered color and applies it to her lips. The stars, sun and the moon crash together, the skies rumble with thunder and lightning flashes before the sun comes out in a fair blue sky. It is the Holy Grail!!!!

I would like to say that the lady returned to Camelot with her find and the kingdom rejoiced. Everyone lived happily ever after. But the truth is that she merely returned home with her prize in hand, a very happy maid indeed. For this lipstick hath a smooth texture, is moderately moisturizing, very very very long wearing (leaves a stain when the waxy part has worn off), and works well with MAC sublime culture lipliner. It is a rosy shade with some warm brown undertones, no shimmer or glitter. Very creamy consistency. The packaging looks somewhat smaller than other lip products, but the amount of product is comparable to that found in regular lipstick tubes. So no problems there.

Now. To find the perfect weapon to slay the foul dragon... Or a brave knight, perhaps?

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No