October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Urban Experiment 13 Nylon Clay Yarnifying Paste [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lizzard11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff is easy to use, a pump so its a no brainer...use it on damp hair. I have fine wavy layered shaggy bob, this is the product to use. I use a small amount of thickening gel/spray before, then 1 pump (pea size) is all you need. I then dry with a diffuser, then put a few large 2" curling iron rolls in my hair for a little bit of volume then kinda shake out my hair, spray and go. I do have long bangs so I put them in a huge velcro roller 1st as I go thru the entire process. Works like a charm...gives me a Meg Ryan kinda texture in my hair that as the day goes on if its a little flat somewhere I can kinda just scrunch it up with my hands and it stays. Makes you hair pliable even with a small amount. Do not over due with this stuff if you have fine hair, I'm sure if you have thicker coarser hair you can adjust accordingly. Love it, can only get nt on ebay, it's expensive but lasst forever.........love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this paste! I apply it to barely damp hair as my hair is air-drying to scrunch in some funky curly texture to my typically frizz-wavy-straight hair. It gives my style a little bit of a tousled woolen look. It gives interesting texture but not much hold, so I lock in the finished look with some hairspray before I frizz out. It costs a lot--I paid $20 for it but I'd buy it again! In fact, I'm due to buy another bottle. It comes in an airless pump dispenser & all I ever need is 1 or 1.5 squirts for my bob-length hair. It has an opaque snotty-jelly texture to it & no unpleasant odor. I have a feeling this is a novelty product that Redken will eventually discontinue, but I hope that won't be the case. I love this stuff! I'm still using the last remains of my 1st bottle from 2 years ago, so I better get a move on & buy a 2nd bottle before it's too late. I noticed recently that the specialty store where I bought it has only ONE bottle left on the shelf. I want it!