August 1, 2014 | 1869 users online

Skincare - Face - The Firm - Heal Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I'm currently using Heal Gel Intensive for my eczema scars and it works wonders! I see lightening in a matter of days. I was worried with the silicone content but it did not cause clogging (for now).

I'm also using Healgel for face which is lighter in texture, more like lotion. I like that it can be applied throughout the face instead of like intensive, which is really intensive. Face is great as it makes my skin more even and smoother. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hanlou1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I suffered with cystic acne for around twelve years and then upon research it more or less disappeared when I cut out dairy. I was then left with horrible red marks. Having spend a LOT on products claiming to reduce scarring I was a bit sceptical to try this, especially as it's not overly cheap.
I have to say I love this product, it has a lovely fresh scent to it and is great as a base for makeup. It doesn't work straight away of course (i think you'd be naive to think any product would do in terms of scar healing) but what I would say is that it calmed my skin from the first application. I have bought three bottles of this stuff now and I use it every morning. I have to say my skin is a lot clearer and marks are definitely fading. There's still a way to go but I wouldn't use anything else, this is the first product to really make a difference and believe me I've tried them all!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This review is for "HealGel Face". Their claim: Advanced anti-ageing: firms, replenishes, and smoothes one's skin. My opinion: meh. On the plus side, it does moisturize well and feels great on, luscious and plump. And I do appricate like the solid science behind this product. But bottom line: does it work? After 3 months of using it, did it live up to its claims? My wallet is sorry to say, it did not. A nice moisturizer, but collagen boosting, restoring elasticity, plumping, firming? Not a bit. For $60+ USD, I think we all expect a bit more bang for our buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is amazing. It is marketed as a multi purpose gel to help with scarring, eczema, etc in fact all manner of problem skin conditions, however, it is also great for puffy eyes. Probably because it contains arnica. It is also firming. It lasts for ages as you only need the tiniest bit on your finger, in fact the tiniest bit would do both eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by minkukat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am indian and have brown skin. I had servere acne scarring on by back and having been using heal gel by the firm for approx 4 months and have seen a dramatic change to the scarring on my back. Heal gel has worked brilliantly and lightened the scarring. I recommend this even though it is expensive, i have wasted my money on quite alot of products that have not worked on scarring. My scarring is so much better and I am still using it on the scars

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I came across this product when I was looking for something that would help heal my acne scars quicker. It was never ususally a problem but for some reason they were taking a very long time to go. I stumbled across it by chance really.

It was created by some British Cosmetic surgeons who wanted a treatment that would heal skin problems (primarily cosmetic surgery related - brusing scarring etc) quicker than the products that were available.
It is a light gel consistancy with a pleasant minty smell. It comes in a 30ml jar which for the price (30) is a 1 per ml. It is slightly horrific but I was willing to try anything. Not great in a recession but sacrifices had to be made elsewhere sadly. They do have a money back guarantee if you hate it. Just as well really!

My opinion of this gel is that it is AMAZING! I was initially worried as it contains silicones and thought this would clog my pores. Suprisingly it didn't so I tentatively put a tiny bit in with my moisturiser both morning and night and the improvement in my skin is quite something. Scars start to go in roughly a week. I find it is helping my spots go quicker as well. I realised it contains a small amount of salicylic Acid which would be the reason why. Obviously its not a spot treatment per say but I think it improves them for me. I have been using this for a couple of weeks before I reviewed. You do only need the smallest amount. A little goes a very long way - should last a good while. I can't tell you if it diminishes bruises as I haven't had one to put it on yet. I am having surgery next year so I will report back if it works well in that respect.

Because of the silicones it is a great primer under makeup. Mineral makeup goes on over it like a dream, although I am only wearing concealer at the mo.

Overall very good if you find scars a problem or have had any surgery - cosmetic or medical. oh this does contain Arnica as well so please be careful if you have any alergies/problems with it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No