December 18, 2014 | 1060 users online

Eye Shadow - Kevyn Aucoin - The Prime Color Creme Eye Shadow - Decadent

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Chantel25

I applied this white eyeliner to my lower lid and I was so impressed on how smooth and creamy it was. I did not even have to set this eyeliner with eye shadow and it stayed on all day long. The eyeliner goes on so nicely and it really makes your eye just "pop". For the past few months I have been wearing white eyeliner from N.Y.C. and this Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pencil is the best eyeliner that I have ever used and I definitely recommend this product to every makeup artist and the every day woman because you will love this.

Use of this Product:
This Eye Pencil lines and defines with silky, dramatic shades and minimal effort. At one end you will find a sharp tip for lining the eyelid, lower lid or waterline. At the other end you'll find a slightly tapered smudging tip for creating a smoky look.

This was my first time ever wear this type of eye shadow and just like with the other product I was very impressed. The Prime Color Creme Eye Shadow I wore is in Decadent and it was so pretty as soon as I put it on my lids I just fell in love with the color and texture. I was worried that it would take a long time to dry but it dried within seconds and I was to apply my eyeliner and my face was complete.

Use of this Product:
This super creamy color is for shading your lids. This liquid shadow adds shimmer, color and drama (which I love) to the lids. Packaged in a pen-like tube, the eye shadow glides on with ease and dries to a crease-proof finish.

These products are great to be worn together or separate and they will make very woman feel GORGEOUS I recommend both of these products.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Datura79

This is a review for this product in Lush. I got this as a freebie, so I can't complain too much, but the applicator does not work properly. I'm assuming it's a defect with the one that I received and they aren't all like this, but I find it frustrating to use. You turn the bottom of the tube and the creme is supposed to comes out from the tiny holes at the top of the applicator. Unfortunately, either entirely too much or no product comes out at all. I have given up on it and it sits at the bottom of my train case most of the time. It's a shame that it doesn't work right, because the product itself is very nice. The shade is a beautiful rich forest green and wears very well throughout the day and doesn't crease. I was looking at the other reviews, and apparently this product is $27. I don't think it justifies the cost. This eyeshadow is nice, but you could do just as well or better at the mac counter for half that price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of KA's creme e/s, Deceit and this one. Decadent is a lovely bronze-brown that does not turn coppery (thankfully) on me. IMO, the texture and wear are better than LM's creme shadows. Looks very smooth and does not dry out my lids like LM's. It is crease-proof but not waterproof, which is great because my sensitive lids get puffy and irritated from shadows that stick to them like glue. I have no problems with the applicator being too wide, as I apply with fingers or sponge-tip applicators anyway. With so many different eye shapes and personal application methods, I don't think KA could please everyone on that one. However, I agree with the previous reviewer that the applicator oozes out a bit too much product. I only need a tiny bit for each eye, so I replace the cap and use what's left on the tip next time. The price is steep and will certainly deter me from buying more colors. (I also tried Pristine and Sinful, but they blended into my medium, yellow-olive skin without adding much contrast.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Creme eye shadow in a bronzy brown shade with a sophisticated sheen finish. The click-pen applicator is what caught my eye, but it is a bit too wide for my lids to apply with and not soft enough to blend with. Also, I find it easier to control the amount by swiping a synthetic brush through a blob of product on the applicator tip, rather than applying product directly from the tube. The eye shadow itself is soft and creamy, easy to work with and blend, with moderate pigmentation, but not waterproof.

Comparisons - The color is a dead ringer for LM metallic creme e/s in Burnished Copper. Compared to Benefit Creaseless Creme Shadow/Liners, this shade lies between Marry Up and Busy Signal. Both the LM and Benefit shadows are waterproof and don't budge on me, though.

Packaging - Click-pen type applicator pushes product up through multiple holes in the clear angled tip. The tip is stiff plastic. The tube itself fades from black to red, and there is a round window near the tip which indicates the color inside (and presumably also whether any product remains). Sturdy packaging.

Overall - I like the eyeshadow color and texture, but I'm not sold on the applicator. It won't dry out, I suppose... I'm a little disappointed by the application but moreso by the steep price ($27). continued >>