August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by dannydiaz20

Totally dried out already when I purchased it. Love a lot of other elf products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Autumnoutboy

I bought this since it was incredibly cheap and I adore E.L.F. The first applications looked great but IT IS NOT WATERPROOF. It actually rubs off within a few hours. It has no staying power at all. After 10 uses the pen had completely dried up and I ended up having to throw it out. Not impressed, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Waterproof? Definitely not! I have very watery eyes and this rubbed off before I even left the house! Would not recommend this for those that are truly looking for something waterproof/water-resistant! This was just horrible. It also transferred to my lower lash line and smudged underneath my eyes… This is just a horrible product. Not that I am surprised, I have had several issues with their other eyeliners. It is a cheaper brand… so I guess you get what you pay for!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Lorax99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $1 its not so bad. However its a piece of crap. It dried out after using it literally three times. For a backup its fine to have in your car for after you do your walk of shame. But its not something I would count on to use daily.
Seriously, it lasted maybe three applications. Stupid! Better off buying a $1 cheese burger. Would get more use out of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sandnigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be blatant, this eyeliner hella sucks. At first I actually kind of liked it, but then I noticed that it 1) isn't waterproof and 2) fades A LOT after just a few hours. The tip is felt and after about 2-3 weeks of using it, the tip began wearing out so I can't necessarily draw wings with it or use it when I need a precision. It has a dry consistency and pulled at my eyelid whenever I used it, and sometimes the pen would start drying out in the midst of applying my eyeliner. Like uhhh excuse me I still need to finish my other eye. It was only $2 so I'm not bawling my eyes out over this, but it was still an annoying experience.

This might be an alright product for someone who wants to experiment a little. I guess you could fight the fading by applying another liner on top (which seems counterproductive to me) or applying a black eyeshadow over it, but I prefer my eyeliner to not need me to take extra measures so that it stays on point lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We'll put it this way: I thought I had a good product until I bought the Revlon eyeliner pen. I compared them, and was shocked to find that the ELF pen was smaller, had a much wider nib, had a less opaque formula, and felt cheaper. It's not a 'bad' product, per se, but if I had my choice, I would go with Revlon even though it's several dollars more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible! The colour isn't as black as I'd like it to be and after a few uses it's completely dried out. Furthermore the tip isn't really good for precise lines. It really does feel like a sloppy marker. I much prefer my Japanese brands such as Dollywink or Kiss Me Heroine Liner ($12-15 online but lasts much longer than this one) or even splurge on Stila, at least that lasts longer too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know these pen types tend to dry out faster than other types of eyeliners, but this one dried out after less than a handful of uses. I made sure to close the cap immediately after each use. Maybe I got a bad batch. It also skipped, tugged, and bothered my eye. The few times I was actual able to use it before it dried out, it was very dark black and it did stay on for a while. I think I paid like a dollar at Target for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sandeelovesmakeup

Okay so I'm not a big liquid eyeliner girl.. Embarassing to say but i just can't seem to make a straight line with it. :( I heard lots of good things about liquid liners that have a felt tip. So when i was at the department store, i ran into the ELF counter and found this little darling.. It's so cheap so I thought what could possibly go wrong? If it was good then good for me but if it was bad then i didn't really lose too much money right?

So for my thoughts.. The packaging is cute. The price amazing. It's around 200pesos which i think is about $3 or something I guess. When i swatched it at the counter I was so amazed on how easily it glides and how good the color payoff is. The packaging says waterproof but i have to slightly disagree on that. It wasn't. When i went home and washed my hand, the swatch just washed off. Easily. So i was a bit worried when i put it on my eyes the next day. So i lined my eyes, again very impressed with the color and how easy it was to apply. For the first time in like forever, i was able to perfect a cat eye!! I was so proud of myself.. My only worry was the staying power. After the end of the day, it was still there but it did fade a bit on some parts but mostly still okay.

So i rate this 5 on packaging, price but just a 3 on quality. Would have wanted more ataying power but i do really like it and would repurchase once finished unless i find a better one that is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to see if it could be a replacement for my HG liner while it was out of stock.

And while it's a lovely shade of black, and it's pigmented with one swipe. And it's easy to control it is by no means "waterproof" nor is it water resistant. I swatched it on my hand let it set for a minute then ran it under warm water and it just washed off without any scrubbing, or even touching it! It just rolled off!

I wish it lasted longer, and wouldn't melt off because it's a lovely liner! As it's so cheep i'd say give it a try and see if it works for you!