April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We'll put it this way: I thought I had a good product until I bought the Revlon eyeliner pen. I compared them, and was shocked to find that the ELF pen was smaller, had a much wider nib, had a less opaque formula, and felt cheaper. It's not a 'bad' product, per se, but if I had my choice, I would go with Revlon even though it's several dollars more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible! The colour isn't as black as I'd like it to be and after a few uses it's completely dried out. Furthermore the tip isn't really good for precise lines. It really does feel like a sloppy marker. I much prefer my Japanese brands such as Dollywink or Kiss Me Heroine Liner ($12-15 online but lasts much longer than this one) or even splurge on Stila, at least that lasts longer too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know these pen types tend to dry out faster than other types of eyeliners, but this one dried out after less than a handful of uses. I made sure to close the cap immediately after each use. Maybe I got a bad batch. It also skipped, tugged, and bothered my eye. The few times I was actual able to use it before it dried out, it was very dark black and it did stay on for a while. I think I paid like a dollar at Target for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sandeelovesmakeup

Okay so I'm not a big liquid eyeliner girl.. Embarassing to say but i just can't seem to make a straight line with it. :( I heard lots of good things about liquid liners that have a felt tip. So when i was at the department store, i ran into the ELF counter and found this little darling.. It's so cheap so I thought what could possibly go wrong? If it was good then good for me but if it was bad then i didn't really lose too much money right?

So for my thoughts.. The packaging is cute. The price amazing. It's around 200pesos which i think is about $3 or something I guess. When i swatched it at the counter I was so amazed on how easily it glides and how good the color payoff is. The packaging says waterproof but i have to slightly disagree on that. It wasn't. When i went home and washed my hand, the swatch just washed off. Easily. So i was a bit worried when i put it on my eyes the next day. So i lined my eyes, again very impressed with the color and how easy it was to apply. For the first time in like forever, i was able to perfect a cat eye!! I was so proud of myself.. My only worry was the staying power. After the end of the day, it was still there but it did fade a bit on some parts but mostly still okay.

So i rate this 5 on packaging, price but just a 3 on quality. Would have wanted more ataying power but i do really like it and would repurchase once finished unless i find a better one that is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to see if it could be a replacement for my HG liner while it was out of stock.

And while it's a lovely shade of black, and it's pigmented with one swipe. And it's easy to control it is by no means "waterproof" nor is it water resistant. I swatched it on my hand let it set for a minute then ran it under warm water and it just washed off without any scrubbing, or even touching it! It just rolled off!

I wish it lasted longer, and wouldn't melt off because it's a lovely liner! As it's so cheep i'd say give it a try and see if it works for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ChungC

It worked great the first time I used it. But it dried out very quickly. The brush isn't that great either. I guess you get what you pay for...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My everyday basic liner for work. Easy to use, nice pigmentation, oh and did I mention it's $1.00!?! It's probably not water-proof, but I have yet to test that out. A few others mentioned it's a little stiff, but that's one of the reasons I like it! I am able to make a nice, straight line every time thanks to that stiff tip. I usually buy 2-3 at a time and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Buyer beware: This is one of these products where you get the quality that you pay for.

I grabbed this eyeliner because like many others, I saw that it was very cheap. I'm always on the lookout for potential dupes, or cheap makeup that I can play with and figure out what works for me before I buy high-end brands. E.L.F. had some great makeup that worked for me in the past as well. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with the eyeliner pen here.

This eyeliner pen is definitely not waterproof despite its label. I tested it by drawing a line on my wrist and letting it dry before running water all over it. I only rubbed it very gently, and it completely washed off. I've tested other waterproof eyeliners this way and some of them actually stayed on no matter how hard I rubbed at it. If you want something that's actually waterproof, don't get this eyeliner pen. I can guarantee it will not last beneath watery eyes.

I did like the pigmentation of the eyeliner though. It came on dark, but not too dark - you can use just one layer if you prefer lighter black, or you can build it up. I also liked how the tip is very thin. You won't end up resembling Taylor Momsen if you draw a line on your eyelid. In addition to the cheap price, these are the reasons I bumped the rating over 1.

If you're a beginner then it won't hurt you to try this out for practice - $1 to $2 really is not much to lose here. But if you're more experienced and you simply want some good dupes, I definitely do not recommend this product. It's not something I'd buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible, it just so bad. It will not go on correctly, it looks faded and like it barely even there. At least it was only one dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by canadablonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I prefer a good waterproof pencil BUT picked this up when I saw it because it was so inexpensive. I really like this pen. I get a perfect line, and one that I can build on easily if I'd like it a little thicker. It's precise enough that I can get that perfect little upturn at the corners of my eyes without it looking like a crazy blotch and gentle enough that i can line the inner rim of my lower eyes without irritation. It maybe doesn't last quite as long as some of my other products, but when it wears it just fades some- it doesn't streak or smudge all around my eyes which is a BIG bonus to it.