July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Effet Liner Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by mychemicaloreo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently switched to this mascara after religiously using Benefit's 'They're Real' and I'm extremely impressed.
I actually get lash extensions every 4 weeks (absolutely fantastic btw the best thing I have ever discovered) so I DO NOT use this mascara on my top lashes... Hence the switch from benefit as this is much cheaper. The brush is lovely and really catches my lashes and elongates them. The smaller side really defines them and yes, it does create a liner effect (at least on my bottom lashes) I am a religious eyeliner user and haven't touched any (except to create wings) since discovering this mascara. I love it. Also, for ladies who get lash extensions, this doesn't mess with them or cause them to shed prematurely. Great mascara but personally I don't like the packaging (a little bulky) and I've only had it a couple of week a so I'm not sure how long it will last.
This mascara also doesn't smudge throughout the day (and I work in a hot, busy environment) and it doesn't flake or dry. I would give it a minute or two to settle when you apply it though.

UPDATE: as my lash technician was off on a maternity leave, I hadn't had my lashes refilled for over 6 weeks so I stated to use this on my top lashes too. Its great, really lengthening and defining with plenty of volume. It didn't create the 'liner effect' up top but I wasn't too bothered about that. Not enough to make me stray from my extensions though!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Marytales

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is great for getting long feline-esque lashes in one coat. The dual aspect of the brush means it's perfect to use on the lower lashes for a doll like effect.

I wouldn't say it fulfills the 'liner' effect promise necessarily, but it's a great mascara to use to accompany a winged eyeliner look . It doesn't clump on the brush which is amazing! But anymore than 2 coats and it gets a bit sticky and clumpy on the lashes, though I find that with pretty much all mascara's!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Eurofire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav mascara. Liner Effect Bourjois mascara. I have a few I love but this one I find is the best for its value. Applying this mascara and comparing it to many others is a beyond compare. Just love it. It doesn't make ur lashes rock hard still soft and makes them appear so much longer. Ones that I have tried that dont compare are maybelline scandal eyes, L'Oreal telescopic, L'Oreal voluminous. I really like Shiseido's mascara the Natural Finish Combing one,its one amazing mascara but I just find that that I need to replace it often not sure think it dries quickly and for the value its not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a love at first try mascara.

Some mascaras I find can go on looking great but then weigh down your lashes and make them look shorter.

This one doesnt. The wand here is what packs a punch. This wand does help apply really well at the base of your lashes ensuring full lash coverage from root to tip which does give a slight liner effect at base but also adds length and separation beautifully.

Very pleased with this my new go to mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit-it flakes! This is Maybelline Great Lash formula, but in a different package! HATE THIS!

Less than average. Quite lengthening, but in a clumpy way (not smooth lines, but little specks and dots across the tips of lashes). Have used for three days and I don't wanna give it any more chances. The "liner effect" that is promised is achievable with most mascaras. Doesn't volumize. Makes lashes look spindly and stuck-together. Even the images somebody uploaded here, show that. (the ones at the top of the review section.. check out her before and after). Wouldn't repurchase at ALL. Going back to Essence I love Extreme volume mascara which is also tough (perhaps tougher) to get off, but gives a beautiful effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ivana89

Not bad for everyday use. Nothing spectacular. It only separates and lengthens the lashes. Easy and pleasant to apply. Doesn't clump or smudge. It also holds the curl quite well. Guess it's an okay mascara but I will not be using it often.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been having bad luck with mascaras recently. I like Bourjois so I went and picked up two mascaras that had really great reviews. This was one of them and I bought the waterproof version.

This was easy to put on but did scrape the base of my lashes a little with the rubber nubs on the short side of the brush. (I've been using MAC's Studio Fix mascara so I'm used to hard plastic wands).

I really hated the effect this had on my lashes. It did make it look like I had tightlined my eyes and it lengthened my lashes but made them all stick together like glue, all pointy like. I tried to comb through them afterwards and that just made it worse! It also flaked as I was putting it on! (I've uploaded a pic of me with and without this mascara on so you can see what I mean! Please note: I didn't curl my lashes before trying this out so maybe I'd have had a different result, I don't know.)

I decided to test if it was really waterproof so I splashed my face with a bit of water after it had dried and I had black mascara running down my face! It's NOT waterproof at all! And it took ages to dry.

I don't know what I'm going to do with this tube but I won't be using it again. I got it on sale so at least I didn't spend full price on it.
(EDIT - So I wiped down the wand until almost nothing is left on the brush and it works well in lengthening but the formula is way too thick and flakes *everywhere* after it dries. It's also messy and I manage to smear it on my top lash line (not in a pretty "faux liner" kinda way) no matter what. It does make my lashes look spidery without even trying so I can't put on more than one coat. I really hate the formula, the wand is a nice design.)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Mrswong11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my new favorite mascara:) doesn't weigh down my lashes and really separates and lengthens. a bit expensive for a drugstore brand though

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by stormV301

Boujois makeup has always been an ok drugstore buy, but I did not get on with this mascara at all (waterproof version) :( I tried using it three times, using is sparingly (just use one coat) and throughout the day bits seemed to be falling off into my eyes! I ended up having to get eyedrops as my left eye started to stick together! Not good at all. I have had to throw it away as I am not prepared to try it again and get another eye infection! Maybe I was just unlucky?! But since I have gone back to using my usual Waterproof Maybelline all has been fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

This is the BEST mascara I have ever come across! I got this in Doha, Qatar...I missed my flight back to Melbourne and had to spend an extra day there (I wasn't visiting just in transfer) so I decided to kill some time and do a bit of shopping. In the shopping center I asked the lady in the make up section what mascara she would recomend for my lashes and she said this one was good so I tried it!

Best purchase ever! I was using dior before this but this is so much better! For me, this works amazingly! It lenghens my lashes sooo much and the more I apply the longer they get. They don't stick together which is always a problem for me with other mascaras (I tried A LOT) this is the ONLY mascara I ever loved.I still try other ones but this is my go to mascara.

Only problem is it's not for really hot weather because it's not waterproof but for me it's not a problem, I will just fix it if smudges or wear a different one on really hot days. But this is really really amazing mascara and best of all it doesn't dry out as quickly as others! It lasts a REALLY long time.I've had it for a year and a hlaf now and it STILL works. I will of course re-purchase this!

Over all - doesn't stick your eye lashes together, lenghens them to the max! Amazing amazing product. (my lashes are naturally curly so I'm not sure if others will have a problem with droopy eye lashes or not but I don't have that problem)