September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eye Shadow - Ulta - Bone Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is a staple in my daily makeup routine! The pale matte tone matches my fair skin quite well, and covers the lavender cast that my eyelids have. I use it as a base for other eyeshadows pretty much every day. It is also great to use over the top of other eyehadows when I've gone a little too bold and need to tone it down. In a pinch, I have lightly patted it on my nose to cut down shine.
With daily use, I didn't hit pan until about 6 months later. It has now been 8 months since I purchased this, and there is still a lot of product left. Over all, this is truly a great product for a very low price (especially with Ulta's frequent sales), and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This and NYX Lap Dance are my highlight colors of choice. I am so not into that frosty white highlight area look. I have light skin (NW20) with dark, dark brown hair and brows & very deep set brown eyes with under eye circles -that's a lot of "dark". All of that creates a very shadowed eye socket area. I am always trying to brighten my brown eyes and make them pop. My trade mark look is what my sister calls "Disney Eyes"...big bright eyes. Since I do not like the white/pink frosty look of many highlighters, Bone is perfect. It is a skin colored matte e/s. It is a bit chalky, yet applies leaving no visible sign of shadow...just evens out my skin tone a bit to take some of the natural pink/purple out of the area. Bone is perfection when I don't have a tan. When I get a bit of sun, I prefer NYX's Lap Dance...very similar shade, just a bit more peach. Bone is basically my skin tone, but half a shade lighter maybe. It doesn't make me looks like a Twilight extra like MAC Blanc Type did & it doesn't make me look like I am trying to be 19 like other frosty shades would do. I am 38 yrs old & this is the perfect highlight color for me to brighten my eyes without looking like a disco ball or the undead. Don't buy this if you are expecting some kind of ooohh & aaah...it is a work horse color...but a great one. I will say that over the summer though, I have been relishing NYX's matte e/s in Lap Dance....and while it isn't a "dupe" it creates the same look at a fraction of the price. If you are much lighter than me though, I would stick with Bone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cakexcuddles

I'm really surprised so many people like this because to me it's nothing special. Chalky skin toned color that does not have much color pay off and doesn't blend easily. In my opinion it's junk.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an okay eyeshadow. The color is a creamy, tan-white. It's a nice eyeshadiw for all over your lids. It's not very pigmented, but I'd buy it agian for only 3 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

HG brow highlighter. I'm the kind of girl who wants to look natural. Shimmery brow highlighters are just too much for it. On my lightly tanned skin, shimmers are very obvious to the eye. Bone, however, is a beautiful matte color. I got it as part of an ULTA eyeshadow set from a friend.

It's very pigmented and matte, but not chalky at all. It stays put for about seven hours on my oily lids, using only my concealer as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly, this is quite a pigmented matte color. It is wonderful if you need to neutralize your lid color, to use for a nude look, or to use as a brow highlight. I bought mine on bogo free, so the price was quite good. I would repurchase. Everyone needs a good neutral cream color, I think, and this one is great quality and nice price. It actually reminds me of Clinique's Buttermilk shadow. Packaging is fine..nothing spectacular about it, but its also not bad in any way. You do get a good amount of product in the pan... depending on HOW you'll use this shadow, it should last quite some time. There is 2.85 G/0.1 oz in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by shells08

I love Ulta eyeshadows! I never thought to try them out until they had another sale where they were $3 each, so I picked up a few...and love them all! They are creamy powders with good color payoff and lasting power. Bone is my neutral base color (comparable to MAC brule - maybe a tad lighter), no glitter or shimmer, just a nice pale beige/white color. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by bella4462

I was looking for an e/s without shimmer and glitter. I came across this e/s Ulta Bone and love that is has a nice subtle effect to it. I was in the market for a neutral everyday e/s color and I had 2 choices in mind but they cost between $14.50 and $19.00. I was pleased to find out this cost me only $4.00! I use this for under the brow bone and blend it in with my lid color. Like I said, this is a very sublte shade and if you like nudes, you'll like this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this as a freebie from Ulta when their e/s were BOGO. Its a fairly pale, warm toned matte cream shadow. Ulta's new matte formula is much better than before, this is soft & smooth & blends well with quite a bit of color payoff. I only use this on the browbone as a highlighter. I'm not sure I will ever repurchase as its a tiny bit too light for my skin tone, but I can make it work by using a light hand & really blending well. Plus its a huge pot that looks like it will last forever, so I'm not sure I will ever need to repurchase, but its a very versatile shade. I wear it both with other matte colors, but also pair it with shimmers on the lid to make sure the shimmer isn't OTT during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe nobody has reviewed this before now! I find this nice, taupey natural color works best when paired with Ulta's other eyeshadow, Camel. I use Camel on the lid and Bone in the crease, and it gives me a great look that is suitable for everyday wear. I definitely recommend this product!