October 21, 2014 | 2097 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Mineral Booster

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been enjoying the hell out of this powder lately! I have a small jar in Sheer, which IIRC came with a small jar of mineral foundation powder (which I have since pitched due to irritation).

Lately I have been using this powder on top of my Garnier BB Cream, which I also like but which leaves a pretty shiny finish. Neither of them appear to have much coverage, but the combination leaves my skin looking even, flawless, and matte (but not too matte. Just poreless).

The jar is small. I use an Ecotools mineral powder brush, which is soft and pretty fluffy. I tap off the excess, but it's basically wasted in the sink because I can't get the powder back in the container. That's OK because it's cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in "sheer" and it is a transparent finishing powder. The finish is really good and it keeps my T-zone from getting oily for 5 hours. In the winter time I only use it on my forehead and my nose, while in the summer months I apply it all over my face with the big powder brush from Real Techniques. It is very finely milled, so it is very easy to get a small amount in your brush. If you are not used to loose powders, you might find it a little inconvenient for travelling or taking it in your bag. I bought the big jar (17.89 gr/0.63 oz) for approx. 9 euros, so it is a very good deal and it lasts a really long time. The only downside to this product is that you can only buy it online in my country

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by erin1752

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I use it in "shimmer" (put don't worry, you won't look like a disco ball) and put it on when I am done putting on my concealer, foundation and power, this product blends everything together to create a finished look! It goes on pretty translucent, but if you put enough on, it provides a small amount of sheer coverage (and even though I use it in shimmer, it hardly shimmers at all, I hate shimmery products, and I love this!). It kind of "sets" you're make up in place, gives you a nice finish and a healthy glow. I love the consistency of this product, it's a beautiful, soft, light powder, it never clumps or looks cakey. I love E.L.F products to begin with, they are affordable dupes to higher end products, but this one is definitely on the top of my list! My only complaint is that it is very small and I use it up fast (I bought the smaller size to try it out, but you can buy bigger ones, which is what I plan on doing). I like the packaging though and it's very easy to apply with you're favorite powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the yellow as a setting powder, it looks so much more natural on my skin than 'translucent' white powders, and holds my makeup just as well (if not a bit better) than the other powders I have. The packaging is a nightmare, but most powders in packages like this are.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by krisiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered E.L.F products by chance, as I usually tend to purchase mostly high-end make-up. But I should admit that most of the E.L.F products that I have tried are pretty good for the price. This is especially true for the Mineral Booster, which I find to be really impressive product. I have this in Shimmer and it is really amazing powder that makes some sort of magic with my skin. It evens out the skin tone and provides soft matte finish that lasts for hours. It does not provide much shimmer, it rather provides nice healthy glow. Love it and will try the other shades for sure. I found the E.L.F brand on www.iherb.com for really reasonable price (and there is a chance to use the coupon code TOV126 for $5 discount if you would like).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long been a fan of e.l.f cosmetics and have always had great luck trying new products within the line. I was hoping to get my hands on some HD Powder in Corrective Yellow, but they were sold out online. (For whatever reason, it is impossible to find the full line in stores in my area so I order mine online). Not to be deterred, I searched the other powders and came across this little gem.

I have never used the HD powder in corrective yellow, although I have the sheer spf and LOVE it, but this mineral booster is just what I needed. It evens out the red around my nose, chin and forehead and also stays matte for hours. Seriously, I could not have gotten through a hot, sticky Chicago summer without it! In my opinion, this may be even better than the HD powder because it is portable.

I use this as a final, finishing touch over all my makeup and touch up during the day as needed, which isn't often, as opposed to using pressed powder. The finish is ever-so-slightly shimmery, but not in a preteen kind of way. The only way to improve on this would be to include one of their awesome brushes (maybe a mini kabuki) too. Yet another winner from e.l.f!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Praise the lord I've actually found a powder that keeps my face oil free and wonderful! I was sceptical about buying this as it was so cheap and i'd never used ELF products before but i was pleasantly surprised, it kept my skin oil free like a dream. The only downfalls are that it is pretty talc feeling and it sits on your skin BUT if you're like me and youve tried every powder under the sun..give this one a go, you won't be disappointed, this is a brilliant, budget powder. Found my HG oil-stopping powder :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a complete winner. But I'm just as enamoured with Makeup Alley, because without this site, I would never even have heard of this range.

I got the shimmer powder. It is my latest wonder product in my MUA-inspired quest to replace my massive make-up collection of mediocre products and downright mistakes with excellent products that work.

This powder is amazing on my oily, acne scarred skin. It is finely milled, so subtle, and somehow offers a mattifying effect with the softest 'shimmer' imaginable. It's not a shimmer, it's more like a lit-from-within glow.

The packaging is a bit messy, but the quality of the products, the awesome finish and staying power together with the rock-bottom price more than compensate. This stuff is awesome, and I've since binned my selection of mask-like pressed powders and all of my pals will be getting this for birthday presents from now on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by grian

I use the Corrective Yellow shade of ELF Mineral Booster and absolutely love it. I've been buying this since ELF introduced this colour. Previously I had been using the Sheer shade which was nice but was a bit too pinky on my skin. The Corrective Yellow shade is excellent for creating an even finish to my make up. It looks very natural and helps to tone down any redness and brightens under eye shadows. It is the perfect mineral setting powder. I use it every day and highly recommend it. Excellent value for money - a real beauty bargain!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Mineral Booster in Corrective Yellow. Years ago, when I had some problem redness on my face due to acne prescriptions, I used Benefit Bluff Dust and wrote a glowing review about it. Since I still have some redness around my rose, and my blemishes tend to looks VERY red against my fair skin, I decided to give this a try to see if it was anything like Bluff Dust. Unfortunately, it does not do the job nearly as well- although I have less extreme redness in my face now, the E.L.F. Mineral Booster really doesn't do too much of anything to correct it when I sweep it on as a setting powder. I guess it's less pigmented than Benefit's powder...? It's also not as finely milled (to be expected). This product does its best work when I take a tiny bit on my finger and dab it on a red blemish (like a spot concealer), but I've got to be careful not to overdo that or else it will look obvious. Unfortunately, using the same technique around my nose only helps the redness a bit, not as well as a skin-tone concealer does. Another thing Bluff Dust did that this didn't is help to correct my dark circles- the Mineral Booster just settles into the lines, making the dark circles look obvious, while doing nothing to correct the tone.

Now, as a basic setting powder, this is pretty decent; it does an alright job at setting makeup and controlling oil. However, my real beef with this product, and the reason I wouldn't buy it again in any shade, is the tiny little packaging. I'm okay with getting a small amount of powder for a cheap price, but the container would need to be thin and wide, not narrow like this. Since this is roughly the size of a little container of loose-powder eyeshadow, you really can't get a nice fluffy brush like a kabuki inside, much less swirl it around in the lid. It's super awkward to get the brush in there, and absolutely impossible to get an even distribution on the brush. You end up with lots of powder on some parts of the brush and hardly anything in others, and because the container's too small you can't tap the excess back into the package (I blow the excess off, but that's a tad bit wasteful). Obviously, this effects the application of the powder on your face, making it tricky to apply evenly. Plus, the powder only lasted a couple of months, which is ridiculous for something I had to order online and pay Canadian shipping for. I find these packaging woes incredibly frustrating, and it's enough of a deal breaker for me to never buy again or recommend.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No