April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Mineral Booster

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by krisiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered E.L.F products by chance, as I usually tend to purchase mostly high-end make-up. But I should admit that most of the E.L.F products that I have tried are pretty good for the price. This is especially true for the Mineral Booster, which I find to be really impressive product. I have this in Shimmer and it is really amazing powder that makes some sort of magic with my skin. It evens out the skin tone and provides soft matte finish that lasts for hours. It does not provide much shimmer, it rather provides nice healthy glow. Love it and will try the other shades for sure. I found the E.L.F brand on www.iherb.com for really reasonable price (and there is a chance to use the coupon code TOV126 for $5 discount if you would like).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long been a fan of e.l.f cosmetics and have always had great luck trying new products within the line. I was hoping to get my hands on some HD Powder in Corrective Yellow, but they were sold out online. (For whatever reason, it is impossible to find the full line in stores in my area so I order mine online). Not to be deterred, I searched the other powders and came across this little gem.

I have never used the HD powder in corrective yellow, although I have the sheer spf and LOVE it, but this mineral booster is just what I needed. It evens out the red around my nose, chin and forehead and also stays matte for hours. Seriously, I could not have gotten through a hot, sticky Chicago summer without it! In my opinion, this may be even better than the HD powder because it is portable.

I use this as a final, finishing touch over all my makeup and touch up during the day as needed, which isn't often, as opposed to using pressed powder. The finish is ever-so-slightly shimmery, but not in a preteen kind of way. The only way to improve on this would be to include one of their awesome brushes (maybe a mini kabuki) too. Yet another winner from e.l.f!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Praise the lord I've actually found a powder that keeps my face oil free and wonderful! I was sceptical about buying this as it was so cheap and i'd never used ELF products before but i was pleasantly surprised, it kept my skin oil free like a dream. The only downfalls are that it is pretty talc feeling and it sits on your skin BUT if you're like me and youve tried every powder under the sun..give this one a go, you won't be disappointed, this is a brilliant, budget powder. Found my HG oil-stopping powder :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a complete winner. But I'm just as enamoured with Makeup Alley, because without this site, I would never even have heard of this range.

I got the shimmer powder. It is my latest wonder product in my MUA-inspired quest to replace my massive make-up collection of mediocre products and downright mistakes with excellent products that work.

This powder is amazing on my oily, acne scarred skin. It is finely milled, so subtle, and somehow offers a mattifying effect with the softest 'shimmer' imaginable. It's not a shimmer, it's more like a lit-from-within glow.

The packaging is a bit messy, but the quality of the products, the awesome finish and staying power together with the rock-bottom price more than compensate. This stuff is awesome, and I've since binned my selection of mask-like pressed powders and all of my pals will be getting this for birthday presents from now on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by grian

I use the Corrective Yellow shade of ELF Mineral Booster and absolutely love it. I've been buying this since ELF introduced this colour. Previously I had been using the Sheer shade which was nice but was a bit too pinky on my skin. The Corrective Yellow shade is excellent for creating an even finish to my make up. It looks very natural and helps to tone down any redness and brightens under eye shadows. It is the perfect mineral setting powder. I use it every day and highly recommend it. Excellent value for money - a real beauty bargain!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Mineral Booster in Corrective Yellow. Years ago, when I had some problem redness on my face due to acne prescriptions, I used Benefit Bluff Dust and wrote a glowing review about it. Since I still have some redness around my rose, and my blemishes tend to looks VERY red against my fair skin, I decided to give this a try to see if it was anything like Bluff Dust. Unfortunately, it does not do the job nearly as well- although I have less extreme redness in my face now, the E.L.F. Mineral Booster really doesn't do too much of anything to correct it when I sweep it on as a setting powder. I guess it's less pigmented than Benefit's powder...? It's also not as finely milled (to be expected). This product does its best work when I take a tiny bit on my finger and dab it on a red blemish (like a spot concealer), but I've got to be careful not to overdo that or else it will look obvious. Unfortunately, using the same technique around my nose only helps the redness a bit, not as well as a skin-tone concealer does. Another thing Bluff Dust did that this didn't is help to correct my dark circles- the Mineral Booster just settles into the lines, making the dark circles look obvious, while doing nothing to correct the tone.

Now, as a basic setting powder, this is pretty decent; it does an alright job at setting makeup and controlling oil. However, my real beef with this product, and the reason I wouldn't buy it again in any shade, is the tiny little packaging. I'm okay with getting a small amount of powder for a cheap price, but the container would need to be thin and wide, not narrow like this. Since this is roughly the size of a little container of loose-powder eyeshadow, you really can't get a nice fluffy brush like a kabuki inside, much less swirl it around in the lid. It's super awkward to get the brush in there, and absolutely impossible to get an even distribution on the brush. You end up with lots of powder on some parts of the brush and hardly anything in others, and because the container's too small you can't tap the excess back into the package (I blow the excess off, but that's a tad bit wasteful). Obviously, this effects the application of the powder on your face, making it tricky to apply evenly. Plus, the powder only lasted a couple of months, which is ridiculous for something I had to order online and pay Canadian shipping for. I find these packaging woes incredibly frustrating, and it's enough of a deal breaker for me to never buy again or recommend.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the mineral booster in shimmer and I really like it. It's subtle but still definitely "there." It's sort of similar to the Too Faced Candlelight Highlighter, except some of the 'pieces' of shimmer in this are a little bigger. It almost looks like it has a pinkish tint to it in the package but it's just a sheer shimmer on. This is great for cheeks, collarbone, etc.; any spot you want to highlight. The packaging is sleek and efficient and a little product goes a long way. It's super cheap compared to other similar products but works just as well. Has never caused me any skin problems. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this Mineral Booster in shimmer.
When I first saw just how shimmery and the blue-ish hue this had I was worried this would make me look like a character from a Twilight film! Luckily that wasn't the case and this is a very nice product indeed, I use this lightly over the top of Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals foundation and this helps everything look a lot more polished and glowy.
The shimmer version of this product doesn't seem to effect the colour of foundation / skin so is quite translucent in that sense.
PROS: Helps foundation look lightly more polished / finished. Not quite as shimmery as you think if applied lightly and buffed in well
CONS: The pot does get quite messy. Not really an essential product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I have the boosters in Sheer AND Shimmer. I LOVE these. I mostly love the shimmer better. Here is why:

Sheer- This is sort of like a setting powder for me. There is no shimmer or glitter and it helps keep my oily skin intact. I've read that some say this is more of a pinkish tone, but it works so well for me (probably because i have pinkish/blue undertones). I love this as it makes my skin look nice and refreshed somewhat and gives me that airbrushed look. Its very similar to BE mineral veil but "slightly" tinted sort of. Although it works the same way for me. :)

Shimmer- I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS! It looks white until you shine it infront of a light you can see the pearly pinkish glowy color-but it is NOT glittery or overly shimmery. I cannot explain this, but it just gives you a SUPER "pregnancy" pretty glow! BE radiance I LOVE-but some of them are too shimmery (bare radiance I LOVE, but pure radiance is very shimmery for my oily skin so I love using that one as a highlighter or even for my eyelids). But this one just makes you glowy-withOUT that "too shimmery/glitter" look-and it does this at the same time makes my oily skin stay matte. I have never found such a product that keeps my skin matte while at the same time, providing me with that perfect "glow". THIS IS IT!

If you cannot decide on which one to buy, I would say the shimmer one is perfect! Glowing without having to look like a disco oily glitter face! I love it so much I am stocking up on this. I hope they never discontinue the shimmer one-EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have several different foundations and setting powders for different situations (like if Im going to be out all day I'll wear colorstay) This stuff works really well with my garnier bb cream and a couple spritz of elf makeup mist and set. I would actually make this an everyday foundation routine (along with my sephora primer) but I sweat alot and it doesn't stay with me as well as the colorstay. It's not as matte as the rimmel stay matte (which is what I use with colorstay) and I like that sometimes. I HATE ordering from elf online, but thats my only complaint. btw I use sheer and I would really like to try the the yellow one for under eye.