April 25, 2014 | 1089 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Fetish Pink #8

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Unfortunately I was unable to swatch this and had to rely on online swatches for this online purchase. It's a whole lot more "barbie pink" than I was expecting, so while I'm not a huge fan of it on its own on my lips I really don't mind it at all layered with other lip colours in my stash. I'm in my 40's so think I have been there and had my blue/pink barbie lipstick days already and have many other colours that are more flattering on me.

The formula though is exactly what you would expect from YSL, I really do think they win hands down every time on the most gorgeous formula lipsticks that just glide on and feel good. They don't seen to ever do that goopy thing when they wear off. For such a creamy formula they do manage to stay put for quite some time.

If you're a sucker for luxe packaging like me you'll love YSL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

I was looking for the perfect barbie pink for my skin tone and this was the ticket! I have very yellow undertones so any blue toned lipsticks look like death on me, but this one works really well. It's gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG lippie!! I am so fortunate to have received this in a swap.The packaging is very elegant , a sleek gold embossed with the YSL logo and a mirror on the top cap for application.The best part is the lipstick itself is multipurpose.It is as if they combined a chap stick (with SPF) a beautiful unique color and a high shine gloss.This color to me would be describe as a barbie pastel pink .Gorgeous :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG LIPSTICK! So beautiful and creamy! It even smells nice (rare in a lipstick). I just adore the pink colour, and the packaging is beautiful. Love the mirror on top!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I amazingly adore this luxorious lipstick its so creamy and wow on the lips. I love the colour it suits my complextion very well!!! 4 sure I will get more colours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest I don’t own this lipstick. I wanted to avoid buying again a high brand lipstick and been very disappointed, so I went to the YSL counter and the nice MUA artist applied it on my lips. The first problem was to find the right colour as the range has either very pale beige-fleshy or bright bold colours. She first applied 08 Fetish Pink. On my pigmented lips it looked blue-pink, too pale and artificial. Then she tried 09 Mauve and this was better but somehow it didn’t brighten up my face, more the opposite. Everything else was too pale or too garish. The consistency was not of help either. Sometimes even when I wear a colour that not quite suits me, after melting with my lips it can look flattering. But not this one. This doesn’t melt. It has an extremely creamy consistency that lays on your lips and stays there, living an own life. It “sticks” to the skin but doesn’t sink in it, like a balm or a gloss would do. It has more the dull, gummy feeling of a long lasting lipstick with the difference that it is not long lasting. The time to go home and I had only some colour flakes on my dry lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this lipstick but I don't love it. It's a nice colour when it's on my very pigmented lips, not at all barbie pink on me. I think it's a lipstick I'll wear more during the summer. The smell is also off putting as it has a very strong watermelon flavour. It doesnt't last very long at all on my lips at all, at most I can expect to reapply it very hour and then it starts to build up on my lips. Not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by UmmMaymoonah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this color is nice in the packaging but for my NC30 olive skin with strong yellow undertones, it jut seems to clash with my skin. The feeling on my lips is soooooo thin, yet too pigmented. I like moisturizing liptsticks and this isnt that type of moisturizing that i like. I do love the packaging but for the price there are much nicer lipsticks and colors out there. I dont think I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, such beautiful packaging. Second of all this lipstick is a really pretty vivid barbie pink. I like the color however, the staying power is horrible on me. I like the colour that first goes on but then it fades into a fuschia stain on my lips. It's also not very hydrating, which is fine. The scent is like a watermelon scent which is nice. Probably won't be buying any of these lipsticks again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

when i first applied this on my lips, i thought it was a little too much for my skin tone. i've learned to just dab the lipstick onto my lips to give me that perfect touch of hot pink that i can wear on a day to day basis! i love the formula of this lipstick. very smooth and the colour stays on for a long time. the packaging is so pretty too! the first time i bought this lipstick, i tried it on twice and then i lost it! it was worth replacing though.