July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Moisturizers - Johnson & Johnson - 24 hour facial moisturiser

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by kanz

Well I used to use Johnsons Baby milk cream for my face.. Bt when my mom bought this product for me, I fell in love with it.. its non-sticky nd if used in small amount in summer, it feels light.. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mother caught me staring at her vast collection of facial moisturisers in pots and tubes and offered this one to me (the balancing moisturiser with essential minerals). After one application, I think I know why she so eagerly let me have it lol!
The fragrance is inoffensive to me. The consistency of the cream is quite luxurious too.
My issue is with they way it feels on my freshly cleansed face.
It sinks into the skin at the speed of light. Ideal, right?
After a few seconds, I touched my face and my skin felt like rubber. My fingertips had that rubbery texture too. It was awful. I had to sprint to the bathroom to wash it off. That's how disconcerting the feeling was.
I can't imagine attempting to apply any sort of foundation or make-up over this moisturiser. It would be absolutely calamitous lol! I can't give a decent account as to its moisturising properties - I couldn't tolerate the cream on my face for more than 30 seconds!
Well, I'll be passing this onto my brother. Perhaps he can make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by courtneyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I brought the dry skin one and absolutely love it! Wasn't expecting too much for the price but it is definitely as good as others I have tried such a decleor. Love the packaging and the smell too, will definitely be repurchasing :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Nirosaki

[Update] Yeah, this is VERY BAD for sensitive/broken skin. It has such strong fragrance and it stings my face.

I probably haven't given this cream a fair test, but overall I dislike it.
-----------
I use the normal & combination skin - balancing, with minerals one, and it actually leaves a film on my face as it tries to make itself into 'an excellant base for make-up.' Maybe I don't allow it to try entirely, but it does roll-up rather annoyingly. I also think it stung my face a little.
I'll try this again tonight and see if it's one of those 'hate it until finding it in my cupboard after forgetting about it and then loving it for some strange reason!'
----------

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by TinkyBlink

For the price, this is really good, and I will be rebuying.
I like the consistency and it goes on lovely and feels light and refreshing, its a really good base for make up
The effects arent brilliant, but it costs 4 so I wasnt expecting mircales, but it exceeded my expectations...Only one complaint, I did get a few spots, and one big one, a few days after I started using this, but no more have come up and the others are healing quickly so it could be because of something else to be fair, so I wont stop using because I think it was just a tiny teething problem if anything at all...

Would recommend this because for the price im impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

i've actually rebought this moisturizer, i really like it. it's a sort of gel consistency as opposed to a cream, a little goes a long way and it's a really good moisturizer as a base. i use the one for dry/sensitive skin and it feels incredibly soothing on tight or dry skin, providing almost instant relief. it's SO cheap, and i pick it up from sainsburys. another thing i like is that it comes in a glass pot. some people might not like it as they may not feel it's hygenic dipping in your fingers, but i like how nice and weighty the pot is, it keeps the foundation fairly cool and glass is a lot easier to recycle :) i think i shall keep on buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by danai

Let me start by saying I had the same experience as the previous reviewer; bought this not expecting too much since it's the cheapest moisturizer I ever owned (about 6), but it exceeded my expectations by far; I've had moisturizers three times the price that were nowhere near as good. Therefore I give it all five lippies with great pleasure.
This comes in some variations for different skin types; I'm a little confused with the one I got, because on the container I read "specially designed for oily and combination skin" in greek, and "combination skin" (only), in english.
Now on to the actual product. Whether this is designed for oily skin or not, it fits my (rather oily) skin perfectly. It has a very light, fluffy, a bit gel-like consistency. It glides on the skin smoothly, feels refreshing and sinks right in leaving no shine or greasiness behind, which is t h e number one thing I expect my moisturizer to do. If I look shiny or greasy when I've just applied it, it is simply not to get anywhere near my face again. This does not at all disappoint, plus it keeps shine away for a while. Furthermore, though it doesn't magically clear out my ever existing imperfections, it does make my skin look smoother, plus it never caused me to get one extra pimple. For a light moisturizer, it also does a decent job actually moisturising; my skin feels nice and soft.
Only downside is that it's packaged in a jar so I get it under my nails all the time, but that's not really a dealbreaker to me.
To sum things up, this is a product that is more than reasonably priced but not at all cheaply made. It won't give you miracles but it does what it promises. Unless your skin is severely problematic, I say give it a try. I'm very pleased and will most probably keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by muffinphonic

I got this for a bargain price of 3 (GBP) in a discount drugstore as my current moisturiser is more suited to warmer months as my skin gets pretty dry in autumn/winter due to central heating. I wasn't expecting much for the price but it exceeded my expectations!

First of all it does keep my face moisturised for most of the day. I mean, its not perfect (it'd be better if it had a bit of sun protection) but it more or less does what it says on the box for a brilliant price. Secondly it's a good base for make up and is absorbed into the skin very quickly and it remains that soft more or less all day.

Totally reccommended and would certainly buy again.

~*~
EDIT - 14th April 09 - I've been using this moisteriser all through winter and have had no major problems with dry skin!

I always have a cold in the winter (and hayfever in the summer) so i still got a bit of a dry nose, but that was expected due to the constant wiping. However, i managed to remedy this by rubbing Palmer's Cocoa Butter into problem areas around my nose twice a day as well as using the moisteriser and my skin has been great!

Due to this quick and painless routine, i have had no painful cracking of the skin anywhere on my face :)