January 29, 2015 | 1439 users online

Shampoo - Trader Joe's - Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! It feels so good almost like someone is massaging your head and shoulders. The smell is calming. My hair always feels so clean. Very affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

About a week ago I had some kind of allergic reaction to something (possibly food-related) and my scalp itched terribly as in it felt like I could not scratch it enough. That pretty much sucked but the worst part of all was when I woke up about two days into the itchiness and my scalp was swollen with hives (I also had an itchy welt on my right palm)...guhhh, not pleasant at all. I called the doctor and they basically said since I was still breathing to take some Benadryl and call back if it got worse. In the meantime I wanted some relief for my terribly uncomfortable scalp so I purchased this shampoo after I was lured by its natural ingredients and its claims to soothe. Well, after one use my scalp felt clean and cool and totally rejuvenated and most of the itch disappeared. I've now used it three times along with my regular conditioner and it seems to be a miracle shampoo. Not only is my scalp feeling great, my hair is soft and shiny and is not longer coming out a tangled mess after the shower. I really can't speak to its effectiveness in treating dandruff or other scalp conditions but I expect it would work great for all of the above and frankly I'm scared to stop using it. I'm so happy I found this. It's the best shampoo I've ever used in my life :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by julesptl7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! it makes my hair so soft without weighing it down. It also doesn't have drying ingredients in it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good! I usually get a bit of a flaky scalp immediately after shampooing (I only shampoo every 3 days or so), but very clear scalp after first use, and my hair feels really nice, not dry. I didn't use the matching conditioner, though, but Aveeno's sulfate-free stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

It is difficult to find a shampoo under ten bucks that is free of parabens and sulfates. Read the back, there are some great ingredients in here. I didn't think it was that special until I took it with me to the sauna. The heat really helps the natural oils penetrate the scalp and strands. I lather while in the shower and sit in the sauna for about 5 minutes.

Another reviewer mentioned that it's not something you would use everyday and now I only use this when I visit the sauna or steam room.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

An okay affordable shampoo that really does get the scalp super clean. I use a lot of hair products so I like having a good shampoo that gets my scalp really clean. Since this is a clarifying product I would not use it more than twice a month. It lathers extremely well and can make my 4c hair very tangled so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by domin007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I have psiraosis and my scalp can get very itchy if it's too dry or too oily. I've been using this shampoo for over a month now and my scalp has never loved a shampoo more. It smells like toothpaste and I'd recommend mixing a bit with water since it's very thick and doesn't lather up too much. The "tingle" part scared me since I remember using dandruff shampoos that would make the top of my back feel cold for the duration of my shower but it's nice and subtle. I was also worried that since Tea Tree oil is used more for the oily-skinned/scalped people in the world that it would be drying but it's been quite moisturizing for me. In fact, you need to occassionally use a cleansing shampoo or else it'll get too oily. For me, this shampoo makes my scalp feel less itchy and it seems to flake less. I only shampoo my hair twice a week so keep that in mind.

Still, this is a great budget buy for those of us with itchy scalps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Tentatively giving this a 4 rating and a "yes" for repurchase. This shampoo is a bargain for what it is. It has a nice tingly effect on the scalp, but since it contains peppermint it can be drying so I only use this once or twice a week. After shampooing, my hair feels a little dry, but the matching conditioner does a decent job of detangling. This isn't the best shampoo I've used, but I like that it's sulfate free and not overly fragranced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hair feels a bit dry after using the shampoo+conditioner duo but seems to be helping my seborrheic dermatitis a bit, or at least not making it worse. Smells minty and nice, very cheap and affordable at $3-$4. I like it. Giovanni tea tree products made my scalp worse and this doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shampoo! I'm a curly girl so I only shampoo once a week (I co-wash twice a week). I wanted to go (mostly) sulfate free and this only has gentle sulfates so it was a compromise. The tea tree oil is great for my dry scalp and I love how my hair smells after I wash and condition with the Tea Tree Tingle set. I always deep condition when I shampoo (mixed chicks deep conditioner) and then I get my scalp with the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and rinse it out to the rest of my hair. This fights flakes and itch, overall it's love.