Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

3.9

Ingredients (* is Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Rosemary Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile, *Clary, *Lavender, *Coltsfoot Leaf, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Coconut Derivatives (C12-14 Olefin Sulfonate), Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethlglcinate, Sea Salt, Grapefruit Seed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favorite shampoo! My hair is shoulder length, with red highlights and lots of textured layers. My hair is mostly straight, but gets a slight wave to it as it gets longer. My texture is baby fine, but I have a ton of hair! It is very healthy, but can get a little bit dry and tangles very easily. My scalp is my biggest issue. I don't know if I have Eczema or Psoriasis, or just plain dandruff, but I have flakey scalp issues. This shampoo and matching conditioner keep my scalp happy! I suds it up in my hands and then massage it really good on my scalp and then throughout the rest of my hair. It rinses easily and leaves my hair/scalp super clean. I use a little TJ's vitamin E oil occasionally if my hair feels dry/frizzy and it works magic too!

Horrible, drying shampoo

Yikes, I DID NOT like this shampoo. The ingredients and price are great, but I would still never repurchase. I have a bit below shoulder length hair and tend to have a somewhat oily scalp and dry ends. I have a lot of trouble with dandruff so I thought this product would be great due to the tea tree oil. When I went to wash my hair, it was like I couldn't disburse it through my hair, it just sat on top and matted everything down. No matter now much I scrubbed I couldn't feel any oil being removed from my hair. I still washed and used the conditioner (which has almost the same ingredients, I found it to be very drying and not moisturizing) and then blow-dried my hair. My hair felt very waxy and my scalp was freaking out, it woke my dandruff up more than ever. Really terrible results. I would like to add that I have very hard water and I think if this product were to work, you would need soft water. But if you have hard, I would reconsider purchasing this! I was hoping it would be the answer to my complicated scalp but I guess I will keep looking :(

my favorite shampoo at the moment. I've currently got 3 bottles stocked up. at first, I was unsure of the tingling aspect because it kind of seemed to burn my skin but I quickly got used to it. I love tea tree oil and the smell of it as well as pepperminty-mentholated stuff so if you don't like that, it's probably not a good match for you. it has decreased my dandruff and my hair is less greasy than it used to be.

EDIT on 10/7/2015: I found out that it was actually the hard water in my apartment that was causing this shampoo to build up on my scalp. Once I moved to a place with softer water, this shampoo worked just fine! My hair and scalp were healthy and normal again! Now I love using this shampoo. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've been using this shampoo for about a year now. For reference, my hair is shoulder length, straight, fine and thin, uncolored/untreated, oily roots and slightly dry ends.

Pros: Cheap! Lathers well for a SLS free shampoo. Smells fantastic and gets my hair clean but does not strip too much moisture. I don't have to use a conditioner with this shampoo, and my hair is still smooth enough when dry that it doesn't tangle too badly.

Cons: With continued use over time, it caused significant build-up on my scalp. No matter how often I washed or how hard I scrubbed my roots, I always had a persistent yellowish, waxy/oily sort of build-up on my scalp.

I really wanted to keep loving & using this shampoo but unfortunately it hasn't worked out for me.

I am really enjoying this shampoo + conditioner combo. It thoroughly cleans my scalp and hair, which is great considering my hair tends to get pretty oily rather quickly. It doesn't leave my hair stripped and dry, and does a great job of taking care of dandruff. The shampoo bottle is huge as well. I can tell this is going to last a long time. Another great side affect of this shampoo is the almost pepperminty type tingle and coolness I get from the shampoo when washing, feels amazing, and seems to really calm down any irritation I might be having with my scalp. Very pleased and will continue to purchase if I ever manage to make it through the bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo feels so good on the scalp during a hot shower. It makes your scalp tingle and I love that feeling after a long and sweaty run. It doesn't dry my hair out like previous reviewers have mentioned. Instead it makes my hair feel pretty silky and my scalp feel normal. I suffer from oily hair/scalp and occasionally I get flakes. It's sulfate free and supposedly "better" for you and also CHEAP! $4 a bottle :)

The only downside to this shampoo, is it feels kinda watered down. I guess I can't expect it to be better as there are no sulfates, etc.

Overall, I love this product and I will continue to purchase it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was the most drying shampoo that Iíve ever used in my entire life. It caused my long, curly and fine hair to tangle and become straw-like in texture. Afterwards, I used an extremely moisturizing conditioner (left on for 30 minutes) to try to repair the damage; it didnít work.

I'm very upset, since it caused hair breakage. The lack of sulfates was the reason why I decided to buy/use this product.

Donít buy this product, if you love having beautiful hair!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Recently my Nizoral AD has been making my head itch, so I decided to try this shampoo for my dandruff instead. And I'm super glad I made the switch!
I love Trader Joe's products, and this is no different. With previous shampoos I've only been able to go 3 days without washing my hair. But now I can wash my hair and use this every 4 days. It smells really good and fresh. It has a medium lather and really cleans my hair. There's a light tingle sensation that is pleasant, nothing uncomfortable. Rinses out easily. It is a bit drying, but I use a mix of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner and Nourish Conditioner afterwards. The price is only $3.99, which is decent.
Overall, I really like this shampoo. It's a good price and good quality ingredients.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this shampoo! It feels so good almost like someone is massaging your head and shoulders. The smell is calming. My hair always feels so clean. Very affordable!

Top Rated Trader Joe's Products