October 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Shampoo - Trader Joe's - Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by julesptl7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! it makes my hair so soft without weighing it down. It also doesn't have drying ingredients in it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good! I usually get a bit of a flaky scalp immediately after shampooing (I only shampoo every 3 days or so), but very clear scalp after first use, and my hair feels really nice, not dry. I didn't use the matching conditioner, though, but Aveeno's sulfate-free stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

It is difficult to find a shampoo under ten bucks that is free of parabens and sulfates. Read the back, there are some great ingredients in here. I didn't think it was that special until I took it with me to the sauna. The heat really helps the natural oils penetrate the scalp and strands. I lather while in the shower and sit in the sauna for about 5 minutes.

Another reviewer mentioned that it's not something you would use everyday and now I only use this when I visit the sauna or steam room.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

An okay affordable shampoo that really does get the scalp super clean. I use a lot of hair products so I like having a good shampoo that gets my scalp really clean. Since this is a clarifying product I would not use it more than twice a month. It lathers extremely well and can make my 4c hair very tangled so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by domin007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I have psiraosis and my scalp can get very itchy if it's too dry or too oily. I've been using this shampoo for over a month now and my scalp has never loved a shampoo more. It smells like toothpaste and I'd recommend mixing a bit with water since it's very thick and doesn't lather up too much. The "tingle" part scared me since I remember using dandruff shampoos that would make the top of my back feel cold for the duration of my shower but it's nice and subtle. I was also worried that since Tea Tree oil is used more for the oily-skinned/scalped people in the world that it would be drying but it's been quite moisturizing for me. In fact, you need to occassionally use a cleansing shampoo or else it'll get too oily. For me, this shampoo makes my scalp feel less itchy and it seems to flake less. I only shampoo my hair twice a week so keep that in mind.

Still, this is a great budget buy for those of us with itchy scalps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Tentatively giving this a 4 rating and a "yes" for repurchase. This shampoo is a bargain for what it is. It has a nice tingly effect on the scalp, but since it contains peppermint it can be drying so I only use this once or twice a week. After shampooing, my hair feels a little dry, but the matching conditioner does a decent job of detangling. This isn't the best shampoo I've used, but I like that it's sulfate free and not overly fragranced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hair feels a bit dry after using the shampoo+conditioner duo but seems to be helping my seborrheic dermatitis a bit, or at least not making it worse. Smells minty and nice, very cheap and affordable at $3-$4. I like it. Giovanni tea tree products made my scalp worse and this doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shampoo! I'm a curly girl so I only shampoo once a week (I co-wash twice a week). I wanted to go (mostly) sulfate free and this only has gentle sulfates so it was a compromise. The tea tree oil is great for my dry scalp and I love how my hair smells after I wash and condition with the Tea Tree Tingle set. I always deep condition when I shampoo (mixed chicks deep conditioner) and then I get my scalp with the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and rinse it out to the rest of my hair. This fights flakes and itch, overall it's love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by JumpingJellyBean

I've always had the curiosity of purchasing this particular shampoo, but was afraid to try it because of the tea tree oil for fear of it being too drying for my hair type. Only recently I've been having a problem with the Nexxus shampoo and conditioner I've been using for a little over a year that apparently has been gradually building up on my hair. I was waking up to crunchy pieces of hair and feeling as if my hair felt duller and heavier than usual. A quick stop at Target solved the problem by picking up the old reliable Neutrogena shampoo that takes out all the nasty build up that hair products leave behind. So once I was squeaky clean again starting from scratch I went back to my Nexxus thinking that I could just maintain the build up with the once a week wash with the Neutrogena, but my hair immediately felt gummy and heavy. So in desperation I picked up a bottle of TJ's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo on a whim while doing my grocery shopping. A quick scan on MakeupAlley showed high reviews and another woman also mentioned that she uses this shampoo to get rid of nasty build up as well, so that quickly sold me on it.

Well to make a long story short, I followed what the other reviewer said by applying a little baking soda with the shampoo at my roots for the first wash then just washing it with just the shampoo the rest of the time and it has really helped my hair. I haven't tried the conditioner that goes with it, but right now I'm afraid to add anything else to the mix until I figure out what works best for my hair type. So right now this is all that I use, no conditioner, and I'm liking how my hair has been looking and feeling these days. No silky luxurious locks or anything, but just happy to feel squeaky clean again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Saw this raved about on youtube so I thought I'd give it a shot. I actually like the tingly feeling on my scalp when I massage this in, and smell isn't too bad. But I feel like this is a normal shampoo -- nothing special. I don't see any differences in my hair from using it. But I do like it.