April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Shampoo - Trader Joe's - Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tentatively giving this a 4 rating and a "yes" for repurchase. This shampoo is a bargain for what it is. It has a nice tingly effect on the scalp, but since it contains peppermint it can be drying so I only use this once or twice a week. After shampooing, my hair feels a little dry, but the matching conditioner does a decent job of detangling. This isn't the best shampoo I've used, but I like that it's sulfate free and not overly fragranced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hair feels a bit dry after using the shampoo+conditioner duo but seems to be helping my seborrheic dermatitis a bit, or at least not making it worse. Smells minty and nice, very cheap and affordable at $3-$4. I like it. Giovanni tea tree products made my scalp worse and this doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shampoo! I'm a curly girl so I only shampoo once a week (I co-wash twice a week). I wanted to go (mostly) sulfate free and this only has gentle sulfates so it was a compromise. The tea tree oil is great for my dry scalp and I love how my hair smells after I wash and condition with the Tea Tree Tingle set. I always deep condition when I shampoo (mixed chicks deep conditioner) and then I get my scalp with the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and rinse it out to the rest of my hair. This fights flakes and itch, overall it's love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by JumpingJellyBean

I've always had the curiosity of purchasing this particular shampoo, but was afraid to try it because of the tea tree oil for fear of it being too drying for my hair type. Only recently I've been having a problem with the Nexxus shampoo and conditioner I've been using for a little over a year that apparently has been gradually building up on my hair. I was waking up to crunchy pieces of hair and feeling as if my hair felt duller and heavier than usual. A quick stop at Target solved the problem by picking up the old reliable Neutrogena shampoo that takes out all the nasty build up that hair products leave behind. So once I was squeaky clean again starting from scratch I went back to my Nexxus thinking that I could just maintain the build up with the once a week wash with the Neutrogena, but my hair immediately felt gummy and heavy. So in desperation I picked up a bottle of TJ's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo on a whim while doing my grocery shopping. A quick scan on MakeupAlley showed high reviews and another woman also mentioned that she uses this shampoo to get rid of nasty build up as well, so that quickly sold me on it.

Well to make a long story short, I followed what the other reviewer said by applying a little baking soda with the shampoo at my roots for the first wash then just washing it with just the shampoo the rest of the time and it has really helped my hair. I haven't tried the conditioner that goes with it, but right now I'm afraid to add anything else to the mix until I figure out what works best for my hair type. So right now this is all that I use, no conditioner, and I'm liking how my hair has been looking and feeling these days. No silky luxurious locks or anything, but just happy to feel squeaky clean again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Saw this raved about on youtube so I thought I'd give it a shot. I actually like the tingly feeling on my scalp when I massage this in, and smell isn't too bad. But I feel like this is a normal shampoo -- nothing special. I don't see any differences in my hair from using it. But I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. Nothing special! Good, average shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by MAIERANNE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, curly, colored hair and this shampoo was a train wreck. It dried it out horrible and felt/looked like straw after a couple weeks. My stylist even noticed my hair texture from past trims and asked if I had changed any products lately.
Rest of family didn't like it either. DH complained he had to use so much to lather and felt like he needed to wash twice. It may be priced right but didn't work for us.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Happpyarrogance

I purchased this shampoo to try as a cheaper alternative to Giovanni's Tea Tree minty shampoo. The shampoo alone worked just fine the smell isn't too strong big bottle for a 3 bucks. The price was great! But I use the Giovanni because my scalp is very oily and that shampoo really helps with that so for that purpose it did not really help much. If you want just a good shampoo it's very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by angeliee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This shampoo is my go-to shampoo for the summer. My hair gets oily during the summer and I needed something refreshing that would help my hair get less oily fast. This shampoo worked wonders and the ingredients are natural so it helps my hair grow healthier. Also I have bad breakouts and since shampoos get all over your face I am always worried about getting worse breakouts but with this shampoo I never have to worry because the ingredients are botanicals. The smell is minty and refreshing and makes my hair less oily. Also it tingles in my hair which I Lo Lo Love!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Overall - very disappointed. I have medium length, non-color-treated hair that's trimmed regularly. I purchased this because it was cheap, had no sulfates and was supposed to be good for dandruff. This thing dried my hair out so bad! It looks like it's been dyed a million times on the ends. It makes my hair super frizzy and the conditioner does nothing to help it. It doesn't make my head tingle, doesn't rid me of dandruff... it's no better than the $1.00 Suave Naturals crap from Target. I wouldn't buy it again. I don't dye my hair because I want it to be healthy. This crap ruined it.