Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

3.9

Ingredients (* is Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Rosemary Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile, *Clary, *Lavender, *Coltsfoot Leaf, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Coconut Derivatives (C12-14 Olefin Sulfonate), Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethlglcinate, Sea Salt, Grapefruit Seed.

on 3/6/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo feels so good on the scalp during a hot shower. It makes your scalp tingle and I love that feeling after a long and sweaty run. It doesn't dry my hair out like previous reviewers have mentioned. Instead it makes my hair feel pretty silky and my scalp feel normal. I suffer from oily hair/scalp and occasionally I get flakes. It's sulfate free and supposedly "better" for you and also CHEAP! $4 a bottle :)

The only downside to this shampoo, is it feels kinda watered down. I guess I can't expect it to be better as there are no sulfates, etc.

Overall, I love this product and I will continue to purchase it.

on 3/2/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was the most drying shampoo that Iíve ever used in my entire life. It caused my long, curly and fine hair to tangle and become straw-like in texture. Afterwards, I used an extremely moisturizing conditioner (left on for 30 minutes) to try to repair the damage; it didnít work.

I'm very upset, since it caused hair breakage. The lack of sulfates was the reason why I decided to buy/use this product.

Donít buy this product, if you love having beautiful hair!

on 2/21/2015 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Recently my Nizoral AD has been making my head itch, so I decided to try this shampoo for my dandruff instead. And I'm super glad I made the switch!
I love Trader Joe's products, and this is no different. With previous shampoos I've only been able to go 3 days without washing my hair. But now I can wash my hair and use this every 4 days. It smells really good and fresh. It has a medium lather and really cleans my hair. There's a light tingle sensation that is pleasant, nothing uncomfortable. Rinses out easily. It is a bit drying, but I use a mix of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner and Nourish Conditioner afterwards. The price is only $3.99, which is decent.
Overall, I really like this shampoo. It's a good price and good quality ingredients.

on 1/25/2015 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this shampoo! It feels so good almost like someone is massaging your head and shoulders. The smell is calming. My hair always feels so clean. Very affordable!

About a week ago I had some kind of allergic reaction to something (possibly food-related) and my scalp itched terribly as in it felt like I could not scratch it enough. That pretty much sucked but the worst part of all was when I woke up about two days into the itchiness and my scalp was swollen with hives (I also had an itchy welt on my right palm)...guhhh, not pleasant at all. I called the doctor and they basically said since I was still breathing to take some Benadryl and call back if it got worse. In the meantime I wanted some relief for my terribly uncomfortable scalp so I purchased this shampoo after I was lured by its natural ingredients and its claims to soothe. Well, after one use my scalp felt clean and cool and totally rejuvenated and most of the itch disappeared. I've now used it three times along with my regular conditioner and it seems to be a miracle shampoo. Not only is my scalp feeling great, my hair is soft and shiny and is not longer coming out a tangled mess after the shower. I really can't speak to its effectiveness in treating dandruff or other scalp conditions but I expect it would work great for all of the above and frankly I'm scared to stop using it. I'm so happy I found this. It's the best shampoo I've ever used in my life :)

on 9/22/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! it makes my hair so soft without weighing it down. It also doesn't have drying ingredients in it

on 9/16/2014 9:32:00 PM

So far so good! I usually get a bit of a flaky scalp immediately after shampooing (I only shampoo every 3 days or so), but very clear scalp after first use, and my hair feels really nice, not dry. I didn't use the matching conditioner, though, but Aveeno's sulfate-free stuff.

It is difficult to find a shampoo under ten bucks that is free of parabens and sulfates. Read the back, there are some great ingredients in here. I didn't think it was that special until I took it with me to the sauna. The heat really helps the natural oils penetrate the scalp and strands. I lather while in the shower and sit in the sauna for about 5 minutes.

Another reviewer mentioned that it's not something you would use everyday and now I only use this when I visit the sauna or steam room.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

An okay affordable shampoo that really does get the scalp super clean. I use a lot of hair products so I like having a good shampoo that gets my scalp really clean. Since this is a clarifying product I would not use it more than twice a month. It lathers extremely well and can make my 4c hair very tangled so I will not repurchase.

on 4/18/2014 8:53:00 PM

So, I have psiraosis and my scalp can get very itchy if it's too dry or too oily. I've been using this shampoo for over a month now and my scalp has never loved a shampoo more. It smells like toothpaste and I'd recommend mixing a bit with water since it's very thick and doesn't lather up too much. The "tingle" part scared me since I remember using dandruff shampoos that would make the top of my back feel cold for the duration of my shower but it's nice and subtle. I was also worried that since Tea Tree oil is used more for the oily-skinned/scalped people in the world that it would be drying but it's been quite moisturizing for me. In fact, you need to occassionally use a cleansing shampoo or else it'll get too oily. For me, this shampoo makes my scalp feel less itchy and it seems to flake less. I only shampoo my hair twice a week so keep that in mind.

Still, this is a great budget buy for those of us with itchy scalps.

Popular Shampoos