December 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Mascara - Mary Quant - Action Lashings Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TallGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara that can hold the curl on my soft, wimpy Asian lashes. Usually I'd struggle with the curler, rip off a precious lash or two, and right after I apply any kind of mascara (maybelline, fiberwig, mylash, clinique...) my lashes just go "blah." This funky little metal stick not only holds the curl, it DOES NOT BUDGE, ever. Heck, I can even take a shower and not have to worry about panda eyes ;) I will try using it on my lower lashes, too. Haven't had much luck with that since most applicators have long bristles so everything ends up on my lower lid :( Since you only have a metal rod to work with, it's easy to get all clumpy, so a seperate lash comb might be a good idea. And you kinda have to ROLL the wand UP your lashes (at leasts that's what the MA told me, I kinda do it, but still depend on the lash comb)

Definitely wanna try this is different colors. I tested a few colors at the counter and the color really shows. Normally the so-called "colored" mascaras require a light color base for the color to show on black Asian lashes. With Lashings the colors just pop. I don't have much of a problem with removing, I use Loreal gentel eye make-up remover or DHC cleansing oil and everything slides off quite easily. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 2:18:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

I got this while i was in HK. I really like the packaging and the price is not bad. I've been looking for color mascara, and found this one the best so far. The color really shows, and very volumn. I'm regreting now that i didnt buy more since I couldnt get it in Canada. However, it's a bit difficult to remove, so make sure you have a good eye makeup remover before you purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by nigirisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are no bristles, only a thin metal rod with fine indentation lines. The packaging is adorable! Results are so so depending on your skills of application. I do think however that it works wonders for lower lashes. Staying power is excellent, but of course removal is a bitch. Since I discovered RMK's cleansing oil this is no longer a problem. Every mascara fiend should at least try this once.