L'Oreal Pro Manicure Nail Polish How Romantic

3.2

Overall this is a great milky pink for a chic cream look.

It can be streaky. I tend to paint my nails with thick layers, though, and that seemed to stop it from streaking. I used opi top coat as a base and top, and needed only two coats of this polish for great color payoff. I used a hairdryer on cool in between coats for twenty seconds, and it dried fairly quickly. Most other sheer creams that I've tried take 3-5 layers for color payoff, which makes drying time a nightmare. I'm glad that's not the case with this polish.

on 1/17/2013 9:42:00 PM

streaky as all hell. ugh i hate it!!!

on 1/3/2013 12:42:00 AM

Super streaky, not worth buying. I put on four coats and can still see tons of streaks.

on 12/23/2012 4:31:00 PM

Love this polish--the perfect YNBB color. I use a base coat of Nailtiques 2 Plus, let it completely dry, then 1 coat of this, let it completely dry, then a top coat of Nailtiques 2 Plus. Lasts the entire week. No streaking.

I really like this color but it is super streaky. I have tried reapplying this color about 3 times in a row and I cannot get it to look good because of the streaks.

on 1/25/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful!! My life's mission is to find the perfect pink-nude that does not streak or pool up on my nails and this is NOT it. I bought this because of the great reviews but I am highly disappointed. This is the same thing as Essie Ballet Slippers in my opinion. Too sheer and very streaky. I don't have 10 hours to paint 20 coats with an hour drying time in between.

on 10/20/2010 11:20:00 PM

I LOVE this polish. It is my absolute favorite nail color: I have three backup bottles! I wish I could give it ten stars!!

For me, it's the perfect lilac/pink, that is almost the exact color of my nailbed. I keep my nails trimmed pretty short, and put a few coats of this on every week. It's not nearly as pale/opaque as the ballerina pink nails you see everywhere. I think it subtler, prettier, and more natural. I *adore* it.

And I can usually find it on sale. I think most of the bottles I have were less than $2.00!

LOVE IT!

on 7/14/2010 5:50:00 AM

i got this a while back and didn't get a chance to try it out. i love sheer colour because i work in the medical field, having funky nail polish on is not ideal. it's a nice baby pink colour, looks best after two coats although one coat looks good too like the OP mentioned. one of my favs so far!

on 11/8/2008 8:56:00 PM

This is L'Oreal's Pro Manicure Polish in How Romantic. Love the nice, wide brush which makes application quick and easy. No streaking or smearing. How Romantic is a sheer pink; one coat is YNBB (Your Nails But Better) and gives a healthy pinkish glow. Two coats is still sheer but of course the pink is more noticeable. This is a sophisticated, subtle, low-key pink rather than a screaming Barbie doll pink. I enjoy one coat of this because I like a very natural look unless I am deliberately going for something wilder. This is a good product and I will repurchase. I have another color and the formula seems uniformly nice. See my review under this same product in the color Party Hop.