April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine in Burgundy Frost (412A)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Two coats to opaque for me, fast drying, and an amazing holiday-worthy purple-red-gold shine. Despite the name not too frosty. The brush isn't great, but the price mitigates that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by petjj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just put it on & looks awesome! Nice coverage with one coat even.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quiet surprised by this polish! Perfect color for the holiday season, not too frosty...decent brush, not streaky, and chipped on day 3! Keep in mind I always apply a base, two coats of polish, top coat and Sech Vite. For the price I'm not complaining!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

Lovely burgundy shimmer (not frosty). Needed three coats for opaque. Started to chip the next day, with Poshe as a topcoat. Not nice after all that work applying it. The brush was ok. Update, one year later: tried with new basecoat + Seche, and no chipping now. One more lippie, and would buy again. Two coats for opaque.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Burgundy Frost is an absolutely beautiful color standing by itself. I happened upon this in a CVS while checking out the Wet n Wild rack and picked up a bottle for 74 cents. Couldn't beat that price! My manicures chip whether I use OPI or a cheaper polish, thus the 4 lippie rating. I used 3 coats to achieve a beautiful deep burgundy with gold flecks. I used a gold crackle on top when it started chipping to keep the manicure a few days longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by beckymonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous slightly metallic burgundy color at a can't beat price ($1.99 at Duane Reade!). Looks nice if you're in a pinch and in need of a sophisticated looking color before a dinner or event. However, it doesn't last beyond 2 days, even with a top coat. Speaking of top coats, it kind of "melts" under it, as it smudged very easily after I applied it and forced me to redo half my nails over, which has never happened when I applied my top coat over OPI and Essie. Well, you get what you pay for. Like I said, it's handy in a pinch; so keep it around at the office just in case you need to cover up gnarly nails before happy hour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish caught my eye while I was browsing in CVS. It's such a pretty classy color and I just had to get it. The color payoff is excellent! One coat would be enough if you wanted a lighter red and two coats will give you a deep burgundy color. I just painted my nails so I will update on the lasting power.

UPDATE: 1/15/2012
I am sad to say that I have to lower my rating. :( I find that this polish has begun to chip off my nails already only after a day! This is really disappointing because it's such a pretty color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty, dark red, with a slight golden undertone. I just put 3 coats of it on my nails, and it looks real nice! What I love about this nail polish is it's formula. It's not a thick consistency, and it dries super quick! Overall, real nice polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm currently wearing this polish alone, but think it would look even better with black crackle nail polish as a top coat. I imagine these lovely little shiny burgundy veins running over my nails. On its own, the color is classic and polished, but it definitely isn't unique. The applicator brush, as other reviewers have mentioned, is thin and stiff, which makes getting full coverage without staining the skin impossible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Have to agree with the review of trisheee below. This is another great little gem from WnW! This is a classic burgundy with shimmer. While the base color is cool, the shimmer is more golden and warm. The shimmer lends great sparkle with no actual glitter nor sparkles whatsoever, nor is it frosty. This just looks so pretty on and yes, its an eye catcher too. I love it especially in fall and winter, festive but not flashy. I like the consistency, no streaks, wears very well on me, I like WnW brushes too, not too narrow encouraging streaks, nor so wide that there is a lot of clean up after. This is an incredible value for 99 cents (U.S). Another cheap thrill that doesn't look it.