August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Lips - Stila - Pomegranate Crush Lip and Cheek Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color but I don't find this to be long lasting on my lips. One click gets barely any product out but two clicks and I get globs more than I need. I know the click style is still as signature but I don't like it. I've never used it on my cheeks but I might give that a try as I find the color very flattering on my skin tone. I probably won't repurchase as it only lasts for as long as a normal gloss; an hour tops.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love berry-coloured lip stains. I do not have full lips, and lipstick tends to make them appear thinner, not to mention I've always just found them a bit fussy to really get into. Stain makes darker shades achievable without any liner, but I also find they make my lips appear fuller for some reason.
This particular stain is a great berry shade. It's very flattering, and has a good consistency - not so runny that it ends up outside of your lips, but easily blended. The colour is buildable. The lasting power is up there with the best of any stain I've tried.
On to the cons: I know the twist-up tube is sort of Stila's signature, but I find it really annoying. One click will get you no product at all, two clicks and you have more than you need. I would be willing to put up with that if it weren't so expensive. You do not get a lot of product in the stupid tube.
At the end of the day, the product itself is great, but this is not something I will be running out to replace. There are cheaper stains out there, and I'd sooner experiment with new ones than fork out a bundle for this every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stain. I think it's very overpriced for the amount that you get, but I have yet to find one that I like better. I do use benetint, as well, but this one is so much thicker, it makes it so much easier to work with as you don't have to work as fast. I feel it is much less streaky as well. It looks beautiful on both lips and cheeks, but I feel it works much better on cheeks. On the lips it does need to be reapplied about as often as you would a regular lipstick. On cheeks it stays put all day and imparts the most natural look. I find that I am rarely using powder blushes as stains look so much more natural and last so much longer. I love it and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the product inside the packaging. It's non-drying and lasts a good long time, and doesn't fade patchy. If there's a way to possibly repot it, I will do so, because the packaging is atrocious.
The cap locks on so tightly that you have to grip it like King Kong to pry it open, which results in jerky motions and product getting all over your hands. The twist idea is fine for a thicker product, but this is far too liquidy, causing the stain to leak out through the brush if not stored upright, which means portability is severely lacking unless you have a small pocket in your purse that is deep enough to keep it standing on end. The leakiness results in a major waste of product, which for the price is completely unacceptable.
I'd repurchase in the event that I can repot it because overall, I love the product, but for the price, this should-be-perfect item leaves a lot to be desired.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by justcait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT lip tint. I've tried so many of them, and lots of them either leave your lips feeling unnaturally sticky, or are freakish colours. Pomegranate Crush gives a fantastic 'my lips but better' colour, and it's really easy to apply - it doesn't dry too quickly so you can get the colour evenly applied, it layers if you want more colour and it doesn't dry out my (very very dry) lips. It lasts for quite a long time as well - not all day, and lip balm / eating will remove it, but it certainly lasts longer than any lipstick I've ever tried and compares well with other lip tints for staying power.

The packaging, I admit, is a bit fiddly but not bad enough to turn me off the product - there isn't an instant dispense after you turn the end to bring more tint into the brush so you need to work out how to get a constant flow into the brush - basically if you turn it a couple of times every time you use it, there is always some near the end of the brush and you get a consistent flow of product. If you turn it too much you get a massive gloop into the brush, if you don't turn it every time you get a gap in the flow and then you have to create a gloop to get it flowing again. But once you figure it out it's not that hard to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only used this as a lip stain and although I love the color it gives my lips it doesn't last on. I'm giving it a 2 and I think I'm being generous since it last less than an hour on me. I have yet to try it as a cheek stain but I don't know about this color on my cheeks. The packing is a cool idea nothing new but still cool however it can be messy and annoying to try and get product to the brush. Bottom line cool idea, nice color, not long lasting, won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Hazylillies

I LOVE this product. The staying power is AMAZING, in fact I couldn't remove it even after cleaning it with makeup remover twice lol. I look better in cooler colours, and this colour was so "cool" it made my lips look almost purple, not orange. Very nice both as a stain and blush. However, the packaging is a 0 OUT OF 5, sucks, took me 15 mins of careful twisting to get it out, as I tried the store's tester and it gushed out after I twisted it too fast. It takes VERY long to get out of the brush, such a stupid let down for the price, but I am LOVING the product itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

I really like this lip stain! The pigmentation is very good and it smells divine! I've been trying to find a lip gloss/lipstick/lip stain that would stay on my lips at least an hour without having to reapply and this lasts for so long! It doesn't smudge or stain the glass when I drink. It lasts even after dinner! The longest that it has stayed on was about 4 hours which is a miracle for me! I don't even need to prime my lips for this. Will definitely repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

not sure about a 3 or a 4 for this product. one thing is that i adore the color, gives an absolutely beautiful blood red flush to your lips. sort of like you've made out with your boyfriend for too long, except better haha. point is that it's an oddly natural looking red. coming from me, this is kind of a big deal because i have pretty huge lips that can look ridiculous with red color. anyhow, i think ladies with full lips who are not into bright red stoplight red will be cool with the natural flush this gives.

on the cheeks it can be garish if not blended in quickly, but the staying power is strong, so i'll give it a 4 for that. on the other hand, on the lips it can wear off quite quickly (for which i'd give it a 3.)

the packaging is crap, by the way. if i find some way to get this product to dispense as it should, i'll be thrilled. as of now i can take the tip off the pen and just grab some to put on my fingers. i'm assuming this is because i bought it as part of a gift package from beautycrush. i'm curious about the other stila crush colors now, but given my experience w/ this crap pen i can't safely say i'd buy it again.

on the other hand, SUCH A REALISTIC FLUSH on my skin and lips. i adore this aspect of it, because as much as we like "natural" looks they can wind up looking very unnatural. this stuff basically looks like i came in from the cold or running or some such thing that brought life into my cheeks/lips.

very similar to the discontinued orchid convertible color which i also got as part of a beautycrush package. [:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Such a gorgeous color, but has the crappiest staying power on my lips ever! It moves to the edges of my top lip. but ends up looking all splotchy on my bottom lip. I.E, it just looks funny. I'll use this up as a cheek stain, but I'm not buying this again.