April 19, 2014 | 1653 users online

Foundations - Boots - No.7 Protect and Perfect Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a foundation junkie, but time and again, I go back to this one. It's become my holy grail. I would describe my skin as highly sensitive and mature. My skin feels not only hydrated with this foundation, but down right pampered with the Protect and Perfect serum in it. I am 44 and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten compliments on my skin and asked what I'm using. I have been told that I look under 30, easy. I owe that to genetics and the Protect & Perfect products from No 7.

Calico is a great match for my NC15-20 skin. I would say that the finish is dewey and fresh, with a coverage that is medium and easily buildable, without ever looking caked on. This foundation never settles into pores or the little lines I'm trying to cover. It never changes color on me. A touch of powder on the T-zone and you're good. I have had to touch up the T-zone by the end of the day as well. Not a bother to me, really. Not when it's perfect in every other way. Oh and priced at under $15, often on sale ($11.99 this week!) and always in stock at my nearest Target? Yes, Holy Grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Rudegirl79

I really like this product & switched after using Lancôme for years. Brilliant colour match, great cover & lasts all day, great price too. Good packaging too- smart but not too fussy & easy to dispense. Only complaint is feels a little powdery. Would definitely buy again 😃

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. Living in the desert, the SPF that it has, is a plus. I like how smooth and light it goes on with medium coverage. It literally feels like I have nothing on, yet covers nicely. It's got to be one of the best I have ever tried. The shade I chose, Cool Ivory, in spite of ordering it on line, was perfect too. The price? I only paid $11.99 through Drugstore.com.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation ..it's very light with kinda dewy finish...it works well as my everyday foundation...a little bit of concealer and some powder to set it ..what i really like about it that it has SPF ,antioxidants and peptides coz i REALLY like "foundations with skin care benefits" that can make my skin look beautiful now and also help my skin to have a more youthful future if you know what i mean

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my second foundation I've tried since my skin is very oily and sensitive it's prone to getting break outs. It broke me out most of time and it was quite drying and heavy for my face.
It was a okay product while it lasts, but won't buy it again.

The price and packaging are not so good. The bottle is bulky and heavy so, it's not something you want to carry with you. The price is quite over the limit for a product that doesn't really do much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Oh I was so disappointed with this foundation. Firstly the colour selection was horrendous. I got the lightest shade in it but it was still far too dark! I know it is meant to have a dewy finish but I looked nicely slicked up in it. I love the Protect and Perfect Serum so I was disappointed when the foundation didn't work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by niff524

This balls up with my moisturiser and can look slightly cakey! I also suspect it might have been the culprit of a breakout... I love the No. 7 line but this is really qutie disappointing...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by heswittenberg

Love this foundation. Have been using it for a while now...a couple of years.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by milou

According to the hype, No7 Protect & Perfect Foundation is 'flawless and perfect, contains light-diffusing beads which soften the appearance of lines and blemishes, immediately beautifying skin as it is applied'.and the formula includes their 'unique antioxidant complex, lipo-peptides and SPF15'.
As quite like the Protect and Perfect moisturisers, I decided to give this foundation a try. At 15.00 it did not seem too expensive. When I tried it in the shop it felt very light and I do like a light foundation. It comes in a 30ml pump dispenser, so it is quite hygienic, too. There's 7 shades and I bought the New Ivory, which is ok for my pale olive, south-european skin.
I am not sold on it. It is more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation and although I deslike heavy foundations this is just too light. I haven't noticed the light-diffusing beads, in fact I think this stuff is a bit on the chalky side. I think it may be a different story on younger skins (meaning under 25s). On the plus side, even if it does not keep your skin younger as they say, it certainly does not block your pores and and it is probably ok for sensitive skins (mine is quite sensitive).
Not enough to make me rush to Boots to buy some more in case they run out of it....I don't think that it is going to be a best seller.