July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Foundations - Boots - No.7 Protect and Perfect Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally finished my Dior Forever Flawless compact foundation only to discover that Dior no longer makes the refill for this beautiful compact. I could not justify spending over $50 on another compact. After reading mostly fair to good reviews, I purchased the Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect foundation in Cool Vanilla and have been using for a week. So far so good! It's very liquidy and must be shaken thoroughly prior to applying. Use care when pumping as too much product will come out. I apply with fingers but a foundation brush is great to even out. It covers well and leaves a soft matte finish. I follow with Boots Botanicals Blush in Coral (really its a cool pink) and that too has beautiful coverage (much better than some high ends like Mercier). I use a complementary shade of the Boots moisture lipstick (another Boots product that's just as good or better than Dior or Mercier lipsticks). I'm liking the Boots mascara too.

I'm a strong believer in "you get what you pay for," but this no longer applies to high end cosmetics, which has become a huge racket. I think many of these higer end brands sell their products based on marketing and palette displays and not on actual quality. I am convinced there are less expensive products that perform just as well or better.

Update July 16: The Boots liquid is a decent foundation but slightly drying. There was ashen oxidation and the foundation did emphasize the dry patches on my chin. No breakouts, but I reverted back to my Dior Forever Flawless powder foundation which is easier to use and better for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by binkygirl2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works very well for me. It goes on light and provides pretty decent coverage for how liquidy it is. It comes in a pump bottle which I also like.

I will say the first time I tried this, I was disappointed. It didn't seem to cover well and I felt the color was really off. The next day and every day thereafter - it's been great. Maybe I didn't shake the bottle well enough the first time? But I like the way my skin looks with this foundation, especially in combination with Maybelline's instant age rewind eraser/dark spot concealer. It leaves a nice soft finish and it's one of the only foundations I've ever tried that doesn't settle into the fine lines around my eyes and make them look even worse. I think the diffisuing beads work well for me because I really feel like my skin looks younger today than it did a couple of years ago. Will definitely continue to use, especially since it's so cheap!

BTW, I will be 47 in a couple months and have light, uneven skin with larger pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by troo12

FINALLY!!!! This foundation matches my skin perfectly. I break-out incredibly easy and get oily, but my skin can look flaky with the wrong foundation. But this one is perfect. It makes me look dewy but not shiny. I even use it under my eyes instead of concealer. It's perfect! And one bottle lasts me at least 6 months! I use my fingers to put it on my skin and a face brush to buff it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a foundation junkie, but time and again, I go back to this one. It's become my holy grail. I would describe my skin as highly sensitive and mature. My skin feels not only hydrated with this foundation, but down right pampered with the Protect and Perfect serum in it. I am 44 and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten compliments on my skin and asked what I'm using. I have been told that I look under 30, easy. I owe that to genetics and the Protect & Perfect products from No 7.

Calico is a great match for my NC15-20 skin. I would say that the finish is dewey and fresh, with a coverage that is medium and easily buildable, without ever looking caked on. This foundation never settles into pores or the little lines I'm trying to cover. It never changes color on me. A touch of powder on the T-zone and you're good. I have had to touch up the T-zone by the end of the day as well. Not a bother to me, really. Not when it's perfect in every other way. Oh and priced at under $15, often on sale ($11.99 this week!) and always in stock at my nearest Target? Yes, Holy Grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Rudegirl79

I really like this product & switched after using Lancôme for years. Brilliant colour match, great cover & lasts all day, great price too. Good packaging too- smart but not too fussy & easy to dispense. Only complaint is feels a little powdery. Would definitely buy again 😃

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. Living in the desert, the SPF that it has, is a plus. I like how smooth and light it goes on with medium coverage. It literally feels like I have nothing on, yet covers nicely. It's got to be one of the best I have ever tried. The shade I chose, Cool Ivory, in spite of ordering it on line, was perfect too. The price? I only paid $11.99 through Drugstore.com.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation ..it's very light with kinda dewy finish...it works well as my everyday foundation...a little bit of concealer and some powder to set it ..what i really like about it that it has SPF ,antioxidants and peptides coz i REALLY like "foundations with skin care benefits" that can make my skin look beautiful now and also help my skin to have a more youthful future if you know what i mean

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my second foundation I've tried since my skin is very oily and sensitive it's prone to getting break outs. It broke me out most of time and it was quite drying and heavy for my face.
It was a okay product while it lasts, but won't buy it again.

The price and packaging are not so good. The bottle is bulky and heavy so, it's not something you want to carry with you. The price is quite over the limit for a product that doesn't really do much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Oh I was so disappointed with this foundation. Firstly the colour selection was horrendous. I got the lightest shade in it but it was still far too dark! I know it is meant to have a dewy finish but I looked nicely slicked up in it. I love the Protect and Perfect Serum so I was disappointed when the foundation didn't work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by niff524

This balls up with my moisturiser and can look slightly cakey! I also suspect it might have been the culprit of a breakout... I love the No. 7 line but this is really qutie disappointing...