August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Pure Blends Lip Gloss - All Shades

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Possibly the worst lip gloss I've ever tried!
I feel terrible saying this, since Almay has the best intentions with their all-natural makeup line, but this is a truly terrible product. Unfortunately, I haven't had good experiences with any of Almay's Pure Blends line, and this just adds to the list.
I bought the one in Peony- a nude-peachy color that looked pretty nice in the tube. However, there is absolutely zero color payoff. Well, at first, when I tried to squeeze some out, some oily substance came out first. It came on perfectly clear, and had absolutely none of the color that I saw in the tube. Not even buildable at all.
What really got me was the smell and the taste of this gloss. It smelled like industrial plastic and had the absolute worst taste I could imagine. It tasted almost like thick, sour plastic, and left the most awful aftertaste that I could not get rid of. There is absolutely no way that I could tolerate that.
The only thing I did like was the texture- it was not sticky at all and very shiny, but that did not atone for anything that this lipgloss did (or didn't do, I guess). The packaging is also very pretty.
I bought this for $5, and it was a huge waste of money. I threw it away immediately; this gloss is not worth it AT ALL. Would never recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this at Big Lots for $1, and thought I would try it. I purchased it in nude and also in petal. I did notice that it appeared to be separating at the end of the tube. There is a slight fragrance in the petal (have not tried nude). It actually tastes a bit like citrus. I don't mind it at all. It will be great for being out on the golf course, or skiing, anywhere windy. It's really emollient and doesn't wear off easily. Overall, I really like it and it was a great price for an Almay product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got sucked into buying this because it is 95.8% natural and paraben-free and it was on clearance. I like the light peach/nude color and I like the thick, moisturizing consistency of the gloss. But the smell and taste is really bad.... like burning rubber. When it's on my lips, that taste is in my mouth. I liked where Almay was going with this lipgloss, but I just can't get over the smell. I usually don't have a problem with a slight play-doh taste in lipsticks. Unfortunately, it was on clearance with a "no-return" sticker on it. I try to use it now and then to see if I can stand it. It's a shame because the color looks nice on my pale lips and it is a more moisturizing lipgloss than others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is much worse than the $1 lip glosses at my local dollar store. "95.8% natural with acai" etc... blah blah blah. It's still sticky and tacky and smells bad. This is why I don't give a rat's ass about "natural" products. All that hype is BS. Physician's Formula natural products stink too, now that I think of it. I'll take the synthetic stuff that smells nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Cspettersen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Disgusting. I picked this up at the Dollar Tree today.....thought it would be nice to get a natural product. Wrong! The consistency is like spreading cooking oil on your lips and the smell is nasty. Had to trash it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cupcakelove24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seen this lip gloss in Walgreen's and wanted it so bad because I loved the peachy/nude color. However, the product sucked! It separated creating a oily liquid and smelled like plastic. I never even used it. Waste of $$$!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

Yuck, yuck, yuck. PPs have it exactly right: smells *AWFUL* (rotting plastic/play-doh is about right), gross texture, bad look..

I picked this up in Grocery Outlet (a discount store) for something like $1.80, and I paid 1.79 too much, seriously. I wanted a nude gloss, since I've been trying to branch out into the nude lip/smokey eye combo more, but it really turned me off from the look for awhile, which is unfortunate, because I know that, when done right, it's absolutely gorgeous.

The staying power is actually okay with this, which is unfortunate.. this is the one that I would want to wear off more quickly than any other LG in my collection, if only because it's so awful.

I'm going to give it to my little sister, who's an actress, to wear onstage when she's in productions playing obnoxious women. Seriously. This is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AWFUL! Created and manufactured by Satan. This is awful, awful, awful. The gloss seperates into an oily, watery mess. Not to mention the smell is horrid. I am desperately searching for my receipt so that I can return the one that I hadn't opened yet. I wish I hadn't bought two. I wish that I would have never laid eyes on this disaster.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

I think I bought this lipgloss at Dollar Tree. I believe the color was Peony, a peach colored gloss, but when I put it on it just came out/applied clear. This smelled and tasted like plastic. I've never thrown out a gloss after using it only once, but this one had to go. I couldn't stand the taste and smell, and immediately wiped it off my lips. Luckily, this only cost me a dollar so I didn't feel that bad about tossing it after one use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Aries13

the colors looked beautiful (I got two, but the name isn't on the packaging) but the smell is horrendous! you can't even use it because you don't want ur lips to smell like funk! threw away after about a week of use :/