September 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Cleansers - L'Oreal - Skin Genesis Deep Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LauraKC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the smell of this product and the exfoliating beeds. It's like a mud masks. However, it doesn't work for acne prone skin, it makes it worse. Would be great if you don't have acne cause it cleanses nicely and keeps your skin fresh looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by islandgirlmb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It might work well for some people, but for me it turned my already oily skin into a complete oil slick. After just a few days of use, my make-up would end up sliding off my face after only a few hours. While I will admit that my skin may have looked a bit brighter, I was starting to get little pimples where I don't usually get them. I am also not willing to live with a slimy, sticky face.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by dkirk02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was hard for me to find, but I finally found it at Ulta. I decided to try it because I have HUGE pores and have always had issues with blackheads in my T-Zone. I read that this cleanser works really well for that exact issue. For the first 2 weeks, I thought it was working great. What I didn't realize was that it was not deep cleaning my pores at all. After 4 weeks of using this, I'm starting to notice that my pores are REALLY congested. Even pores up high on my cheeks where I don't usually get black heads. As well, my skin is really starting to get rough, I assume due to the twice daily exfoliating from this product, which is probably way too much for anyone's face!
I also find that it really doesn't foam or lather at all, making it much more of a cream cleanser than a foaming one.
Throw another one on the bone pile. :(
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by resco

I was not impressed with this cleanser. The cleanser lathers well on the face, but its texture is too creamy and thick for my taste. Also, the product has tiny beads for exfoliating benefits. This immediately turned me off the product, as it is not good to exfoliate the face every day. Exfoliating too frequently can be harsh on the skin. So, I do not approve this product as an everyday cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by genny1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Possibly one of the worst cleansers I've used. My skin is dry though, so this might be why - choosing the wrong cleanser for my skin type. I'm sick of the smell, and I hate to throw it away, but I just can't use it anymore. It did absolutely nothing for my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this cleanser it smelled great, clean well and loved the micro-beads, unfortunately I continued to have my monthly breakouts. I have recently found something that did work for me (Nadinola Cleansing Skin Cream) it just wasn't this product.

With facial care ranging person to person it's nice that you can get this product at your local grocery or drugstore to try it out. Both places have it on sale a few times a year and there is always a coupon in the Sunday paper. I would recommend this product, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love!!
Best cleanser I have ever used (and like many women, I've tried my share....$ and $$$)

I have a combination skin, and sensitive. I scrub one or two times a week depending on the season. I don't have acne anymore.
This cleanser is GREAT. Removes all the makeup, leave the skin smooth, pores are invisible after 3 uses, skin is glowing.

Will never never change. Please l'Oreal do not stop making those or I'll go to France and bang on the factory's door.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by starbabybull

I'm suprised to see that there are only 7 reviews for this product, but not surprised at the high rating! I waited until I was on my third tube of this awesome cleanser to review it - I wanted to be sure I liked it. And I really like it! I wanted something "creamy" for the winter months, but my break-out prone skin generally needs something "foamy" to feel clean, and I sometimes find that the cream cleasers leave a residue feeling on my skin. This is the perfect combination of foamy and creamy - plus the added bonus of a little exfoliation! The fragrance is light - I hardly notice it. Just a little dime-sized dab will spread out nicely over your face, gently rub it in, and enjoy the creamy foaminess. As others have said, if you are washing over the sink, you may have to rinse an extra time or so to get it all off (the clay in this cleanser can cling!) but it does rinse completely off and I don't mind an extra splash or two of water. In the shower it doesn't matter. Sometimes I swipe a cotton ball with toner on after I wash my face, and there is never any make-up on the cotton ball - this stuff gets everything off! I have been using this since last November, every day - morning and night - and I've it didn't cause breakouts, my skin is calm, clear, and happy. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight if I don't moisturize right away, which I think is a good sign - especially in these harsh winter months! I will use this year-round. I have stashed a few back up tubes of this in case it's discontinued - I hope not! Try this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product months ago and and discontinued using it. Now I can't wait to go back to this cleanser. When I was using it, I noticed that my skin was much brighter, and smoother. I was afraid of having breakouts but thank God that this product didn't aggrivate my skin. It really cleaned my pores and did not dry out my face. I will go back to this product, as soon as I finish my St. Ives Aricot cleanser (which I also love).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jem2562

Smells great and I loved it after i used it the first time. My pores appeared smaller and my skin was super smooth! but by day 2 of using it, I started breaking out with 3 big painful zits along my chin area... I have somewhat acne prone skin but with gentle enough cleansers, i have clear skin. So unfortunately, this was not a good match for my skin.