November 27, 2014 | 1535 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Mexican Cocoa Spray Perfume

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff smells nice when you first spray. Spicy warm chocolate type scent. The dry down is not that great. To me it just turns into a loud cola smell. I gave it to my fiancÚ. He likes it when he layers it with his sweeter colognes. Idk. It's ok....nothing special. I'm done with Pacifica, everything has been a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a spicy warm scent that has very good lasting power compared to the other pacifica scents that i own. I like it a lot and enjoy wearing it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by meganhowdy

this is a unique and soft scent. I think it would be great on the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by killercupcake

I love this fragrance! It is made with essential oils and organic alcohol. It is important to me that I keep synthetic fragrances AWAY! Some of of the main notes in the fragrance are cinnamon and clove. I used to smoke clove cigarettes during my rebel, so this is a very nostalgic scent.

I love how unique this fragrance is. I also love that the smell of the alcohol is not very present. So many commercial perfumes reek of alcohol!

If you are searching for a warm, spicy, and completely feminine signature scent, then look no further!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I'll give my usual speech when reviewing fragrances: I don't believe that I should review this product based on fragrance- I think scent is a personal preference and wouldn't recommend/not recommend a product due to scent.

That being said, I don't particularly love this fragrance. It's quite spicy at first but I think it dries down into a nicer chocolate-y scent; for those who like a warm and spicy scent, as another reviewer said, this will be good for you. c: I generally spray it into my hair after showering and would recommend it for wearing in the fall. As for staying power, I'd say a few hours as long as you apply correctly, as with most Pacifica fragrances.

As usual, I feel inclined to give Pacifica a great review, and will give this some leeway considering it's not my go-to fragrance- I know it very well could work for others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

I you enjoy spicy/warm scents, then I'd say there is a good chance that you will like this one. I was fully expecting a foody and sickly-sweet chocolate scent when I spritzed this on, and was pleasantly surprised when this was not the case. It is not sugary, there is a nice warmness that dominates through, and the chocolate almost fades completely into the background. I find it really comforting and lovely, but it is difficult to describe unless you smell it yourself. What has always kept me away from most chocolate scents is the tendency for these types of scents to smell almost "dusty", but this does not happen with this perfume.
So why the comparatively low rating? The lasting power of all the Pacifica sprays I have tried is all of half an hour, which is devastating to no end. I understand that natural perfumes will not have the lasting power of traditional ones with all of their stabilizers, but these fade into oblivion on me almost upon the first spritz. Maybe I'll try a layering approach, but I'm not ready to give up on this yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

I love pretty much all of the Pacifica fragrances I have and this is no exception. Its delish! Now, I will say that I detect very little 'cocoa' and get more almond and cinnamon but it's still really yummy and wearable. I even put it on before bed and love to smell it as I fall asleep. Love Pacifica! Great product, great scent, great company.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand the negative reviews for this at all! I LOVE this scent. I have the spray perfume, I tested the solid in Whole Foods and couldn't smell it on me at all, so I went with the spray. I actually tested the spray about a year ago and couldn't stop thinking about it, and finally got my own bottle. There is something so unique about this scent--I have truly never smelled another perfume like this, ever. It's sweet and spicy, perfect for a Southern California winter day or evening--it's exactly the cozy scent I want when there is a chilly wind blowing and the fog is rolling in, also perfect for days and nights in the mountains and snow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work for me... i was so excited when i finally got it. then i smelled it... the good news is that it does last for quite a while... the bad news is i dont like the smell! to me it is straight up rootbeer. a very strong cinamon blast opens the scent, then it goes to rootbeer. oh well. ya win some ya loose some! this one will most def be going up for swap!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im sorry in advance for what I am about to say...There is no nice way to put it, this fragrance may be the most offensive smell I have ever experiences, next to maybe low tide or rotten food that you didnt realize was in the back of the office refrigerator for 3 weeks. And I dont mean bad in that I simply thought it was too "sugary" or too "flowery" I mean this is a scrubber - and I have only felt that way about 1 other perfume in my entire life. Perhaps its the clove and cinnamon that lingered too long on my skin, but I usually go for foody, gourmand scents (hence why I sprayed it in the first place). Something in my chemistry ate up all the cocoa goodness and left the nasty on my skin. Pleaaassseee try this on before buying as it smells nice from the bottle and wore very differently on my skin.

For reference, frags I enjoy include: lolita lempicka, BBW vanilla sugar, coco mlle, just cavalli, gucci rush, VS coconut