Redken Iron Silk 07 ultra straightening spray

3.2

Alcohol denat., Aqua/water, VP/VA copolymer, Potassium dimethicone peg-7 panthenyl phosphate, Polyurethane-6, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Parfum/fragrance, Methyl gluceth-20, Lysine hydrochloride/lysine HCL, Benzyl salicylate, Hexyl cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Silk amino acids, Sodium citrate

on 1/25/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product at a discounted price ($6.00) from a professional salon supply store (I'm a cosmetologist) because I was in need of a new heat protectant spray since I ran out of my all time favourite TRESemme heat tamer spray - and a lot of my hairstylist friends were telling me that TRESemme isn't good for your hair and that if I buy professional brand heat protectants, it would be better for my hair because the ingredients are a lot better as compared to drugstore products... SO NOT TRUE.

All of the professional heat protectant sprays always either dry my hair out, or make my hair look really bad like Rusk, Sebastian, and Ion from Sally's Beauty Supply.

After giving this product a try, I will NEVER go back to using any professional heat protectant products ever again. This is why I will always use TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray, and never anything else from now on. I've been using TREsemme for over 6 years, and will never stop using it no matter what.

The reason as to why I hate this product so much is that it dried out my hair, and made it gross and sticky and disgusting after using it 2-3 times. I never thought Redken would make such a crap product like this! It definitely is the worst thing ever. The fact that its got alcohol is terrible. The spray nozzle is also terrible too! It spits rather than giving a good mist.

I can only recommend this product for use SPARINGLY, like if you're going clubbing, or night out, or going out to some place for a long period of time where you need your hairstyle to stay the same all day/night since it does have alcohol in it like hair spray, and will hold your style even when it's humid out. Other than that, DO NOT use this every day if you want to get it.

on 8/28/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! Another awesome product Redken never fails! I have the new one they made the scent a little less harsh smelling and more floral which is nice. This leaves no heavy greasy feel just dry and clean and protected! Ive been using this for years its my go to and basically all i trust when it comes to heat sprays for weekly use. It works great! deff worth the money

on 6/13/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I am like in love with this product ! It leaves my hair looking healthy and i love the smell too it ! Its lasted me over a year for the one bottle so i would say the 16 dollars i spent on it is well worth it ! And i was reading other reviews and it just proves the everybody is different because some people this product work for and others it didn't i was well satisfied with this product and if i can find it again i will be purchasing it again .

on 3/25/2014 2:48:00 PM

I'm surprised that this product got such low reviews. I recently started using this and i have frizzy, curly hair that is extremely hard to control when its straight. I use this on damp hair make sure i get the roots and then comb it out and set it with a blow dryer and a round barrel brush. I then straighten the hair going over each strand about 4-5 times. It leaves my hair extremely soft and I'm in love with it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this as a straightening spray. I use it for when my roots begin to grow in while I am still some time away from getting my brazilian keratin treatments. It does make the hair blow dry straight, and doesn't add extra weight or oil to the hair. Great product.

on 12/27/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was definitely a waste of my money.. I wish I would of known it contained alcohol.. it dried my hair out HORRIBLY and left it dull and sticky.

on 12/26/2012 1:09:00 AM

Not good for your hair ONE bit! This is not made for anyone who wants to fully straighten their hair. I can't believe they would come out with something this horrible that alcohol in it to use with heat. Please don't get this. I had to re wash my hair and everything plus it stinks. Not worth it.

on 11/14/2012 7:28:00 AM

Worst product I ever bought. It made my hair sticky, dull and hard to comb through. It was the first time that the problem was not only that the product was not working, but it was actually causing harm!

on 10/2/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Well, I was told that this product was great so thought I would give it a try. I didn't read the reviews prior to buying it because many products I feel you have to try out for yourself. I have yet to find one product that absolutely everyone loves. Anyways, I wanted this product to work for me because I love the smell of it and I was in the market for a new heat protectant. This Iron Silk on my hair is just the worst thing I can do to it. The first time and every time I tried it, it left my hair feeling very heavy, waxy looking and hard. Before I even applied this to my hair, my hair felt way better...it was soft, bouncy and healthy looking. When I applied this, it was BAD...it did all the things I described above and I just felt like I had 10 pounds of hair on my head, it was so heavy. Now the sticky part of it, well I mean it is a hair product so that didn't bother me, what bothered me was the product performance. I thought I would give it a chance and used it a few more times, applied less, then I applied more, I let it dry more this time, etc...Did different things to see if that would make a difference....it didn't. This product is just horrible for my hair, I will never buy this product again. I will just have to keep looking for a heat protectant or go back to Tresemme's heat protectant which didn't do what Iron Silk did to my hair. Horrible, horrible stuff!

on 7/24/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Sooo I got my hair dyed on friday and this hair stylist used some products on me. She sprayed this on my hair, and not sure if it was this or the other AG product, but for once in my life time... my hair was perfect. I mean dead straight perfect. NO frizz at all. Just came out of the salon, no frizz the next day either.

Oh my hair is on the oily side too, people complain this stuff dries your hair. if anything, it just made my hair feel like it was not oily. It was wierd. I am prettty sure I gotta hand it down to this iron silk. I use hair products all the time but t never came across something like this. Ever since I washed my hair out and do not have the stuff in.. my hair doesn't feel as good. I might just go buy it.

Popular Styling Products