April 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Iron Silk 07 ultra straightening spray

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lafabbiie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised that this product got such low reviews. I recently started using this and i have frizzy, curly hair that is extremely hard to control when its straight. I use this on damp hair make sure i get the roots and then comb it out and set it with a blow dryer and a round barrel brush. I then straighten the hair going over each strand about 4-5 times. It leaves my hair extremely soft and I'm in love with it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I really like this as a straightening spray. I use it for when my roots begin to grow in while I am still some time away from getting my brazilian keratin treatments. It does make the hair blow dry straight, and doesn't add extra weight or oil to the hair. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RiahD

This was definitely a waste of my money.. I wish I would of known it contained alcohol.. it dried my hair out HORRIBLY and left it dull and sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by HollieBaby

Not good for your hair ONE bit! This is not made for anyone who wants to fully straighten their hair. I can't believe they would come out with something this horrible that alcohol in it to use with heat. Please don't get this. I had to re wash my hair and everything plus it stinks. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by pizzadora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst product I ever bought. It made my hair sticky, dull and hard to comb through. It was the first time that the problem was not only that the product was not working, but it was actually causing harm!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was told that this product was great so thought I would give it a try. I didn't read the reviews prior to buying it because many products I feel you have to try out for yourself. I have yet to find one product that absolutely everyone loves. Anyways, I wanted this product to work for me because I love the smell of it and I was in the market for a new heat protectant. This Iron Silk on my hair is just the worst thing I can do to it. The first time and every time I tried it, it left my hair feeling very heavy, waxy looking and hard. Before I even applied this to my hair, my hair felt way better...it was soft, bouncy and healthy looking. When I applied this, it was BAD...it did all the things I described above and I just felt like I had 10 pounds of hair on my head, it was so heavy. Now the sticky part of it, well I mean it is a hair product so that didn't bother me, what bothered me was the product performance. I thought I would give it a chance and used it a few more times, applied less, then I applied more, I let it dry more this time, etc...Did different things to see if that would make a difference....it didn't. This product is just horrible for my hair, I will never buy this product again. I will just have to keep looking for a heat protectant or go back to Tresemme's heat protectant which didn't do what Iron Silk did to my hair. Horrible, horrible stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CrackberryFan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sooo I got my hair dyed on friday and this hair stylist used some products on me. She sprayed this on my hair, and not sure if it was this or the other AG product, but for once in my life time... my hair was perfect. I mean dead straight perfect. NO frizz at all. Just came out of the salon, no frizz the next day either.

Oh my hair is on the oily side too, people complain this stuff dries your hair. if anything, it just made my hair feel like it was not oily. It was wierd. I am prettty sure I gotta hand it down to this iron silk. I use hair products all the time but t never came across something like this. Ever since I washed my hair out and do not have the stuff in.. my hair doesn't feel as good. I might just go buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

Like other people have stated in their reviews of this product, the second ingredient in this product is Alcohol. Obviously if you are buying this product for the purpose of lessening the negative effects of flat ironing your hair, why would you spray alot of alcohol all over your hair. Many hair spray also list Alcohol as their first or second ingredient, but it is kind of a given that Hair Sprays are going to subtly damage your hair, and with hair spray you only need 1 or 2 sprays to do thee job. But on the other hand, when using a flat iron spray correctly you will need many sprays especially if you have course curly hair, were you have run your flat iron through multiple times in order to straighten dense curly hair. I think it is terrible that most flat iron sprays ( both drug store and expensive salon) have alcohol as their first or second ingredient list. Once I purchased this product and realized what I was doing to my hair i was outraged. I searched for a salon quality product ( flat iron spray )that did not list Alcohol as one of their top ingredient. Finally i found one, Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray. This product is much better for my hair in the long run and it doesn't feel sticky when I spray it over my head. FYI the sticky feeling comes from the large amount of Alcohol in the product ... think about Hair Spray, so if you have damaged hair from flat irons.. don't use any product with that much alcohol, you won't be preventing damage .. trust me

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by hflynn

I was in need of a new flat iron spray so I thought I would give it a try. I have never been a big fan of Redken products but the spa I work in carries them so I thought I would give it a second chance. This spray is quite sticky even without applying much at all. It also builds up on my flat iron faster than any other product I have used. I have short hair and I have to clean my iron when I am 3/4 of the way done or it will not slide through my hair. Within the first couple of uses I noticed my hair felt like straw, I have been using for awhile now hoping it would get better but it hasn't. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Alyssaunplugged

I am surprised by all the negative comments! I have very thick, coarse, stubborn hair. May I also add that I live in Florida, where the average summer day is about 92 degrees and 80% humidity. I have used many flat iron sprays/serums/aerosols, and this one is my favorite, It doesn't make my hair feel sticky or gummy like some of the other reviewers say. It leaves my hair feeling super soft! It also has helped keep it straight through the horrible humidity. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone..I mean..no product is everyone's best fit....but for my thick, coarse, color treated hair, it works wonders! I will def. be repurchasing this!