April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lip Treatments - Vaseline - rosy lips

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in conjunction with my Lush lip exfoliatant, and is the ultimate lip therapy for my dry lips. It is definitely not pigmented in the sense that you can use it as a lip stain or gloss, however it smells and looks pretty good. It is best used as an overnight remedy and for the price everyone should have one of these on their nightstand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried every lip balm/ chapstick under the drugstore sun! I don't believe in paying $$$ on designer balms @ sephora but I got to tell you I almost cracked (i had my eye on the Dior balm) because i felt like nothing was working! So back to the basics, like way back when. Vaseline man , who knew?

I cannot go to bed without applying this! Every morning I wake up with soft supple beautiful lips. My dry chapped lips are a thing of the past. I keep one in my bag and one on my nightstand. The price is so affordable I almost feel like buying one for every purse I own (just in case i forget it at home lol)
I love it. I honestly think it does wonders, and I do feel like my lips are "addicted" to it. ALSO the rose scent is amazing and there is a slight very sheer tint. It's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Floralmakeup

This lip product is so good, I love the tin as it is reasonably big but is also perfect for you makeup bag/normal bag! I take this to school with me and I love the fact it gives a bit of a rosy tint to your lips but at the same time gives a 'gloss' effect! The tin is very pretty too. I think this is moisturising for your lips and I would continue using this product as it is very good for school or on its own or even over the top of a matte lipstick to give it a nice glossy finish!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It really keeps lips pretty and conditioned and the scent is great (a soft rose but not overpowering). The slight rose tint is very flattering and natural. I love having a tin of this in a couple of places in the house in case I need it. I have and will continue to repurchase and I like this even better than the Aloe one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

This review is for the little plastic jar version.
Packaging: The jar is so small and hard to handle.
Balm: I initially thought this would be just like Vaseline which I like and use every night before bed, but it's very different. It feels thick and sticky on the lips, does not feel moisturizing. Once wears off, my lips feel painfully dry unlike using my Neutrogena lip moisturizer.
Color: Very sheer. Fine.
Scent: The best part about the lip balm, the scent is light and refreshing, very lovely!
Purchase again: No.
Recommendations: No.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product gives my lips a nice glossy finish and a rosy tint. However I do not find it to be moisturising and it doesn't help at all when my lips are chapped. Thus, I use it in lieu of a gloss, when I am going for a natural look, but I prefer other products to moisturise my lips.
Also, I don't find the packaging very hygienic as I have to use my fingers to apply the product , thought the packaging is cute and it fits well in my beauty bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Given the small price every girl should own this!i way prefer it to any other Vaseline product- it somehow just combines all the best things- and I think they struck gold with this product. It had a cleAr/slightly pinky tone to it, a really nice glossy finish (in a shiny not sticky way) a very delicate but attractive rose smell to it, and lasts forever- what more could you want!great on its own during the day or later over lip stick/pencil/stain etc for the evening. As good a lip balm as any in regards to moisturising- although I wouldn't use it on really cracked dry lips as it'd draw attention to their condition (if you see what I mean!)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is only available in the UK unfortunately, so Ive gotten it from ebay. Purchasing this way makes it about $6, which isnt terrible, but it is a tad expensive. However, a tin lasts a long time. I was intrigues to try this after reading a bloggers review. I adore rose scents, and usually use Smiths rosebud salve, see my review. I know many people dont like petroleum, but I do find it to be an excellent moisturizer. This balm is typical vaseline texture and feel, not sticky at all. It has a definite rosy tint, more so then Smiths. Sometimes i like the tint, sometimes I dont. I would prefer this in a squeeze tube ( like Smiths has) so i could use it on the go, the rosy tint would be lovely out and about. But since the tin isnt so sanitary for that way, i mainly keep it in my room and use it at night and just before heading out. But it doesnt last all day, so not being able to reply is an issue. When i use it at night, I apply generously which means i get the tint around the sides of my mouth. This will also happen if youre not careful applying it any other time. When applied correctly, it looks gorgeous and keeps the lips supple. The scent is not as strong as Smiths, personally I prefer the stronger rose scent but others may not. This one is a bit of a nutty rose scent since it has the almond oil in it. All in all, I like the balm a lot and use it from time to time, alternating with Smiths. If this came in a squeeze tube, it would be even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in Canada and this product isn't available here. That's too bad because, this lip balm is very good! I ordered mine from Ebay, and it came pretty quickly from the U.K.

The packaging could be better, I was not happy that the lip balm came unsealed. I was told that's how they all are, which is pretty weird.

The product itself is very good. It's moisturizing and the moisture lasts for quite a while. It has a slippery texture, which feels slightly oily. The scent is slightly rosy, with nutty undertones. On my lips, there is a slight shimmer but no real colour.

I also have the Rosebud Mint and C.O. Bigelow salve. Out of the three, I love the C.O. Bigelow best. I bought three tins, so it will be a lobg time before I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by morgann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm. I was given this by my boss awhile back and it lasts so long. I tend to have periods where I am using this all the time then I leave it somewhere and forget about it and then rediscover it all over again!

It's very moisturising, smells lovely and leaves a hint of pink on the lips. Pity that I haven't found anywhere in NZ that sells it so will have to try and track it down somewhere online or persuade a friend to send it to me from the UK.