October 1, 2014 | 1877 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Intensive Care Dry Skin Lotion

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

This lotion is HORRIBLE! It has alcohol in it, which caused my legs to burn really badly after applying post-shaving. And within 30 minutes, it completely dries without moisturizing the skin. i'm surprised that Vaseline would make such a terrible lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by etpapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Damn right it does what it claims to be...just a lotion and not a moisturiser.I have chronic dry skin and dermatitis, this lotion makes my skin feels soft and smells nice post application, however, does nothing for the state of moisturisation of my skin.
please do not claim it's a dry skin conditioning lotion, I am sure it's fine as a lotion for normal skin.
will choose St Ives 24Hour moisture as a light lotion anytime.

The plus side is that at least its absorbed relatively quick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this as a go to dry skin lotion for YEARS. It smells great, not greasy. CHEAP! and worth every penny.

Pros: Cheap, great every day lotion for dry legs, elbows, feet and any other parts of your skin prone to getting super dry. I've used this mainly for when I get sunburned. Chuck the bottle in the fridge slather on your sunburned skin every couple of hours. Not only does your skin end up being so soft but you don't peel and I've noticed that it heals pretty quick using this moisturiser as well.

Cons: Can't really think of any.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing the current formulation of the original yellow bottle. I need to get something out of the way before I go on. I miss the original iconic Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion texture and fragrance. There, I said it. Now on to my review. I have dry to very dry skin. I'm prone to eczema with the burning and itching sensation that seems to appear at the end of the day just before bed time. Therefore I have an arsenal of different lotions in creams. This one is a staple. It's light, absorbs fast and leaves behind a barely detectable but pleasantly soapy fragrance. It's no nonsense and always appropriate. It's what I use for overall moisturizing after just stepping out of the shower. It's perfect for maintaining skin in good condition. It never makes my skin feel suffocated like thicker creams and lotions. This is my no nonsense always appropriate utilitarian lotion. I gave it a 4 because I HATE the packaging. I prefer lotion bottles that I can untwist the cap and pull out the pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by 7954

okay the one i have is 'intensive care' water resistant, and it is increeeedible. This honestly changed my skin - I have really dry skin. I use this on my face and my body every night. I've also mixed it with foundation during the day as like - a tinted moisturizer. And it goes above and beyonnnnnd every way I use it! My skin is never flakey anymore (even all **CANADIAN** winter!) and when I mix it with my foundation it lasts amazingly, I was super surprised :/ I think it's because it's water resistant. eugh so amazing though. I was a little hesitant to put such a thick moisturizer on my face, but it's done nothing but amazing things for my face. Once this runs out I won't even consider another moisturizer to replace it! try thisssss

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by emmiF15

This is like no other mosturizer I have ever used.. I usually don't use mosturizers unless after using a skin treatment for my acne. This mosterizer is my all time favourite. I found it smoother and more mosterizing than gel moisturizers, and left my skin feeling fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, Vaseline(petroleum), is not good for your skin. Also, this takes forever to absorb, and leaves skin feeling sticky, it only helps mildly dry skin. The one good thing about it is that you don't have to reapply during the day, because the moisture lasts - but my skin doesn't normally dry out during the day either. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

this really does the opposite of what an intense hydrating lotion should. I was wary to trie this because of the petroleum but i visited a friend recentley and she had the generic version of this and I loved i coulndt find that brand at my store so i tried this one. Let me start off by saying i have extremley soft skin that is almost never dry so i never usually use lotion except like jergens for colour in the summer. however i had been sick with a cold recently, it was the middle of winter and my skin was drying out a bit. So i put it on and it is immediatley very stick not silky at all, it was hard to control like would not spread so i had to use so much. I could tell by the way it went on it wouldnt absorb well and i was very right. I swear my skin felt sticky 10 hours later. The only good thing was my skin felt pretty soft the next day once it finally absorbed but it didnt last , and i swear my skin was actually drier than usuall after my next shower

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This product is ok, itís not the best and not the worst and it really depends on the skin type. I have usually dry skin, especially my legs tend to get really dry during the cold winter and even though it is supposed to be an intensive care dry skin lotion it still doesnít do it for me and I have to use it twice a day for my skin because it absorbs the lotion immediately and is still not hydrated enough. My friend however who has normal skin finds it too thick and hard to absorb. Also donít use this product on your face because it will clog your pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(I'm reviewing the lotion in the yellow bottle)

I was regularly using this on my hands, until one weekend I was at my boyfriend's house and had forgotten my usual night moisturiser. Rather than use some awful L'Oreal product he had in the bathroom drawer, I decided to give this stuff a try. I was a bit anxious about putting it on my face (I have sensitive and allergy-prone skin), however, it did not irritate my skin at all. The next morning my skin was lovely and soft and even-toned.

The smell is a little strong, but it doesn't bother me much (after a few minutes it disappears - I don't find the scent to be nearly as cloying as other people have claimed).

This moisturiser is also nice on my neck and chest of an evening, almost as good as my Shiseido moisturiser. I can't really comment on the effects of this product after long term use, as I haven't been using it regularly on my face (just every now and then, and when I'm at my boyfriend's house), but so far it doesn't seem to have clogged my pores or caused any other problems.

A hint though - don't use too much, or else it will feel really sticky and take a long time to absorb. You don't need more than about a thumb nail sized amount for your face (a little more if you want to use it on your neck and decolletage).

A cheap, effective all purpose moisturiser. The pump pack is huge.