October 25, 2014 | 1699 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sephora - Sephora by OPI Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Andonxu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

take at least 3 hours to dry,,,,,,,never use that at pm......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Add me to the list of disappointed customers. I spent 12$ for this top coat, only to find out that it takes over 6-8 hours to dry! In the beginning I kept believing that it was my nail polishes that caused the problem, but after a week trying out several of them, I realized my error. Now I only use it if I paint my nails before 12 in the afternoon so I don't get scratches and sheet prints on them, otherwise I use a cheap one (3$ from Carrefour) that works so much better. On the plus side, when it doesn't cause smudges on my nails (never had bubbles at least like the other reviewers), it keeps the polish in place for at least 3-4 days in a row, if not more. Still, I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by chinesepandagirl

OK.. don't get me wrong, I am usually a big fan of OPI products but this is just awful. For that price, I would expect something with decent quality ,but instead, this top coat takes hours to dry and even after waiting for a few hours, I would still wake up to marks on my nails. After giving it a few tries, I exchanged it for the Nails inc top coat. I will not recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

really? all the bad reviews...mines is good...?
I had a small little bottle from one of Sephora's VIB rewards gift things. And I really liked it. So I went ahead and brought the 9$ bottle. The brush, is what really made me purchase the top coat cause I love opi's brushes and I just needed a no chip top coat. You have to be patient. You will also have to be light handed so that you don't get a gloop of polish on your nails cause it will happen. Yes, there are def def DEF other top coats that work just as well if not better. It's not the first I would recommend or repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Chalk me up to another one who purchased this without reading reviews here on trusted MA. This topcoat thoroughly SUCKS. It takes hours upon hours to dry completely (I'm talking about it remaining tacky for 5+ hours!), caused massive bubbling that gave an almost 3-D effect, and my polish was chipping within a day.
I tried to use it different ways, with very light coats and letting everything sit and dry for a while between each coat. Fail everytime, I literally spent all day doing my nails/toes with horrible results.
What a waste of $10. Sally Hansen Double-Duty is better than this, and that's not saying much. I love OPI and generally love Sephora products, but this one was so awful I'm turned off from the OPI by Sephora collection completely. I threw it in the trash after a few uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Peapodsmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, phooey. I bought this stuff without reading reviews. My bad. I reasoned that, between OPI and Sephora, this ought tone a decent product. I use Nail Life Grabber basecoat (fabulous stuff), decent polishes (lately loving Sally Hansen Comete Salon Manicure--separate reviews), and a top coat. That gives me an easy week of great-looking nails. BUT. When I switched to this topcoat, I got a week of nails with smudges and bubbles. Not my finest look. It took three full manicures for me to figure it out (OK, I'm slow), but I did. This stuff bubbles unmercifully (with a THIN coat, applied after my polish was quite dry), and it takes waaayyy too long to dry. Hours after I've done my nails and gone to bed I've gotten smudges and sheet prints. Very, very disappointing.
On the up side, it gives a nice shine to your polish and it didn't chip or show wear for me...so if you're all about long-wearing, shiny bubbles, you may have my bottle.
I would not buy this again. Going without any topcoat at all would be better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one with a neg review about this.
First I noticed my manicure did not last more then two days. I just thought maybe I used my hands more than I thought I did, but found it strange. Second manicure used over OPI polish. Again, two days later chipping and when I woke up all smudged. I had put this top coat on hours before going to sleep. I've used other topcoats and let dry in less time with no smudging. I knew I should of splurged and got the Chanel one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by iMandiixD

I got this for $9 hoping for higher quality, sadly this isn't for me. I liked how long my nails lasted it works well with my other sephora opi polishes
However it took quite a while to dry perhaps I'm just impatient,
I was okay that it didn't have a good shine with it after applying but the drying took a long time.
however i gave this three stars because my polish actually stayed for a good amount of time.
This is definitely not worth the money :/

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Sparkle Me Silver topcoat to wear over silver polish. The stuff looks fabulous int he bottle, but it turns out there are not enough silver bits to make the effect look purposeful on your nails. Some of my nails ended up with only two little pieces of confetti. Worse, in low light, instead of seeing silver confetti, you just see bumps on your nails. In other words, it looks like you have a bumpy manicure. In sunlight, the effect can be kind of cool, especially if you use a couple coats to get more of the confetti on your nails, but no one buys stuff like this to wear in the day time; they want it to look good on New Year's Eve.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by zurda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Even with drying drops, and waiting 3 hours before I went to bed, my nails still ended up with sheet marks. Awful product.