September 3, 2014 | 958 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - phytodensium

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I USED to love this shampoo. For awhile, I couldn't find it anywhere. Then, it was available again, in different packaging and it's...you guessed it...REFORMULATED. It's gone frtom awesome to meh. Used to leave my hair bouncy, now leaves my hair kind of heavy and dull. Texture of shampoo is heavy gel-like and can hardly get it out of bottle. Am now going to have to look for new shampoo brand. Other phyto products also reformulated, also not nearly as good. Just whenI was really getting into the Phyto line. Most of the reviews posted are for the pre-reformulated products...so hard to follow their recommmendations. I bought the reformulated phytodensium in 10/2013. Makes me very angry,, because phyto was so good. Phyto 7 is still good, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Not sure it is actually works with hair fall, but i like the fact that this shampoo doesnt leave residue on my hair. this shampoo is not cheap either.
i am also not a fan of the packaging because there is no pump at all. Have to pour out the shampoo carefully which i feel that it is quite a waste if you accidentally pour out too much. The consistency of the shampoo is very watery and has a slight minty feel when you apply.
Overall, i like this shampoo and might consider repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by tigriria

Hi, I haven’t had the pleasure of testing this Brand but I’ll have my first go with phytodensium as soon as my Neutral Natura Siberica runs out. Although I love Natura Siberica, I’ve heard marvelous opinions on this brand and specially this product and I need to experience it myself. For those ones who gave a poor rating to this shampoo, I’ve noticed one thing in common… you main problem is that you say it leaves your hair like a “straw”. I don’t know if you have tried silicone free shampoos (and conditioners) before which are quite hard to find as more than 90% of the shampoos available in the market have silicones in their composition, but the typical “side effect” while detoxing your hair of silicones is feeling as if your hair was lifeless or, as you have perfectly well defined, “straw” like. This will occur with ANY silicone free shampoo for a period of 2/3 months until your hair adapts itself to a hair rutine without silicones, it is just a transition period. Trust me on this, I have experience it myself and if I hadn’t been warned about this I would have probably gone back to common shampoos (I mean those with silicones). Nowadays my hair feels much more healthier, soft and strong than when I used common shampoos, I also avoid sulfates on my shampoos because it’s very irritant and makes my curls very frizzy. Hope this helps you guys.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by MoreOrLessMoralless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am amazed by the good reviews for this product....which is precisely what made me run out and buy it.
I have long, color treated hair, and I was searching for volume and body.
I used this twice, and both times, it left my hair like straw.
I used the Phyto conditioner afterwards, and it STILL took literally 15 minutes to
get out the tangles.
I have never used a worse shampoo in my life.

With that said, I may still try Phyto products, but this was a major let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Sproet

this was the first expensive hair product I ever bought and I fell in love.
Before this I only used supermarket brands like l'oreal, head & shoulders, dove... I have an oily and sensitive scalp and these products sometimes gave me eczema and itchy skin.
Phytodensium didn't. My head became healthy and my hair looked great. I think it's because Phyto doesn't use silicone/dimethicone to make your hair look smooth (like a lot of cheap shampoos)
small negatives:
In Belgium it's only available online and in a few pharmacies.
If your hair is very sweaty like after a workout in the summer, you need a lot of product of a second wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW!! This is now my HG shampoo. I have fine hair and whenever the product label said "leaves your hair soft and managable" I stayed away. Does NOT leave your hair lifeless and flat. My hair is soft, but with so much volume I can't believe it and doesn't dry out my scalp. I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by samara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I can almost cry because I have finally found a product line that works! I have just went and bought several phyto products, because I am wanting to test them all out. I have heard good things about them, but for some reason never tried phyto.
So far, I have tested phytopanama shampoo, phyto 7 leave in, phytolisse serum, and this phytodensium shampoo and phytodensium conditioning hair mask.

I used the panama for a week straight, and I got shiney clean hair everytime. no conditioner, just used phyto leave in 7 with a drop of lisse serum mixed in. I really liked it.

This week, I have used phytodensium! I love it! I love it maybe a tad more than the panama shampoo. It makes your hair shiny and clean, but does not leave it limp or lifeless. I cant explain it. It is what I thought a volumizing shampoo SHOULD do, but they never do. Anyway, I love it. But I do EXACTLY what the instructions say to do. you must soak your hair wet, and suds your hair up real good with this and let it set several minutes! Then rinse rinse rinse. Your hair wont feel that silky, but thats ok. Then take a quarter size drop of phytodensium hair mask, and put through the hair (I never put conditioner above my jaw line). Let that sit on your hair another couple of minutes. Then rinse rinse rinse!
and WOW, my hair had life to it and was healthy. But just like with the panama shampoo, my hair was shiney and the ends of my hair werent all frazzled. I have straight highlighted hair, medium fine textured. The ends look fuzzy and I always use a flat iron to smooth them out. But I dont have to with this phyto shampoo! The panama is good and the phytodensium is a little better IMO :)
But I am glad i can switch up with them. I also am testing the phyto citrus next week, then the phyto volume, then the phytokeratin....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a huge fan of Phyto for years now and with a few exceptions, they're all I use. This shampoo, like all their products, is miles ahead anything else I've ever used. I've been trained by the Phyto representatives (around the Chicago area) on how to use their products, and since the instructions on their packaging don't match up to the reps', I figured I'd share them. I will also say that I've tried the shampoo and mask the reps' way, and the packaging's way, and the former works WAY better!
Phyto looks at your hair the same way that most people look at their skin. Therefore, they keep the same steps in their recommended regime. Cleanse once to get the grime off, cleanse twice to tone and prep for moisture, moisturize, and protect. Shampooing your hair twice takes care of the first 2 steps. With the first cleanse, you leave the shampoo in for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (I wash my face while I wait) then rinse with warm water. It will not foam, and your hair will feel clean. Leave the second shampoo in for about 1-2 minutes (I wash my body while I wait) rinse with warm water. This will foam and your hair will probably feel like straw. This is what you want because it means that the cuticle is completely open, so your mask will penetrate well. Then I follow up with conditioner (I shave, scrub my feet, and apply my KP treatment while I wait for that), then rinse with warm water, then cool water to close the cuticle. It works great. My hair is full, healthy, and shiny, but still feels and looks like hair. Not slimy silk (I HATE that look and feel). I usually throw some Phyto 7 or Phytodensium Serum on after my hair dries a bit as a leave in treatment, but sometimes I don't even do that and my hair is still radiant. The Phyto reps have this little machine that's basically a microscope camera that's the size of a pen, so you can see your hair and scalp up close and see what you're hair looks like. Before Phyto, I had build up, split hairs at the roots, and gunk on my scalp. After 6 months, I was clean as a whistle and the reps actually used me as a model to show customers what clean hair should look like (one of my proudest hair moments). I don't know if it's the exceptional cleanliness of my hair, or the product itself, but my hair is fuller and stronger that it has been since I was a teenager. Even my SO noticed a difference. Phyto has definitely changed my hair and I owe a huge part of that to this shampoo. While I still sometimes use the Phytojoba, Phytocycane, and Phytorhum shampoos, this has the best smell and feel to it. It gives almost a satin finish to the hair instead of too shiny or matte, and the smell is like clean water. I can't even describe my satisfaction with this. Gone through 4 bottles and plan on going through a lot more. Thanks Phyto!
One extra note. I love that the packaging is recyclable, but I hate that you don't have the greatest control over the amount that comes out. I invested a whooping $2 in a small glass pump bottle that I use to store my shampoo in so that it's easier to manage. Great solution for those who aren't too keen on the bottle.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I use this shampoo pretty frequently, though sometimes alternating with other Phyto shampoos. The Phytodensium makes my hair thicker and fuller but unlike any other shampoo I have ever used. It oftens and adds shine, thanks to the Omega fatty acids present in the formulation, and gives my hair a much needed oomph! I use one capful then rinse and shampoo a second time, leaving the lather on for 2 mins. Then I rinse and apply Phytodensium mask. My hair looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by skatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: My hair indeed felt like broom after I washed off the shampoo and even after conditioner. But once my hair dried, felt great. The strands appeared to be healthier, like they have a light coating outside, shining (more than light beer could do). Somehow the split ends seem less visible too. All in all, I will buy it again.
Cons: the bottle and the price. As many other shampoo from Phyto, this has no pumping or valve. It is really inconvenient when you have to twist the cap with hands full of shampoo, under the shower. There is also high chance of over pouring. Why on earth didnt they change the packaging for the price they charge, I wonder?

(I have fine hair, normal cond. scalp. I use this shampoo once/ 2 weeks.)

Cheers