July 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lip Liners - Clinique - lip-shaping pencil - 08 perfect amber

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipliner is actually a "hand me down" from my mom when I was a kid. I had been nagging her for makeup at the age of 9, and since she didn't use lip liners she gave me this to play with. I used it to permanently mark my dolls or stuffed animals (may they all rest in peace). I soon just left it laying around, but found it again as an accident a year ago (I'm 19 now). I sported nude lips that day, and decided to sharpen and use the lipliner for the occasion. And wow, it completely blew me away! It wouldn't surprise me if this was at least 8 years old (and outdated as f*ck...), but it worked as a charm and gave life to my nude lips and framed them beautifully. I can use it to extend the line of my lips and fake them fuller and more defined without it being obvious. I meet my friend the other day and she kept staring at my lips. I went all "what?" and she asked me with a completely serious expression on her face if I had gotten a fillers in my lips. Fillers! And all I used was this, a nude lipstick and a lip plumper. Success! I have never been the one to use lipliners, found them outdated and fake looking, but this opened my eyes to a whole new world.

I do find Chanel to have greater staying power, but this is fantastic too. Will buy in full size and compare it to my old and sharpened down version, because this is a must have for nude lips or for those days when you just want your pout in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A natural looking color which I use for both lining and filling in before lipstick. Firm textured for lining yet soft enough for filling. Sometimes it becomes difficult to get color from it; then it is time to sharpen it. Attractively packaged as are all Clinique products.