July 25, 2014 | 984 users online

Lip Gloss - Everyday Minerals - Murumuru Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice, light, clear balm that moisturizes well. I like the smell, which is sort of subtle and nutty. It seems to make my lips naturally redder if I use it consistently. I only wish it had SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Yoboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very waxy and smells awful. I was excited about this being natural and like Everyday Minerals products in general but this is a no winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks like a drugstore chapstick, feels/applies like a drugstore chapstick, BUT smells horrible. MUCH MUCH better off with a regular drugstore chapstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first put this on my lips I had to sit and think what is that smell?? It dawned on me, it smells just like sunflower seeds! Well, I am not real fond of sunflower seeds, so it took a bit to get use to. I am past the smell and am actually starting to like it.

This consistency isn't what I prefer for a lip balm. It isn't thick enough for a balm and doesn't last as long as a balm should. I will finish this, but won't repurchase.

I do love the little brown tin it comes in. Packaging is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by iheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i put this in my super custom kit and was really excited about it.. im a sucker for lip stuff!! when i got my package in the mail, i was so happy with all the brushes and makeup that i forgot about the lip balm. i actually got it in lemon spice with murumuru. once i removed the plastic seal, i could sorta smell the product. once i opened it though... OMG!!! the smell is horrible!!! i bought it hoping it would smell more like lemon.. but NO!!! i guess i'd describe it as one of the holiday scented candles from yankee. that was the first thing that came to my mind when i smelled it. i wanna say it smells like the mistletoe candle?!! thats not something i wanna wear on my lips. i bought this in november and i still havent used this stuff just because of the scent. i would not recommend this balm to anyone..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The lip balm comes in a cute tin that is easily transportable. It goes on smooth onto the lips and very light. The smell is not that great, but that is probably because the ingredients are all natural. I have to say that the ingredients are extremely impressive and I can't help but think that it is doing something good for my lips. Though, I have been using the balm for one week now and my lips are peeling slightly, I don't know if that is a precursor to fabulously soft lips but will have to see. From first impression, Chapstick or Carmex seems much better. I will probably buy again, for my husband because it is very light on his lips and not shiny. It did help to heal a crack that he had from the cold weather.
A few months later, my lips are really soft. I don't know if the product peeled my lips but happy now about the results. I use it under my gloss, works out well....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first Everyday Minerals product I've ever been disappointed with! Though I love the packaging—I'm a sucker for lip gloss in tins—and the price is right, the lip balm itself just failed to perform.
For starters, I can't handle the scent; to me, it smells a lot like a canned tin of peanuts. Second, the product itself was a big disappointment. Not only did my lips not feel moisturized at all, but the gloss is so thin that I'd almost need to reapply every ten minutes or so just to feel any difference.
This might work for adding shine on top of lipstick, but as a plain old lip balm, it's definitely not the best.

Bottom line:
Weird scent, too thin to really do its job and would probably work best for adding shine on top of lipstick.