August 23, 2014 | 1331 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - rose liquid castille soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a 2 oz bottle of the Rose Scented Liquid Soap at my local health food store for about $2.00 dollars. I love the natural rose scent. It's not a strong aroma, but smells more like real roses from your garden. I think if people are getting too strong an aroma from this it's because they're using too much. Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap's are all very concentrated. I use this as a hand wash, and it literally takes five drops to get the job done. Previously, I had always bought the lavender scented soap, which I still love. However, I'll definately buy this rose scented soap again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by maltesers

I was so excited to find Dr. Bronner's in my country. Having used the peppermint one before in the US, I thought I'll try something different. So I grabbed the Rose one. Maybe it's just me, but the "rose" scent smells a bit like rotten vegetables? That said, I like how clean I feel each time I use this. Won't get the rose one again but I'll definitely try the other scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a body wash. You only need to use a little and you get a lot of suds without your skin being dried out. The rose smell is subtle and lovely. It is really cheap and you can choose between a few different sized containers. The only downside is having to choose between the different scents!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like how this cleans. It's excellent for makeup brushes. I also like it as a body wash. My only complaint is that it doesn't really smell that much like roses. It's not an unpleasnt smell, but still not really rose like. I will try this in other scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the large bottle at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $9.99. I mainly got this to wash my makeup brushes. I have tried the small sized lavender scent before, so I thought I'd try a different scent. The scent is not like luxurious roses, it's smells like roses and plastic mixed together....What I love this for~
1. Getting makeup brushes clean- works on Sigma F80 and other hard to clean brushes- also great for cleaning the beauty blender sponge.
2. Washing my face- I have oily skin and this cleans it very well- almost to the point of stripping it- yet my skin isn't dry or tight feeling after I use it.
3. Works great for getting self tanner off your hands. I dislike using gloves, so this does the trick.
What I won't use it for is hair or body washing... I used it on my hair, which I though would be good for clarifying---when I rinsed my hair felt horrible and had a very bad texture- just like when you've bleached the heck out of it- it just felt---bad---. So I then washed it again with a regular shampoo, and it was ok. I don't know, but using this on your hair seems to suck all of the moisture out of it.
I would not use it to clean your body- I happened to use it one time in the bath, and when I got out my private part was burning-- burning like I had a UTI... I don't know if it was the soap or just the fragarance. I continued to burn for a few hours, but then it went away- thank God!! I won't chance it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I initially bought this as a 2 oz travel size and I'm glad I didn't buy the big bottle right away. The scent reminds me too much of my great-grandmother (in an old lady kind of way). I am giving it 5 lippies anyway even though I will buy other scents in the future.
Nevertheless, this makes a fantastic face and body wash. Dilute it and put it in a foaming soap dispenser for best results. I've also used this for dishes and laundry. It's great to be able to minimize the number of cleaning products to just one bottle. My favorite thing about this soap, however, is the fact that it's eco-friendly, vegan, Fair Trade, and made with natural ingredients. It's a feel good product that I just love!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this stuff is the greatest at all, but I guess it's what you get with soap that can be used for washing your dishes, clothes, furniture, as well as your face... I love rose scented stuff, and while I do enjoy the scent of this stuff, I would have to say that it smells closer to bubble gum than rose (i happen to love bubble gum scented stuff too, so this was not a problem). The reason I don't like it so much is because I'm not crazy about the way it feels--leaves me with an oily residue--and whether I dilute it or not, it doesn't seem to lather well at all. I find that I go through a bottle just as quick--if not quicker--than a regular shower gel, which i can get for 1/2 the price. I basically just have to use even more of this stuff to make up for diluting it. Another disappointment is that this stuff always left an icky lingering scent on me that did not smell anything like roses or bubble gum or even soap (it is a weird oily scent). I tried the orange scented one recently and was left with this same oily scent, so I get the feeling that all of these soaps but the peppermint one leave it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love all the other Dr. Bronner's soaps I have tried and I loooooooooove rose scented things, especially natural rose and not the weird synthetic rose smell. But this doesn't smell like rose at all, it smells like a rose in a washing machine I'll give it that much. It still works amazing though, and I can see other people liking the scent so I'd suggest smelling it before you buy it cause these soaps really are the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by EricaVee

I have really come to love this stuff. The rose scent is really beautiful--but don't expect it to smell like a rose-scented bodywash. It smells like good, clean soap, with a good dose of rose oil mixed in.

I use it as a body wash, a shampoo, a bath soak (it doesn't really bubble up in a bath but it makes your skin soft and clean), a laundry cleaner when I hand wash clothes (the company says you can use it in a washing machine but I have not tried that yet), and a floor cleaner.

Best of all, I dilute it by about half and put it in soap dispensers to use as a hand soap--it has cured my dry winter hands!

It is pricey, but a little goes a long way and it can replace so many other products.

Just a simple, effective, high-quality, useful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This scent, even though it doesn't smell anything like rose, is still oddly pleasing when used.

My skin is seriously clearing since washing my face with dr. bronner's, no pimple can materialise since I've started using this on a daily basis. For that I give it a 5. I use 2 drops in the morning and 4 at night to remove makeup. Yeah it's a little drying but nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix. I want to try the lavender scent next because it seems like that scent is closer to the real scent, but if I get sick of that one, I wouldn't mind purchasing this again.