December 18, 2014 | 1118 users online

Samples - Mario Badescu - Sample Pack

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by chinco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reason that I only give such generous freebies 2 lippies since none of the products they sent to me is impressive. Ironically, some of them function so bad with my skin.
1. seaweed night cream: a nothing special nighttime moisturizer.
2. special cucumber lotion (toner, in fact) nothing special
3. enzyme cleansing gel: smells really good, but not functional. It removes some makeup, not foaming. An okay cleanser but definitely there are better ones in the market
4. Hyaluronic Eye Cream: didn't feel anything special about it. I'm 19 so I don't need high-end eye creams. This ec does okay in moisturizing. and the price is okay, affordable. ($18,.5oz) But many GWPs contain a eye cream so I don't usually buy them. I'll consider this eye cream if my eye cream run out, although I don't think there will be this day.
5. drying cream: what's this for??
6. strawberry face scrub: looks good, smells nice. but the scrubs are too coarse yet very few. Basically it feels that your face is not polished but itched by few scrubs.
7. flower and tonic mask: OMG the WORST mask I've every tried. This makes my face like a piece of rubber. I through it away after one use.
8. a day lotion which I forgot the name, only remember it was SPF 15: not impressive, the quality is below the average similar products I have used.

Okay, I'm disappointed. but their customer service's great that they give you all these beautiful samples in jars, no charge at all, free shipping. .that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

how do you get it free? i di the questionair and no samples i even searched it up and nothing how is it free am i doing something wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I encourage everyone to give this sample system a try. I filled out the online form and within a couple of hours, I had an email from MB with some follow-up questions. About 3-4 days later, I received generous samples of products specifically for me. I have mild rosacea, and the products really seem to work! I ordered full sizes of most everything in the sample pack. The products recommended for my dry, mild rosacea, mid-forties skin were as follows: Cream Soap, Aloe Vera Toner, Control Cream, Kera Moist Cream, Hyaluronic Eye Cream. Very impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Someone here suggested MB for rosacea skin and I thought I'd give it a try since their prices are extremely reasonable.

I filled out an online questionaire and got an email from an MB rep a couple of days later with an analysis of my skin and product recommendations.

A few days after that I got the entire regimen in huge sample sizes! The eye cream lasted a month!

All of the products recommended to me were spot on and a couple of weeks into using them, my skin looks and feels great. I've already purchased a few full sizes of the items and kicking myself for not finding this line sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by InfinitSilver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I live in Canada and also received the samples. Generous quantity and amount of samples. It lasted me for the entire month, so it's really enough to try it out. The products are absolutely great. My face was shining. I loved it and planning on buying regular sizes. I waited a bit, nothing came, then I just emailed the lady to remind about myself and in a 2 weeks sampes came!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great offer from MB... I have since purchased many items that I had received in my sample package. It has been well over a year and a half since I first discovered these and am glad I did. I received, I believe, 7 samples...everything that was on my suggested products except for one (the drying lotion--I believe because it is in glass or because of the way the product must separate before you dip into it to use). I love their products and if you find that your samples work for you, it is well worth the money to either order them online, go into their store (if you are so lucky to be in/near the NYC area), or stop by your local Ulta. I really like that their products are gentle but oh so very effective! I will continue to purchase their products and 100% believe taking their little question slip to receive free samples is worth it...worth your time filling it out AND worth the 6 week wait for arrival.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Kusuriurii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I disliked this product immensely.

At first I thought I'd give it a try because of a youtube guru who had rave reviews about this product being soooo helpful with acne issues or oily skin. The samples were free from the website and took FOREVER to even get, and they didn't have all the samples they said they were going to send me. When I started to use the samples - I broke out massively across my cheeks which is not normal for my skin at all.

Ended up throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by joccee

I've just received my MB package today and i'm really excited. MB is a NYC based products. They offer free delivery service and sampes ONLY to people living in USA upon placing an order and filling out the questionnaire respectively. I know because i asked =)

However, I ordered some products at their website, therefore, I get to have 3 free samples of my choice. It was great and a total worthwhile. Because I requested for 4 additional samples on top of the 3 free. I wanted to get my hands on the samples by tapping on this purchase because I am international (which means no samples upon filling out survey). But please don't be demanding and be polite when you ask. =)

Also, i did a research on MB products sold in Sephora (Singapoe) and our local MB salon at holland village. It was far too expensive to buy it locally. It is a cheaper to purchase at their website. =)

The delivery was fast, they took only 1 week to reach me with UPS. I will post my reviews on the products once I used enough of it to give a fair review...

For people interested in what I've purchase and what samples i requested for. Here they are:

Purchased:
- Acne Repair Kit, Control Moisturizer for oily skin and Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Samples Requested:
- Drying Mask, Whitening Mask, Almond and Honey Face Scrub, Kiwi Face Scrub, Acne Facial Cleanser, Ceramide Eye Gel and Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15

Thanks and hope that helps ! ^^ PEACE ! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Cherise1753

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was sooo surprised at how much they give you. They give you almost everything they recommend for you. I got mine a few weeks ago and I'm still using them everyday. And its FREE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What It Is:
This sample pack is a completely free package that allows you to try out a a few of their products, based on your skin type. Just fill out their questionnaire, wait for the email and proceed from there. Be sure you take your time with the questionnaire to ensure you will get the best results.

What It Comes With:
After waiting close to 5 weeks, I finally received my package in the mail. Enclosed are your samples, a Product Application Guide and a Product Guide booklet listing all of the products that can be found on the website. The application guide lets you know what samples were sent to you as well as how to use the products and in what order. There are easy-to-follow diagrams showing you how each type of product is to be applied, which may be beneficial to those just starting out with skin care or for those that are unsure as to how to go about using.

Packaging:
In my pack, I received 8 samples (was meant to be 9, but the Buffering Lotion sample was out of stock when my pack was shipped). The cleanser and toner came in small squeeze tubes about 1 1/2 inches in length, while the others came in small tubs of varying size. They are clean, simple, and absolutely adorable. They each have a circular label giving you the name of the product and what skin type they are designed for. The ingredients are not listed in the booklet or on the packages, but ingredients can be obtained via the website itself.
My samples:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel
- Special Cucumber Lotion (toner)
- Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15
- Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
- Almond and Honey Non-Abrasive Face Scrub
- Flower and Tonic Mask
- Healing Cream
- Drying Cream

Bang for your Buck:
Although you do need to wait 4-6 weeks to receive your sample, it will be worth it. I've yet to actually try the products out, but I can see that with some I will be able to sample them for at least a few weeks, possibly a month if I am lucky. The samples are completely free, meaning that you do not even need to pay for shipping. So, for a price like that, go ahead and send for some samples!

Final Consensus:
After hearing/reading some positive reviews for the brand from a few of my favourite beauty resources, I decided to apply for a sample pack. Having difficult skin to manage, it's nice to know that a company is wiling to send out free products for you to test out. Can't beat the price, the service is really great, the packaging is superb.. But, they don't allow you to choose your own samples. Although a product may be created for my skin type(s), some of their products (including a few that they sent me) contain ingredients that I am sensitive/allergic to, and that can easily break me out. I would love it if they allowed you to put together your own sample pack after filling out the questionnaire, and have them provide you with a list of all the products that are designed for your skin types. This way, you can look over the products to see what you WANT to try, to see what will not at all work for you, and go from there. Because of this, I have taken off half a lippy, but I have actually sent out for another sample pack last week with a slightly different questionnaire; hopefully that gets me with some good samples that I am not sensitive to!

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 5/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.