September 16, 2014 | 1883 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Signature Silky Powder Blush - Nude Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For reference, I'm a brunette in NW15 in MAC. My skin is cool-leaning neutral, and it's dry in winter months, and normal to dry in warmer months. It's prone to acne right now as well.
While I love the shade of this blush and love that it doesn't lean too brown or orangey, just a muted soft, well, 'Nude Rose,' (so the name matches the color perfectly), eh the texture quality is just terrible for a higher end blush. It's very dry and stiff, but I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't give the powdery or ashen look at all when blended into the skin, and doesn't just sit on the skin in an obvious way, like many drugstore matte blushes can do. It just kind of becomes 'one' with your skin, if I may say, and the color adds just enough warmth and brings life into my face, in the subtlest way possible lol.

However, I have to point out that it's almost impossible to wear this particular formula of blush with a completely matte face, because it just looks muddy and unflattering. It's an outdated formula, and EL REALLY needs to revamp their entire makeup line. This blush's potential (and I say 'potential' in respect) beauty comes out when worn with a satin finish or a slightly dewier finish foundation.

BUT I have found that MAC's Blushbaby is IDENTICAL in color to this, just with a texture and quality that FAR surpasses. Blushbaby is tenfolds smoother in texture, easier to blend, more pigmented, lasts at least four hours longer than this one does, AND it's less expensive. So, because I know of something that's cheaper with better quality, I cannot and will not recommend this blush to anyone. It's just an overpriced drugstore-quality blush. Nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the quality and consistency of this blush but the color didn't work for me. I am fair with cool undertones and have a difficult time finding natural looking blushes. The MA suggested this color and I purchased it not having my other blushes with me to compare. This one was definitely too warm toned for me but I went back and switched it for the Radiant Berry and that one is really much more natural for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this blush. If you have NEVER been able to wear blush because you've got too much pink or "warmth" as they say in your skin, you may like this! I happen to love it. I only wish I'd found it sooner. If I'd listened to Paula Begoun on this one, I'd have never found it. She negatively critiqued the formula, which though dry, works wonderfully for me. But, it is the color that is the "holy grail" aspect for me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Signature Silky Powder blushes go on nice and smooth but they fade away to nothing within 1/2 hour on my oily skin.

Nude Rose 11 is a brownish coral pink. It looks aging and muddy on me. If you have golden fair skin like mine try the fresher "Pink Kiss 02"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this blush as part of the Colour Spectacular set and it is my favourite blush by far!!! It goes on super smooth and even, never streaky or overdone. The colour - a soft coralish pink - is perfect for my asian skin tone. A light application makes a good everyday blush but it can also be layered for a more evening look. The staying power is average compared to other blushes that I have used. Love love love!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Jexxie123

Hate! Hate! Hate this blush so muchhh!!! It makes my red cheek (because of acne scars) looks more red! It shows up my scars even more! I used my foundation and concealer as usual, and as soon as I apply this blush on top of my cheekbones, it shows up my scars. Seriously, this has never ever happened to me with all my other blushes. I donít know whatís in this product thatís making my red scars more obvious.It really is disturbing my long lasting foundation& concealer even if i have set it up with powder. No radiant look from this blush! Getting clogged pores from this too. Arghh.. this product is a total disappointment for me. I definitely wouldnít repurchase. The colour looks flattering on the pan, making me think it would look really good and natural on me! But it actually isnít. This product is just not for me. It might look really gorgeous on people blessed with great skin, without the scarring that I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful dark rose color, definitely a good color impact without being too light or too dark, I didnt have a problem with this blush showing up on me (usually having medium skintone I do have that problem) but not with this. Its definitely long lasting and stays put. To me i find it darker than a nude rose as described, its more a dark mauvy rose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

This blush doesn't seem to have enough pigment to show up on my med-beige skin. It goes on sheer and builds to full color but I have to amply apply it to see anything. If you want a non-shimmer natural looking blush and have a lighter skin tone, this is the one. It comes nicely packaged in a beautiful compact with a large mirror, a good amount of product and a small brush.

Update: 1/12/09 - I applied this with my Italian Badger blush brush and it goes on better than the softer synthetic brush I was using. I guess my skin is a little lighter now too since I'm not outside as often. It's still a very natural looking blush for when I like a nude/no makeup look.