October 24, 2014 | 1074 users online

Concealers - Cargo - Blu-ray concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in total agreement with Saspants, and in the same age group. This is a fantastic under eye concealer that looks so natural. It actually makes a difference, and on me does not collect in fine lines. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tvpn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a make-up minimalist most days when I go to work: sunscreen, eyeliner, mascara, undereye concealer. I've been quite impressed with this concealer so far. It has enough coverage for my dark circles, yet still feels sheer enough to blend right into my skin. Most concealers I've tried is too thick and looks weird when I only have coverage around my eyes (i.e. it would probably look okay if I had some sort of foundation on, but I'm just too lazy for that). Also, this concealer doesn't seem to need to be set with powder and lasts all day on me.

The cons have been mentioned here before and I agree with them: this concealer is on the pricey side, only comes in 2 shades (I have to mix the two to match me), and it's nearly impossible to tell how much is left. Despite all this, I might consider repurchasing, but I like to try new products so we will see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

I am wary of spending so much money on any makeup product, but was finding that no matter what drugstore concealer I was buying, it would eventually settle into my fine lines under my eyes and would look a bit cakey after some hours. I bought this with a discount code on dermstore.com and am really loving it. The key is to let it dry a bit before applying. I like to apply some to the back of my hand while I'm doing my eye makeup. Then, I use my pinky finger to dot it onto my under eyes. I found that this works best. I don't use powder to set it, because I found that it actually makes it look worse. This winds up lasting for quite a while and I haven't really had issues with it settling into my fine lines. I use Shade 02 in Medium/Dark and it works perfectly for my NC35 skin. I will definitely try to squeeze this into my beauty budget in the future, because it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love me soma this concealer. Typically anything under my eye settles into my lines and ages me, including Touche Eclat. This is the only thing I've found that doesn't. It's also brightening. Love the creamy texture too. Cargo is amaze.

EDIT: Unfortunately it crept in my undereye lines. That was the one place I really liked it too. I tried covering another spot on my face and it was far too sheer to do anything. *sniff*

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by squirrelybusiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so, I've bought this concealer pretty much based on reviews here. i was looking for something water resistant AND not tested on animals (please let me know if you have any information that states otherwise) and i stumbled upon cargo blu-ray. i have to say i was apprehensive about there being only two shades but the light one matches my skin pretty well, actually it's pretty much an exact match (my skin is fair and warm). as for it being water resistant - that it is. i wear it to the gym (i use it without foundation, just to cover the problem areas, and i don't powder over it) and it does not budge. it creases only slightly after my workout but it's barely noticeable. also it seems to me it might be ever so slightly on the drying side but that could be due to my very dry skin. most importantly it does not irritate my skin (i use it under my eyes, on my cheeks and chin and around the nose, i guess all over my face) and i have very sensitive skin and moderate rosacea. i don't use much makeup (i hate stuff on my face plus it makes my skin only redder so i usually put a minimal amount of anything on it) so i don't have an array of concealers i can compare it to but based on my experience with it so far (i've been using it for a couple of months now so it's safe to say this is my definitive opinion on it) i think it is an excellent concealer, i will repurchase it and i highly recommend it.
also, many thanks to everyone here for their reviews that pointed me to this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

This has become the one thing I cannot live without, my HG concealer. I have genetic dark under eye circles that worsen with sinus/allergies and lack of sleep. On a good day I layer Benefit's "That Gal" brightening primer then apply Benefit's "Eye Bright" to the inner corners. I then use my Cargo concealer and bam, you can barely see my dark circles.

On a bad day i will use the primer and brightener then will next use either Benefit's "Lemon Aid" or Pixi's correction cream and then use Cargo's Blu-Ray Concealer and blend in with my concealer brush using a dotting, blending motion. I then set this area using ELF's under eye brightening HD powder.

Either way Cargo's Blu-Ray concealer is a huge part of my daily make-up routine and I can't live without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

Love this concealer, possibly the best one I ever owned. Covers imperfections without looking cakey, and blends better when you use a concealer brush. A little goes a long way. The little pen packaging is pretty cool, but sometimes I accidentally distribute too much product. A little bit expensive, but at the time I had a 20% coupon from Ulta so it wasn't so bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those rare, rare concealers that actually conceals without caking, drying or adding to the look of fine lines. It covers moderately well and stays on.
It only comes in two colors though. I chose the light/medium one, which is about 1 shade too light for me unfortunately (I am NC20-25). So it's really very light. It's a very neutral colour - no yellow, no pink.
I wish they would make a medium shade that's more yellow-peachy, which would be perfect for disguising red/blue under-eye bags for a lot of people.
(Does anyone know what the color of the medium/dark is like? I cannot find much information. I get the impression that it jumps right over the average skin color (about NC30) and into darker skin tones. Because it's so expensive I am reluctant to buy the darker one as well just to check the color.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down HG for me. I have tried alot of concealers some i really like but none are ever perfect. After reading reviews here i decided to give it a go.
i have moderatly dark circles under my eyes and have been ill for two months which had made them look like i was punched, so i wasnt expecting miracles. I purchased this is the lightest shade, despite the fact that im a Mac NC25 i felt that i needed something a bit brighter as my current concealer blended too well and i needed to "brighten" that area. I'm happy i did, it did make me look more "awake" and even though you could tell i did have some darkness (my eye circles are currently purple) it was not even close to what it is without this, AND the diff between the brighter shade and my normal one that blends exactly is that it gave my eyes some depth, and not as flat as my normal concealer, this is a big plus for me. I would still try the second shade as well, as i feel it is still within my skin tone range and would be good to mix wth the first one, or use in summer, but i could probably use it now as it didnt seem substanitally darker to me.
overall very happy and will definitly buy this again, shame its impossible to find in the UK now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lca1987

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of concealers... I guess because I haven't found one that I really like... but I really like this concealer ALOT! I love the click pen style and the color is perfect on me. There are only 2 colors to choose from. Even though I consider myself light/medium, I use the 02 Medium/Dark. It matched perfectly and blends very well. Its a little bit expensive but definitely worth purchasing.