November 28, 2014 | 1576 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Blush Rush in Heartbreak

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this blush. The color's beautiful, blends well, leaves a lovely finish, and then it COMPLETELY disappears less than an hour after applying!? I also find the packaging cheap and flimsy, even though it has a slide-out mirror on the bottom. Exchanged it for a different brand that stays put..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this blush on a whim. I wanted something different from the popular sparkly coral-pinks, and found this blush at Sephora. I tried it on, and loved it. It's smooth and powdery, and feels really cool on your cheeks. It's a beautiful dusty red with slight berry/purple undertones. It has shimmer but it's very subtle, just enough to give your cheeks a warm glow. It does look a little dark in the pan, and it will go on heavy if you aren't careful, so be sure to use a light hand and build the product on to your liking. It's worth the effort, because with 2 light sweeps of the cheeks, you have a color that works for any season. You could apply it very lightly for a nice spring/summer rosy cheek, or 3 sweeps for a darker, natural flushed fall/winter look. I have light olive skin, and it looked good on me, so I would recommend it for any skin tone, fair to very dark. The packaging is nice, it's small and compact, and the swivel mirror is really handy. It's a very nice blush and I'm glad I bought it. I will buy again once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the warm color of this blush. On my fair skin, it's like a bronzer and blush in one. It really brightens my complexion. I need to tread lightly with this product, however. It's highly pigmented, and once it goes on it needs a decent amount of blending to avoid looking clownish. The product doesn't blend too easily, but I manage to make it work. I probably won't buy it again, but the color really is quite nice. The packaging is good too--quite sturdy and good looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by roocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My mother and I were in Ulta around Christams b/c she forgot her blush when she flew out to see me. We found this one for her and it looked great.... especially when the artist applied it paired with Too Faced Sun Bunny Carribean Compact. She's 63 years old and it brought her to life and made her look more youthful. Well, after a couple of days of playing around with it, I had to go get it (and the bronzer) for myself! I love this blush. It isn't too shimmery or too flat for my 42 year old skin. It doesn't accentuate the pores or texture of my skin (or my mom's). I'm normally a Lancome wearer and this gave me to pop that my Mauve Coquette wasn't giving me during the winter months. I would say that this color is very close to Lancome's Rouge Glow. This also has a little mirror that slides out from under it. We both thought that there was something faullty with her blush pakaging until we discovered that a mirror slides around from the bottom. A fun little bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by salopish

Great blush, it's a rosy-golden plum, so it's red enough to give the blood-rushed cheeks but warm enough to keep it from being artificial. The best thing about this blush is that it can addapt to cool, warm, dark and pale skin tones--- in pale skin it looks like a "just went jogging" cheeks, 'pretty face' I'd say (but don't overdoit, it's very pigmented) and in bronzed skin it looks like the attractive warm rosy cheeks you get when you tan your face, without the damage.
I'ts a less shimmery, more natural version of clinique's Fresh Bloom in Plum Poppy, like the 'day' version of the color, but the pigment is stronger, less transparent, though it doesn't last as long as clinique's, which isn't a big issue because reapplying is easy as the package is one of the best I've seen: round, small enough to carry it in your purse (hate the chunky, big squared cases that leave no room for other items in nowadays small clutches), and the mirror is very practical because it's hidden outside so it doesn't get blurry with all the powder, you just turn it out, like a solar eclipse!
The only con is the lasting power, not very bad but not very good either, otherwise it's a great product overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I was in Ulta the other day and I had one of the Smashbox makeup artist apply some of their makeup to see how it looks. She recommended the Blush Rush in Heartbreak and it gives my cheeks a light rosy tint. It also has little specks of glitter in it. I am not a blush person but I love the way this looks on my cheeks and how it gives me that sun kissed glow.