October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lipstick - Almay - Lip Vitality w/kinetin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I only tried this (shade number 48) because I was staying with my mother overnight and had forgotton my makeup bag. I borrowed this from hers and immedietly stole it! It is the most gorgeous dusky rose colour with a very slight silvery shimmer. I very rarely wear lighter pinks because they're so blah on my very pale, cool toned skin, but this is great, the epitome of YLBB. The formula is lovely, creamy and moisturising, and lasts for hours. It's one of those colours that stays beautiful even as it fades. This colour makes my lips look really plump and full. For an all out sexy night time look, I layer a shimmery gloss over the top. There's a generous amount of product in the bullet too, which is always a bonus. I'm going to stock up on this colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

I don't think I'd ever bought an Almay lipstick before, but I got #04 (brick-y. warm red) and I love it! It goes on so smooth, moisturizes, and STAYS! I love it that it's got SPF, and the see-through bottom in great packaging. The color is a little bold for everyday office life, but great for going out, special occasions, whenever you want to make a statement: woman to be reckoned with. Just a wonderful lipstick...may go get another one after work now that I'm thinking about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a lipstick fanatic and after buying tons in all sorts of brands I think this formula is amazing. It is light, but moisturizing and some of the shades like the red 28 last incredibly long. The tones of the shades are winners, but the feeling of this l/s is just the best. My lips feel great after wearin it too, which I can't say for some of my very expensive ones. The red did not dry out my lips one bit, quite amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lipsticks! They are extremely moisturizing and have some staying powers. Good deals, too and colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

WOW! If Almay can expand the color selection and include more unusual and pearlescent shades, this will definitely replace Revlon Super Lustrous as my HG lipstick! I tried my first tube of this today based on MUA recommendations, and I just love it. (I got it for under $5 on sale at Walgreens; the packaging has a nice "snap-on" cap and looks more luxe than most drugstore brands). I chose shade #28, as I enjoy vivid, deep, clear shades and most of the other Kinetin colors were pale and/or muted. It is really the perfect reddish-berry shade for neutral-to-yellow PPP me... not a hint of orange or brown, nor sickly purple, just a true coolish vivid raspberry color that is nonetheless brightening to warmer complexions. This lippie applies super-smoothly and is very moist, yet doesn't bleed and provides a defined, opaque lip look. Not sure about any plumping effect, but my lips *do* look full and lush, not dry and cakey! Wears very, very well and evenly, and has SPF 15. Almay, you done good... now add some peppier colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Susann_777

This review is for the Lip Vitality in #68. It's a pretty pink colour (neutral leaning towards pink), on this fair skinned MUAer with golden undertones.
I LOVE that it has SPF 15, and it's an important reason as to why I bought it in the first place. But honestly, sometimes I feel that it's just an okay colour until I put on my Starlight Star Gloss over top, in which case SHAZAMM! My lips look *GORGEOUS*.
Will repurchase because I love my lips.
UPDATE: I have this in #64 as well, and I have to say that for both lippies, they're very creamy in consistency. I've been complimented on both colours & will repurchase not just bc I love my lips, but bc this is a top-notch product for a d/g price. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 10:44:00 PM More reviews by so_fee_ahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how moisturizing it was for my poor, overdried winter lizard lips! It gave such a creamy, smooth soothing texture overall that I was highly pleased because usually lip products never leave up to their claims. I have this in #72 and it shows up so beautifully on my lips. Like I said, it gives my lips a smooth finish and plumps it up reeeal nice, too. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in #01, i forget the color name. I love how moisturizing this is, this and the revlon lippies are my fave.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 12:58:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have #36 and its my all time favourite red!
Its very bold, we're talking pep-talk before you walk out the door bold, but so beautiful!
I love the way it feels on, creamy and smooth.
It does stain my lips a tiny bit, but I still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

This is perhaps the best red lipstick I've ever used. I have this in #28, a berry red. I've fair, neutral/slightly yellow skin and this just suits me perfectly. Not too dark (vampy), not too light, and not orange-ish. Also seems to make my teeth look a little whiter. The texture is really smooth. Gives a creamy, smooth finish that lasts quite well. Wonderful lipstick!
I also have this in #68, which is a lovely pink/mauve color. It is the perfect complement to Benefit's Dandelion. I'll definitely repurchase these.