Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil

4.1

Safflower Seed Oil; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Avocado Oil; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Rosa canina Fruit Oil; Jojoba Seed Oil; Shea Butter Oil; Evening Primrose Oil; Soybean Oil; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis Root Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Daisy Flower Extract; Echinacea purpurea Extract; Viola odorata Extract; Viola tricolor Extract; Symphytum officinale Leaf Extract; Carrot Root Extract; Tocopherol; Retinyl Palmitate; Beta-Carotene; Fragrance*; Benzyl Alcohol*; Cinnamyl Alcohol*; Citral*; Eugenol*; Coumarin*; Benzyl Salicylate*; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Benzyl Benzoate*; Citronellol*; Hexylcinnamal*; Limonene*. *From Natural Essential Oil

on 12/22/2014 9:56:00 AM

This oil is heaven in a bottle! The smell is absolutely to die for, and it really does a bang up job of moisturizing my combo skin. I press this into my moisturizer every night and my skin is soft, supple, and glowing in the morning.

on 6/21/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never used Jurlique before, but as I recently got into facial oils, I saw this in a Sephora display with a bunch of others and had to try it. It had a delightful, light floral scent and claimed to be very moisturizing and good for combination skin, so I thought I'd give it a try. I usually use facial oil either under or mixed with my moisturizer, because while some things can cause me to break out, most of my skin is very dry, and starting to show fine lines as I approach 35. This oil performs well, sinks in and doesn't cause breakouts, and I've used it both at night and during the day before foundation. It doesn't seem to affect the way my foundation applies or wears, and the scent (although very nice) is not overpowering and fades quickly. The only thing I would wish for is a little more moisture but since I am very dry, it might be perfect for someone with more normal skin. I'll continue to use this with my moisturizer.

on 12/30/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

About four months ago I switched my skincare range from Clinique to Jurlique as I was attracted its bio-organic, Australian grown ingredients. Since then I have not looked back! Part of my skin care routine is the Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil. Of the numerous Jurlique products I use in my skin care routine, this product is my absolute favourite that I cannot go without! I use this product morning and night on damp skin after showering and my face just loves it! It also has a lovely scent that I find soothing and beautiful - just like I've left the beauty bar with a facial. I have combination skin - dry around the cheeks and slightly oily in the T so I was a little worried about how my skin would react to the addition of oil. When I apply it to my skin I mainly apply to my cheeks and forehead and sparingly elsewhere. Over the time I have been using this product I have definitely noticed my skin is more supple, younger (dewy-looking) and generally happier. I feel great about using this product and I recommend it to others who want that feeling too!

on 12/18/2013 11:51:00 PM

I really like this oil. I use it at night, instead of night moisturizer. It sinks nicely into my skin, doesn't leave any residue. My skin looks fresh and healthy in the morning.

on 9/18/2013 9:55:00 AM

I used to be afraid to put oil on my oily/acne-prone skin but I found out it works the opposite way than you think, by stripping your skin of oil on a regular basis, your skin reacts by overproducing oil to replenish it, so it's essential to use an oil or hydrating moisturizer on oily skin. I really didn't like the smell of this oil in the beginning but I grew accustomed to it and by the end I really loved it. Before this product came out, I used the Rose Body Oil by Jurlique on my face, so I was used to more of a rose smell but I wanted to try it because it was more specific for the face. I live in a hot climate so I found this oil to be suitable for me for night-time use only, it didn't make me break out and I started to put it on my body and any sunburns or insect bites and I really love it. It made my skin clear and balanced. I don't follow the instructions of putting the oil on a cotton pad and then spreading on the face, this would just waste so much of the oil, it's better to take 1-3 drops for whole face and perform the press and release action with the palms of your hands. I even patted it around my eyes with no discomfort whatsoever. It's a reasonable price, $50 for 50 ml and this has lasted for 3 years and does not go bad even though the expiry date on Jurlique products is usually around one-two years after purchasing. I have also used Duchess Marden Anti-Wrinkle Serum (it's actually an oil similar to this one) and would say both offer similar results. I would definitely purchase again.

on 5/20/2013 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this oil does what it says, balancing, also moisturizing, plump and soften the skin. it is more for dry-combo skin or dry congested. if you are very oily or very dry, this is not your cure. i have dry skin and i use this differently. it is a nice face oil, i also use other face oil as well like calendula oil. i use this oil prior washing my dry face. it works great. finally i could deep clean my skin without stripping the oil or getting too dry. cream cleanser doesnt clean that well and even for dry skin, we all need to deep clean time to time, as we could still get congested dry skin. i also use this oil between the jurlique rosewater toner and the jurlique age defying ultra lift moisturizer at times depending on how the skin react and feel which the weather and hormones seem to play major role. the oil is a nice enough and great for dry skin. you could also use this as face massage oil treatment. the smell is quite like herbs similar to their other products.

on 4/10/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this when I had some problems with a moisturizer and wanted to try something more natural. This didn't give me enough moisture, stayed greasy and my facial skin seemed to react to this: I didn't use it enough to get any pimples, but I did get more redness around my mouth and nose. Gave tis 2 because I think I may be able to use this for body massage. I agree with the reviewer 2 reviews down: a lot of natural essential oils can irritate sensitive skin.

on 4/10/2013 12:23:00 PM

When my skin hit a serious winter-dry-chapped condition, and NOTHING seemed to help, and most products burned my skin, Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil stepped in and saved my skin! I LOVE this stuff - it absorbs quickly and is NOT greasy. Flakes and redness were gone within days. Love it!!

on 4/9/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from sephora.com based on the good reviews. Thought I'd give these ubiquitous face oils a try. But this is much too fragranced for my sensitive skin. It's loaded with all those essential oil components like citral, eugenol, benzyl salicylate, and I've finally learned that I can't use anything that contains these ingredients. They're just too irritating. Rather than "balance" my skin, my face became a red, itchy mess while. I then tried using this as a hair oil, smoothing it on the ends of my hair. But then my scalp became itchy and I got little bumps on the nape of my neck!

on 1/6/2013 2:19:00 AM

I switched to predominantly Jurlique facial products about 8 months ago including this oil, which I use at night and mainly in the cooler months. I don't use it directly on my nose or chin (I tend to be very oily in those areas) unless they are visibly dry. It smells very nice and in the morning my skin is hydrated and glowing. I've even convinced my husband to use it and he probably goes through more than me!

I use this oil, the balancing face wash and blemish cream, and together they've really evened out my skin tone, reduced redness and help me reduce the amount of foundation and concealer I wear.