October 22, 2014 | 978 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Pearl Mint

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the same as any other green color corrector I've tried. I have hyperpigmentation and I'm very fair (EDM's Golden Fair) and I have a lot of post acne scarring and some current acne. So, I always fall under the spell of a supposed miracle product that can subdue redness. However, all green concealers have ever done is add a green cast to whatever red area I'm trying to conceal. So, a once red pimple becomes a red pimple with a pale green tinge to it. And when I try to apply a little more to see if that helps, it turns it more green and then it's really hard to cover the green with makeup to even everything out, thus making my whole makeup process a lot longer than it has to be......

So, to me, this product is a waste of time and isn't worth the added step. My scars and pimples get just as concealed with my regular method of applying makeup without the use of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by girlyroses

This is a beautiful, underrated product! I got a sample of EDM's pearl mint concealer years ago when they still did the free build-your-own sample kit. I never got around to using it for the longest time because redness is never really a huge problem for me.

Then, a while back, I was doing my friend's makeup and I pulled this out of my kit. She has lovely pale European coloring, but is prone to redness, so I dipped a baby kabuki brush in the pearl mint powder and buffed it onto her face. She immediately looked gorgeous, glowing and perfectly even-toned.

I then tried this on myself a different way. I mixed a bit of the powder into my primer (Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel) until it was a pale, opaque green. I applied it to my face and was pretty impressed! Just from applying my greenified primer, my skin looked more even, a few old blemishes were toned down, and I looked healthy. The effect was still there when I applied my liquid foundation, and hours later I saw myself on camera and I couldn't stop staring at myself! My skin looked perfect, glowing, and airbrushed, as if I'd been Photoshopped in real life or something.

So don't let the green color or the shimmer in this scare you off. Don't overapply--it's green, after all--and just buff it out until it blends all the redness out. Or mix it into your primer like I did! A sample from the website costs $2.50 so it won't hurt to try. You only have to use a little bit at a time, so this sample is going to last me eons, but I will buy the full-size when I run out!

(Packaging isn't the best, but that's to be expected...it's powder, after all, and it can get messy. I didn't take off lippies for it because frankly I have yet to come across packaging for loose powder that isn't messy.)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by disneyfreak1986

Yay this is my first review ever on here! I would first like to say that my skin is VERY fair and VERY red, so that's why I think this Pearl Mint shade works well for me. When I wear it alone, it gives me the most natural looking results of any makeup I've tried. I must admit, there are a lot of tricks to wearing this as a color corrector- you only need a little bit on the brush and you must blend VERY VERY WELL- whenever I use too much I can just blend it in more to other areas, but my nose is the trickiest! I do love this product, and once again I believe that because my skin is so pale that I can wear this product if I blend well and use sparingly. Moisturize well, too, 'cause like other mineral makeup, it will show the dry patches, and if you're skin is dry then it will be harder to blend. Sometimes I do get frustrated because in almost every light it looks great, but in crappy lighting (like at work, I work in a department store) it can look too pale- but I know that different lighting effects how all makeup looks. I'd rather look a little pale at work than look to dark/fake everywhere else.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by evabigman

I don't think I'll ever use this up. I bought a full size--definately should have started with the sample. Their regular mint concealer is okay but the pearl mint is horrible. It's a shiny mint green (aptly named) which seems to immediately break through foundation. Ack! Another product I should just throw away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample. I needed something to help neutralize the redness from pimples and the redness from using acne medication. Mint didn't really work for me so I decided to give pearl mint a try. I admit at first I didn't like it. It sat in my stash for a long time. It was simply hard to use. It looked really frosty and it covered the redness but left this green glow to my skin. Fastforward some time in the future, I see this post on EM forum from this one poster who says that pearl beige is AMAZING for covering pimples and she has pictures of step-by-step coverage on concealing a pimple completely! Well her method is to put on the pearl on the pimple, let it sit there a while, blend it out, cover with your EM foundation. She said that pearl sunlight and pearl mint worked as well. Let me just tell you, it really works! So yeah, sometimes it does appear frosty but once it acclimates to your skin, it loses its shimmery appearance. I think it will be a while for me to go through my sample because a little goes a long way, but if I was going to repurchase, I would get this in the pearl beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

I just couldn't make this work for me. I know that the green is to counter redness and it has some "glow" to diffuse light and etc, but whenever I used it, it was very noticeable. I use a very light hand w/ my makeup so I don't think that I was applying it too heavily. but green can sometimes make you look ashy...and the shimmer just make my blemishes shine :) So if you want glowy, ashy spots on your face, go with it!

(Actually, I know a lot of ladies have luck w/ this and couldn't live without it to counter their redness....however, I did not care for it at all. I pressed mine and use it as an all-over eye shadow).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Toughie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It depends on how you use it.

I dust this over my foundation for a "dewy" look. I It also makes a pretty nice eyeshadow.

I acually pressed this powder myself and I find it more convenient.

In pressed form, I think it's more pigmented. Provides more coverage. And free of powdery messes.

You gotta be creative ladies. ;)

(Ofcourse I wolld never buy this. Just finding a way to use up the sample. Makeup should never go to waste! lol)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tigafer

i bought this concealer because i had previously tried the regular mint concealer in a sample kit and absolutely loved it. why i didn't buy the regular one i don't know.
eager to see what it was like i tried it as soon as i got it, and first i just put it on my nose because thats where i get the most red. UGHH it made me so shiny, but i thought id dust it over the rest of my face and then just cover it in my foundation to see if it went away...
i looked like i was made out of metal or something, i looked seriously scary. i could've used it for halloween or something.
this concealer does nothing for me, and i really wish id bought the full size of the regular mint concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why did I order this? Lucky it was free in my sample kit because I'd be 10x more disappointed if I had paid for it! Why this is classified as a concealer I'll never know... It has so much shimmery sheen in it that you risk looking like a shiny martian! I tried to apply it with my kabuki to neutralize redness but I'm either applying too much or it's a poor product because it looked terrible. It was a mess. It was not subtle and did not do much for my redness! I immediately washed it off. On the upside, this makes a pretty cool eyeshadow! I hope that someone else can provide a more positive review with a few application tips. Sorry EM but for me, this product = Epic Fail.