April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 5 Pieces Brush Set (Mineral Makeup)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best brushes i have ever used.. and the cheapest ones too! i love this set and i think i had bought this four times already! soft bristles!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply the softest, best-shaped, and cheapest brushes around! Why would anyone buy any other brushes?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this set! So cute and so soft. The brushes are so well made and they looks nice too! The brushes are densely packed and the little bag it comes in is so light and perfect :) best travel brushes ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ataylor1326

Another product I absolutely love! A good, clean, soft brush is always key to a flawless coverage with Loose or pressed powders.
Earth Friendly Beauty

Natural & Recycled Materials
Reusable Storage Pouch
Bamboo Handle Has a Low Impact on the Earth's Resources as it is a Highly Sustainable Plant
Synthetic Taklon Bristles are 100% Cruelty Free
2. Eye shadow brush
3. Angled eyeliner brush
4. Lash and brow brush
5. Concealer brush
Absolutely fantastic and at a great price!
Questions and comments welcome :)
-Alexis Taylor

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyqy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can use this forever! All the brushes last forever! I will buy them again since they are so long lasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Honestly, for the price, this is really amazing. I bought this for emergency purposes. And the brushes are so soft and nice, really worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These brushes are fantastic. I can't believe how good they are for the price! I bought this set because I needed to replace my crappy concealer brush and powder brush. The Ecotools versions of these are amazing. I wouldn't change them if I could. Love the baby kabuki too - it's not bad for blush because its a bit denser than the powder brush. The eye brush is lovely too.

All of the brushes are super soft and I haven't seen a single hair fall from them. They seem to be good quality so I doubt they would need replacing, but YES I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really love these. I've tried tons of brushes and always come back to ecotools. I barely wear any makeup anymore (just simple bb cream, powder, one eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara) so I got rid of all my brushes and bought this set since its really all I need. They're mini but not hard to use because of that. They're very soft and feel high quality, barely shed at all too. They are very affordable, around $10-$12. For beginners, or people who don't wear a bunch of makeup, or just for traveling, these are great. I got mine on iherb.com, you can use this code GWT337 for up to $10 off your order.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, I love the fact that these use recycled aluminium and bamboo. And the bristles are so soft and not one of the 15 or so that I own have shed! Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a use for every brush in this set.

The powder brush I find is good for blush, because it's not completely round. It has somewhat of a 'flattened' shape that lets me contour a little bit too.

The mini kabuki brush is just that - I haven't been able to find a use for it yet because it is so mini.

The eyeshadow brush is too big for my monolids. The product would just get everywhere, but I actually find this perfect for powdering my lips whenever I want to mattify a creme look (which is quite often now).

As for the concealer brush, I find the one that comes with the 6 pc brush set is better but this one is also good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

1. The supposedly "blush" brush is way too big for blush - it's just a tad smaller than the RT blush brush, which as we all know is massive, and it's about twice the size of the blush brushes I'd usually use. I'd say it's more of a powder brush and in fact this is the brush I carry with me to touch up on my powder, and I think it works very well for that.
2. The baby kabuki brush is too fluffy to buff in foundations properly. I used it both for mineral powder foundations and for liquid foundations, and while you can make do with it if you have to, it ideally should be denser and firmer. It is just too flimsy. (A great alternative is the Everyday Minerals baby flat top brush, which is fab for buffing anything in!)
3. The concealer brush is fine, just a regular old concealer brush, nothing to write home about.
4. The blending eyeshadow brush is a bit too big for my hooded eyes with not so much lid space, so I can't use it but it would probably be better for other people. It's also ok for buffing in concealer under the eyes, which is what I ended up using it for, but it's a bit too fluffy for that purpose.
IN CONCLUSION, the bristles are soft and don't shed and this kit may come in handy when travelling, but I feel like the design is not ideal for what these brushes are meant to be used for.