September 17, 2014 | 1048 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by leighmegb

Great for my ombré bleached hair. My ends get very dry and tangly, and this oil takes care of that. It also smells incredible! A bit expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Katjushaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I apologize for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. But I'll try my best.

After 9 months use of Moroccan oil, I think that I can give you all my honest opinion.
On the website, I got a 50% discount on the products, so I chose the Moroccan oil.
After the regular price I previously would never have chosen the product. Now I think differently.

For 100 ml of Moroccan oil I paid € 20, which I think is an excellent investment. I think that I will have oil for at least 4 months before it completely consumed it. I have a long bob hairstyle for about 2 years.

Let me start with the smell-it is great. I can not describe the smell, but it's wonderful.
The texture of the oil is smooth, yellow, and not heavy. I only need 2 pumps.
It makes the hair shiny, fragrant and eliminates dryness of the tips soooooo god!!

It will not eliminate split ends. WILL NOT! I do not have split ends because I'm trying to take care of my hair better than I used to.
Apply the oil only to the tip of the hair, not the scalp. Otherwise the hair will be greasy and you will need to re-washed hair. After use my hair is shiny, hydrated, and I believe that truly helps to maintain healthy hair.

I suggest to all who have split ends:

* Trim destroyed hair ends (I think that there is no product that can magically repair split ends).

* Buy hair products with quality (appropriate shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and appropriate hair brush). Products should be suitable for your hair type!!

* Reduce blow drying your hair.

* Take vitamins, especially biotin, yeast, and the B complex. All this helps your skin and nails too.

I hope that reading was not too difficult, once again I apologize for spelling mistakes. This product is definitely one of my top 2 products, so I advise you to try it at least at the hairdresser and then decide it for yourself.

God bless!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing wrong with this hair treatment oil. It adds moisture and slip, offers heat protection, and protects ends. I've tried a few other silicone-oil hybrid serums, and while I don't really have any major complaints about Moroccan Oil, I will not replace my bottle once I use it up. My biggest complaint is that the oil is quite heavy and does not suit my fine but dense hair as well as a lighter-bodied oil, such as Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil. This is not the MO's fault and does not make it a bad product - it's simply not right for me. The serum is quite viscous, almost like warm honey or castor oil, and it always leaves my palms greasy no matter how little I use. I only ever apply this to the ends of my mid-back length hair, damp or dry, as a protection against mechanical damage (brushing, putting up in clips, dragging across my pillow at night), and it does the job just as well as any other silicone-oil serum on the market, and therein lies the "meh" factor for me. I get equally satisfactory results with less greasiness and significantly fewer dollars spent from L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-Sleek product, which has a much lighter body and a scent I prefer. I bought my MO when it was pretty new to the market and I was very happy with the results, but now that I've found a product that better meets my needs, I don't need to rely on MO anymore. It does look pretty on my shelf, although I would have appreciated a pump top on my glass bottle. I can take or leave the scent, but many/most people seem to love it - I'd describe it as very sweet, milky-nutty, and vaguely "exotic." The scent lasts for hours but stays pretty close to my hair.

FWIW, the closest product I've found to MO in terms of performance is Bumble & bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, which also has a thicker, heavier texture, and a fragrance that is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit. I imagine they cost about the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Smells amaaaazing and makes my hair feel stronger. I put about 3 pumps in my hair after a shower. I have very long but not the thickest hair and it doesn't weigh it down. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing and lives up to the hype.

Yes, a bit expensive and yes, maybe it's a 'rare' resource in Morocco but hey life is too short. I bought this for $38 off Amazon, didn't like it at first, tried it again a year later, did it right this time. Don't apply on hair that's too wet nor too dry. I usually wrap my hair up in a towel for 20 minutes and then comb it through, apply a dime sized amount on my bust length hair, comb through again and blow dry out.

Before this product, I was heaping tons of stuff in my hair. From volumizers, root lifters, heat protectants, shine glosses, shine sprays, you name it! All that gunk in my hair!

This replaces all. Acts as a heat protectant. Fortifies hair. Makes it shiney without being greasy. Strengthens the cuticle.

HG Hair styling product. You need to use a good conditioner though for max effect. I like Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail hair product, this oil completely saved m hair! My hair was in a pretty poor state after years of dying and heat damage and this oil has bought it back to life, it's a miracle worker! I bought the small size in the light version and it has lasted me so long, I'm about half way through the bottle and I got it about 4 months ago, I use it every time I wash my hair! It is quite expensive but for me it is worth it, will defiantly be repurchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Wow, talk about an expensive hair oil! I love it though. The smell is a vanilla musk, as mentioned in other reviews. I personally love that scent. It's strong at first, but dissipates rather quickly for me. Makes my hair FREAKIN' SOFT. And I never have soft hair!! I don't think it calms down the frizz dramatically, but it does an okay job at that. My hair feels soft and looks pretty shiny from this stuff. Expensive, yes. But it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by carolina93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros-
- Made my hair feel more nourished
-Intensified my hair colour
-Doesn't leave my hair feeling or looking oily
-Only a small amount of the product is needed

Cons-
- Expensive
- Didn't reduce hair frizz

I like to us this product to nourish my hair. However to reduce frizz this product isn't great. To reduce frizz i use the curly hair 'loc' method using unrefined coconut oil and my Shea Moisture curl and style milk which works wonders.

Mixture of 3c/4a hair

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a rather expensive oil, but personally I think it is worth it.

I have very fine baby thin hair...so soft and easily tangle after every shampoo. I have tried numerous products but this is the only one that could give me a near 100% satisfaction, if only the price could be cheaper. Having said that, I would still keep purchasing just because it works for me.

I only have to use a little bit after my shampoo and let my hair air dry and it just detangle the end without much fuzz... and I love the smell. Actually I am using the whole line of Morrocanoil, the shampoo, conditioner, mask and I found that they are all good products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good for fine/ dry hair, my hair is blonde and learned the hard way that I needed to purchase the 'light' version, I use it every day and I use it as an intense treatment at night before washing the next morning.