July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing wrong with this hair treatment oil. It adds moisture and slip, offers heat protection, and protects ends. I've tried a few other silicone-oil hybrid serums, and while I don't really have any major complaints about Moroccan Oil, I will not replace my bottle once I use it up. My biggest complaint is that the oil is quite heavy and does not suit my fine but dense hair as well as a lighter-bodied oil, such as Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil. This is not the MO's fault and does not make it a bad product - it's simply not right for me. The serum is quite viscous, almost like warm honey or castor oil, and it always leaves my palms greasy no matter how little I use. I only ever apply this to the ends of my mid-back length hair, damp or dry, as a protection against mechanical damage (brushing, putting up in clips, dragging across my pillow at night), and it does the job just as well as any other silicone-oil serum on the market, and therein lies the "meh" factor for me. I get equally satisfactory results with less greasiness and significantly fewer dollars spent from L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-Sleek product, which has a much lighter body and a scent I prefer. I bought my MO when it was pretty new to the market and I was very happy with the results, but now that I've found a product that better meets my needs, I don't need to rely on MO anymore. It does look pretty on my shelf, although I would have appreciated a pump top on my glass bottle. I can take or leave the scent, but many/most people seem to love it - I'd describe it as very sweet, milky-nutty, and vaguely "exotic." The scent lasts for hours but stays pretty close to my hair.

FWIW, the closest product I've found to MO in terms of performance is Bumble & bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, which also has a thicker, heavier texture, and a fragrance that is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit. I imagine they cost about the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Smells amaaaazing and makes my hair feel stronger. I put about 3 pumps in my hair after a shower. I have very long but not the thickest hair and it doesn't weigh it down. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing and lives up to the hype.

Yes, a bit expensive and yes, maybe it's a 'rare' resource in Morocco but hey life is too short. I bought this for $38 off Amazon, didn't like it at first, tried it again a year later, did it right this time. Don't apply on hair that's too wet nor too dry. I usually wrap my hair up in a towel for 20 minutes and then comb it through, apply a dime sized amount on my bust length hair, comb through again and blow dry out.

Before this product, I was heaping tons of stuff in my hair. From volumizers, root lifters, heat protectants, shine glosses, shine sprays, you name it! All that gunk in my hair!

This replaces all. Acts as a heat protectant. Fortifies hair. Makes it shiney without being greasy. Strengthens the cuticle.

HG Hair styling product. You need to use a good conditioner though for max effect. I like Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail hair product, this oil completely saved m hair! My hair was in a pretty poor state after years of dying and heat damage and this oil has bought it back to life, it's a miracle worker! I bought the small size in the light version and it has lasted me so long, I'm about half way through the bottle and I got it about 4 months ago, I use it every time I wash my hair! It is quite expensive but for me it is worth it, will defiantly be repurchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Wow, talk about an expensive hair oil! I love it though. The smell is a vanilla musk, as mentioned in other reviews. I personally love that scent. It's strong at first, but dissipates rather quickly for me. Makes my hair FREAKIN' SOFT. And I never have soft hair!! I don't think it calms down the frizz dramatically, but it does an okay job at that. My hair feels soft and looks pretty shiny from this stuff. Expensive, yes. But it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by carolina93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros-
- Made my hair feel more nourished
-Intensified my hair colour
-Doesn't leave my hair feeling or looking oily
-Only a small amount of the product is needed

Cons-
- Expensive
- Didn't reduce hair frizz

I like to us this product to nourish my hair. However to reduce frizz this product isn't great. To reduce frizz i use the curly hair 'loc' method using unrefined coconut oil and my Shea Moisture curl and style milk which works wonders.

Mixture of 3c/4a hair

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a rather expensive oil, but personally I think it is worth it.

I have very fine baby thin hair...so soft and easily tangle after every shampoo. I have tried numerous products but this is the only one that could give me a near 100% satisfaction, if only the price could be cheaper. Having said that, I would still keep purchasing just because it works for me.

I only have to use a little bit after my shampoo and let my hair air dry and it just detangle the end without much fuzz... and I love the smell. Actually I am using the whole line of Morrocanoil, the shampoo, conditioner, mask and I found that they are all good products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good for fine/ dry hair, my hair is blonde and learned the hard way that I needed to purchase the 'light' version, I use it every day and I use it as an intense treatment at night before washing the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by nmills81

This is a hair saver!!!! My hair is fine, thin and oily and this product does not weigh it down...it's simply amazing...very light weight and is such an excellent product to use on damaged hair to repair it....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nope nope nope NOPE. My hair hated this product, everyone practically worships this stuff and i'd heard really great things about it, and I was in the market for a hair oil. So I decided to get a little tiny bottle from my work and try it out. Worst thing ever. It did not leave my hair feeling soft or hydrating, instead the ends looked even drier than they originally had, and my hair would get oily after like a day of use. I know how to use these products, amount wise and how to dispense it through your hair and everything, so it wasn't me putting it on wrong. I never felt like this really absorbed in my hair very well, I tried the regular and the light version and neither of them made a difference, I felt like it just coated my hair instead of actually absorbing into my hair..
The only thing I did like about this product was the packaging was pretty decent, I know the bigger sizes come with pumps which is pretty nifty. And the little bottles are okay to carry around with you too. The smell was also fantastic, kind of like vanilla. I liked it.
But the actual product just didn't work for me, I was really disappointed because I really wanted to like it!