Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 2/8/2015 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this stuff. Tried them all and this is the best. Makes my hair smooth & healthy. Worth the cost

on 2/6/2015 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this product because a hairdresser recommended it after I got highlights done.
This product is expensive for a hair oil. Especially for the amount you get. I ran out of this fairly quickly. This oil didn't do much for my hair. If I used a little bit it didn't tame frizz or soften my ends. If I used a lot it made my hair incredibly greasy and dull looking. It never made my hair limp however. I could never find a balance. I also dislike that this doesn't come in a pump. It's hard to control the amount of product you get each use.
I will say though, the Moroccanoil Oil smells really good!

on 1/16/2015 5:47:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I have long, colour treated hair which is fine, oily at the roots and dry at the ends. For years my hair felt coarse and frizzy and no amount of deep conditioner, serum or natural oils made any difference. Fed up, I thought I would give this stuff a try and I am so happy I did!

I was a bit shocked at the price, it cost about £30 but it was quite a large bottle. It feels like a silicone serum, much like any other, but this made my hair bouncy, smooth, light and shiny. Strangely, I can use a lot of this and it doesn't make my hair look oily or heavy unlike other serums. I put it on wet hair, comb it through with a fine tooth comb and smooth it with my fingertips before blow drying. Afterwards I add a bit more for good measure.

Make sure you buy from a salon and not online as there are fakes out there. Also try pure Argan oil, it is really good as a treatment.

on 1/11/2015 4:06:00 PM

I was advised to buy Moroccanoil for my hair extensions- because they're real human hair but are no longer receiving any nutrients the hair can become really dry and tatty if you don't look after them, my technician swore by this stuff for keeping them conditioned.
She was right of course it is a massive help, since having them out I've continued to use it occasionally on my own hair- the best thing about this product is it smells fit, like seriously delicious smelling and you can use it on wet or dry hair so it's versatile.

It is very expensive, the cheapest I found it was £30 for 100ml on ebay, it has lasted ages tho, I'm about 3/4 through the bottle and I've had it maybe a year, you don't have to use a lot as it goes far.

*TIP wash your hair in the evening but instead of normal conditioner work a generous dollop of Moroccanoil through towel dried hair from roots to tips, pop on a shower cap and then a bonnet or a Velcro- wrap towel over the top to keep the heat from your head on the hair (this keeps the cuticles open so the oil can get into the hair shaft) leave it in overnight and rinse out the next morning for gorgeous soft hair- it might need a little shampoo if your hair is naturally greasy but the condition will still be improved
Xx

on 12/1/2014 8:13:00 AM

My hair is thick asian hair which I have chosen not to 'layer' or thin out (as want to grow out the layers), so after washing, it has the tendency to frizz out and I end up looking like a cocker spaniel! Also I blow dry my hair (don't like the feeling of it drying naturally) and straighten the ends to control my frizz. So I needed something desperately to help tame/calm my hair! Like many users, I bought this product after the many raves in the reviews here. I was definitely not disappointed!

I bought this from hair house warehouse (for those in Australia, I think they are also stocked at Price attack and most hairdressers) for $50. I took a lippie off due to the price, I wish it was a bit cheaper!

But for the price, I feel like the product definitely works. After washing my hair, I wait till my hair is almost dry, but still damp. At first I was a bit stingy with how much I used, but now my routine is 2 pumps to start with around my whole head, 1 pump on my left hand hair tips, and 1 pump on my right hand hair tips. Then, I start blowdrying, and the magic begins. My hair, whole blowdrying feels so SOFT and tangle free which never happens! Once dry, my hair is transformed! It is soft, not frizzy and in a weird way, sleek like those hair models on TV advertisements. It is bizarre that my hair can be like this! It could just be the amount of oil I am using, however I feel like the feeling carries onto the next day.

The smell is delicious by the way, my hair smells very salon-y (in a good way)!

Also, I've tried putting this on my dry hair and don't like it as much as putting it in damp hair, as I find you have to really work it in to get rid of that 'oil' feeling.

on 11/10/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I honestly brought this purely for the hype. I'm not even sure what it actually did for my hair.
It smelt great, it didn't weigh my hair down but that is pretty much all I can say.
I didn't notice any improvements in my hair. I have finished my bottle of Moroccan Oil and I have since started using baby oil in my hair every morning and have been getting so many people asking me about my hair and getting so many flattering compliments.

on 11/5/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my moroccan oil, I can't do without it. I first started using it about a year ago when I saw it in my mother's cupboard and decided to steal a bit and see if it was worth the buy. I have very long, thick, wavy hair that can become very dry at the ends and frizzy if it doesn't get its nightly dose of moroccan oil. Since using it I just don't have these problems anymore and I am constantly asked what products I use on my hair to make it look so healthy and soft. Before moroccan oil I was using something called Oil of Marrakesh, which was a good product but nowhere near as good as this one. I would say give it a go if you suffer from dry hair, it will help it look healthy without the greasy or feel heavy that some oils leave you with. Also, it smells divine, which my partner could also attest to, considering the amount of times I've caught him casually sniffing my hair.

on 11/4/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product is meh. Nothing special. Overpriced and a bit hyped for what it is. First off, this isn't an "oil"....it's a serum. For those of you whith curly hair wisdom. You know you cannot slather silicones on curls....oil yes...silicones no no. Going along with the hype, even though I knew better. Alas! Yep....and like the silicone laden serum this is, it pulled out every single curl I had and left me with a soft, poofy, frizzy mass atop my head. KeyWord "soft"...I guess. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't even add that much shine? Smells rather nice though. On straightened hair it works as fine as any other serum. Nothing life changing. Ummm, I'm seriously curious to why this stuff is so popular when there are hella better legit "oils" on the market? Bamboozled lately?

on 10/31/2014 12:28:00 AM

I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and it smells amazing! A very tiny bit goes a long way for me so it lasts forever. I only use this on the ends of my hair and it cuts down my blow drying time. I have highlighted somewhat damaged ends and this product is a life saver! I would definitely repurchase again even though it is on the pricier side.

on 10/5/2014 3:20:00 PM

This is definitely the gold standard of hair oils. I have tried a lot of similar products from high end to low, including Fekkai Glossing Crème, Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil, John Frieda Frizz Ease, and Proclaim Glossing Polish and nothing works like Moroccan Oil. I have shoulder length, thick, highlighted hair and about a dime-sized amount of Moroccan Oil leaves it incredibly soft and smooth. Other products I’ve tried have been ok, but they either don’t smooth enough or they leave my hair oily and greasy. Moroccan Oil is probably one of the priciest options, but it delivers real results, which I think makes it worth it. You can usually find small trial size bottles for a reasonable price, so it doesn’t cost much to try it and see if it works for you, I think you’ll be happy with the results.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products