December 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Powder - Almay - Pure Blends Mineral Makeup Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by pamiann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot BELIEVE the reviews here. I am a serious cosmetic junkie and research everything in great detail before buying it. This product is AWESOME, since I've been wearing it I have received numerous comments about how flawless my skin looks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is horrible. I bought a color that should have matched my skin perfectly and it was a dark orange. It's almost impossible to get the powder out of the tube onto the brush without making a huge mess. The application was blotchy and uneven. Overall just a total mess. Not impressed. Used it one time and threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by carolinecaz

I've been using this mineral foundation for 2 years now. It gives me good coverage, hasn't caused breakouts (which I'm very prone to) like other foundations. A little goes a long way, so very economical. It gives a good natural look. Many people use mineral foundations now, and this particular foundation is extremely convenient for on-the-go touchups in comparison to other mineral foundations, because you don't need to fiddle around with a brush in one hand and foundation in the other.

My main problems with this foundation is it's not very good if you tend to develop oily skin during the day, because reapplying it does not reduce alot of shine. The brush isn't very good quality, but it does the job...however, you can't wash it...so that's a downside to having it attach to the foundation. One more thing that isn't very good is that the button that controls the release of foundation has no lock, so you need to be careful when you've got it in your handbag or purse because you might end up with a brush overloaded with foundation. To solve this problem, I keep the plastic cap that goes over the button when you first buy it.

I think it looks like I have more cons than pros, but the cons are mainly to do with the design of the packaging...not the product, which in itself is very good and well-priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is totally stupid. Luckily, it was given to me as a throw-away by my mom who didn't like it either and thought I should try it before just totally giving up.

I think the main problem is the packaging. Like others have said, the brush just is not efficient for actually building up any product for any real coverage. I just use it as a setting powder over my foundation because it's convenient. I've tried it alone on my face and it looked like I wasn't wearing anything. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing- I like the natural look as much as anyone else!- if it covered my imperfections. But it just literally looked like I was not wearing makeup. I have an empty Bare Minerals container, maybe I'll try emptying the product into a container and using a better brush. Glad I got it for free.

**UPDATE: I unscrewed this awful container and put the powder into a sifter. HUGE difference when you use this stuff with a better brush, oy! With a nicer, more even application with a kabuki brush, it was pretty nice. I noticed more of a shimmery-glow to this, which I liked, but perhaps someone older may not appreciate it.

I did notice, however, you really don't get that much product for the price. After it was only used maybe a total of 5 times, I emptied it into an empty Bare Minerals container and it was only about 1/3 full. I read on another site that this foundation by the ounce is actually closer in price to BM- you just get less of it in the container at the drugstore, so it's sold at a lower price. Overall, I'd say there is still a better drugstore mineral powder out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ARiggs

I like this mineral makeup powder as an addition to my foundation. I don't ever use powders as my sole foundation anyway because they are too dry by themselves; however this works great as a touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by wildimportgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: I think Almay has one of the best drugstore mineral foundation. This has a smooth and sheer finish, it makes my skin look flawless yet it is very natural. This foundation doesn't settle into my pores and it doesn't seem to melt off my skin in a hot summer day (I live in So. Cal)

Cons: It is actually quite expensive for a drugstore foundation. It is $13 for only 0.1 oz of product. Also, the packaging is horrible!! The brush is soft but too flimsy. There is no way to effectively use it. The Press-n-dispence mechanism is just bullsh!t~ It is so stupid. Either you don't get anything or you get a puff of mineral everywhere. However, it is a breeze to transfer this to a sifter jar,just unscrew and pour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by nessamonti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can believe this product has so many bad reviews! I love, love, love, love this powder! I bought this for about $3 in Walgreens, and I'm so glad! I like the brush, I like the covererage, everything! I highly recomend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't find the reviews for the pure blends bronzer, so I will post my review here. I bought the almay sunkissed pure blends bronzer because of the fact that the ingredient list was just right. I love that organic makeup is making it's way to the market being paraben and alcohol free. However, organic makeup has a LONG way to go....

First of all, the packaging is worthless. The brush is useless for bronzer application, but I was expecting that. The palette that they place the bronzer on is not ideal. You cannot dip your brush in the bronzer and tap off the excess without making a huge mess. Secondly, the color and application were awful. The color was too orange and did not blend well AT ALL. Of course, I tried to add more to help blend it more and I ended up looking like a clown. It was not a pretty sight. It was also very, very splotchy and brought out spots where I dotted on concealer and made those spots look super dark. So all in all, I did NOT like this product at all, however, I am happy that companies such as Almay are at least trying to place an organic line of makeup out there.....they just need to find out ways to make it look better and allow the makeup to blend easier.

The up side to this disaster was that the bronzer included a free eyeshadow which was super pretty and held well all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Worst stuff everrrrr. Doesn't compare to any of the mineral foundations I've tried and has far too much shimmer in it. Disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by lwilli24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could not believe the negative products on this product! I have used bare minerals (after that fiasco I had to run to the dermatologist and was prescribed an oral antibiotic AND topical antibiotic to get rid of the cystic ance and trillion blackheads that stuff gave me). Pur Minerals made my face feel like an oil slick. So...after my face cleared I gave the Almay Brand Minerals a try. LOVED IT! Mineral make[up in general is not supposed to be full coverage. So I just use my bare minerals conceler brush where I need a little more. I am not crazy about how the make up squirts out in a plume of smoke..but I remedied that by just tapping the side into the top of one of my old Bare minerals lids. Tap gently- the product comes out just fine. My complexion looks soooo much better, and I would not trade it for the more expensive stuff. I will definately continue to buy this makeup. This makeup stays on my face for the longest time also...so I am very happy with this product!