February 28, 2015 | 1828 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2015 6:40:00 PM More reviews by aimeet1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A few months ago my skin became very oily, and as a result my makeup was splitting within a couple of hours (despite the formula or the use of setting powder). I choose this after the millions of rave reviews.

For the first few uses I was getting a split liquid, despite shaking the bottle until my arms fell off. Once it finally mixed itself, it is a silky white substance which goes on very easily. The problem is, it feels greasy to me. I have tried using my fingers, buffing it in with a brush...I just can't make it work. No matter how much I try it doesn't control oil. My make up still splits after a few hours, so whats the point?

USE: 1 full pump is definitely too much for me. It makes me look extremely matte, so I suggest you try half a pump first off.

PRICE: 54 GBP in the UK....for a 1oz primer. (Although I see Sephora have it priced at C$60.)

PACKAGING: A sleek glass bottle, although I have had it leak in a drawer once so I would say keep it stood upright. (It's too expensive to waste.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2015 2:01:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received a deluxe sample of this and it lasted me quite a while, actually. I did not like it. It left my skin feeling a bit greasy and really didn't differentiate itself from primers that cost much less.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2015 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Does nothing that you won't find in any other silicone primer. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than anything else I've used, but I will say I like the creamy texture this has. It feels more like a moisturizer than a primer.

It didn't help with my oily skin, and I don't think the SPF is high enough to do any real good.

For the price, it's definitely not worth it and I ended up having to return it after a couple of weeks. *sigh*

I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2015 2:24:00 AM More reviews by abbyelizabethxo

I've never really been the type of girl to spend loads of money on make up products, expensive face moisturizers etc but as I've gotten a tad older I've noticed my skin has changed a lot and it really does pay off to spend a bit more and try products until you get it right.. I've only ever used 1 primer and it was horrible so was put off I only used it for about 3 weeks and ditched the primer all together thinking that's what all primers did to your face, I had a change of heart recently and so I went on the hunt for some new primer and I told the SA that I wanted something that wasn't going to make my face shiny and greasy and she gave me a generous sample of this wonderful stuff!! It is so creamy and velvety and just delicious! The texture and the feel of the stuff is amazing but what it does for your face is even better, my make up stayed on all day and didn't turn greasy and shiny which it ALWAYS does, its made my foundation sit so much nicer on my face and this primer has made me feel like i'm barely even wearing make up because its so nice and light on your face.. I absolutely love this stuff and will definitely be re-purchasing and would recommend anyone or any skin type to try this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Sasha4099

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation primer I have ever purchased or used. I have used/purchased primers by Bareminerals, Revlon, Laura Mercier, Clinique and Sally's. This one makes my skin look flawless. My pores all but disappear. It is very pricey. So, if you are thinking about buying, go to Sephora or another store and ask for a sample first. If after sampling it, you want to purchase it, opt for the largest bottle (tube). It is $72 but you get twice as much product as the 1 oz bottle that costs over $45. So, it makes more economic sense if you think you will continue to use the product. You will save almost $20 in the long run. IJS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2015 6:39:00 AM More reviews by louisaod

love it find it a little expensive but seeing it comes in different sizes makes it more affordable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2015 1:28:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I first tried this about a year ago as a sample and concluded then that it was too rich/ moisturizing/ greasy for my combination skin. Fast forward to now. I pulled this sample out again as I have been trying new primers because my old standby was not getting the job done. My skin has gone from combo to closer to normal as I have aged a bit.

I applied the primer over moisturizer, waited and put on my foundation. Yowza! Did I ever look good. I felt like I'd been photoshopped with one of those glowy filters that makes you look younger. I gave it a few hours , and it did not break bad on me. I was afraid I'd be an oil slick by noon and was not.

This may be the best primer I've used, and I've used a lot- Laura Mercier, Lorac, Smashbox, Lancome and a few others.

I recommend this for those with normal to dry skin, particularly those with aging skin. This made my makeup more luminous and it resisted settling into those fine lines. If you have oily or combo skin you should skip this product or use it only on your non- oily areas.

My rating on the packaging is meaningless. I used a sample. Unfortunatey MUA makes us rate it. Likewise the price tho since it is Hourglass I assume it is pricey.

I am very happy I gave this a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2015 3:41:00 PM More reviews by haylsgram

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer makes my foundation last all day! However it doesn't do much else. I like to use benefit professional under neath it. Great combo. A little too pricey though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2015 8:35:00 PM More reviews by viciousvices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the travel sized version to test it out after hearing rave reviews by Youtubers I love. I've used this every so often for about a month now, with different foundations, and I'm barely halfway into it. A pump can cover most of my face. I have combo skin.

*Price: High. Its a luxury brand so it's understandable.
*Packaging: Gorgeous glass bottle that really feels expensive. I love the pump and the fact that you can see how much product you have left. I imagine it'll break if it's dropped, though.
*Product: Feels so light and smooth, it's white but doesn't blend out clear. It kinda goes pearlescent? It's hard to explain. Doesn't have a strong smell from what I remember. It melts into the skin pretty nicely and hasn't broken me out.
*Positives: It does prolong the wear of my foundations, from the thicker, matte formulas to the sheer, dewy ones. It keeps blush and bronzer from fading and feels like nothing on the skin. I did notice that it helped hide my pores - not completely, but it did help some.
*Negatives: Did not control my oils. I have an extremely oily nose that I did not expect it to help at all, but my forehead and cheeks do get a little shiny during the day, and it did nothing to prevent that.

It feels luxurious and is great for some people, but didn't wow me enough to make me want to repurchase. I'm sure I can find a better primer that suits my skin's needs. I'm glad I don't love it, to be honest, because that price tag is insane!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2015 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Aprial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin type with oily T zone. I purchased the travel size a month ago to test out the product and I am so glad I did.

The primer is very runny and often seems separated, I shake it as well as I could before application, but it's still very runny. I normally apply a basic moisturizer first, then the primer, it glides on my skin nicely and it does keep the T zone matte, but it drys out my skin quite a bit as well, especially on my cheeks. I don't like the finish on me at all.

If you have really oily skin, this primer maybe suite you better. I will not repurchase. For the price, there must be something else work better for me.