September 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Deodorants - PerspireX

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Lukascore

I used to sweat so bad that I couldnt even wear a coat when it rained in winter because I would sweat so much! I also spent most of last year (even winter) in tank tops because I thought it was the only way to reduce my sweating. I had been using the Sure Tri-Solid roll on which did not work one bit for me - I was sweating before I had even got the bus. My sister had been using this for a while and I'd never thought to ask about it so bought it when I was out one day. After a very uncomfortable night (the product itches like mad!) I woke to find....dry underarms? Yes, my underarms were completely dry and only when I went to work which required a shirt that I started to sweat, but only a normal amount! I suggest to anyone with sweat problems to use this because it really does make a difference

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

I haven't really had wet underarms after using this. That says a lot when it's always hot, sunny and 33 degrees. It does cause some severe itchiness though so I only apply the thinnest layer for 1-2 times a week to prevent that. It works for sweaty scalps too. Lifesaver.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by JoanneM9727

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING!!! I have a sweating issue as my office is not air conditioned properly. As I have daily meetings and presentations, this has proved very embarrassing. I have tried all brands and been totes disappointed.

Anyway, used this for first time on Thursday. I stupidly shaved my armpits before application so was awake most of the night. However, it was so worth it! I didn't use deodorant on Friday morning so was apprehensive about a hot day at the office.

However, I was not disappointed as my armpits were bone dry. I went out with friends straight after work to a beer garden in 90 degrees and still no sweat!

Not only is PerspireX worth every penny, it will also preclude ruined clothing and save me a fortune. Highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Perspirex now for about a month and I really think it's a fantastic product. I would definitely recommend. However during my first week of using it I absolutely hated it. Although the results were great from day one and continued to improve, I found it very, very difficult to tolerate the itchy, burny, sensation. It irritated my underarms to the point where my skin looked quite sore and red. My skin didn't peel or crack or bleed at all, it was just quite tender and sore. Initially it is recommended that you use the product once nightly (for the first week), one swipe up, one swipe down on each arm, but after reading several peoples reviews about burning & itchiness I decided to use to it every other night instead and have continued applying it in this way at least 3 - 4 times a week. As time has gone on I am not reacting to this product as much as I did initially so I have no problems using it anymore, therefore I would recommend that new users persevere with this until the initial itchy / burny phase passes (if experienced at all).

As for the results, it does exactly what it says on the tin - faultless! You can use deodorant of a morning alongside this product but I have stopped using deodorant all together. I am a meticulous, hygiene freak and I can't stand BO. The main reason I wanted to try this product was because I didn't feel like regular deodorants were as effective as I needed them to be, but also because I was sick to death of white marks on my black clothes from deodorant stains. I therefore use Perspirex instead of deodorant and this is a great and much cheaper substitute. I would buy a can of deodorant probably every three weeks whereas I can see a bottle of this lasting me at least another 4 months. I no longer sweat under my arms and body odour, WHAT body odour? At the end of the day, even in the middle of a sticky British summer, even straight after a gym session, I still sniff both underarms in disbelief as there is absolutely no body odour what so ever.

The only thing I would like to emphasise is to not use a lot of this product, you don't need to and you're not advised to because excessive amounts can cause irritation. When you apply the product make sure your skin is bone dry, I always press a clean, dry towel or flannel under each armpit to make sure it's totally dry. Any moisture / wetness will cause irritation as water reacts with the key ingredient in the product to create a mild acid. I was sweating out of sheer nervousness when I first used the product as I was so worried that I would sweat after I had applied it and I'd wake up to find a chunk of flesh missing from my arm!!! Please do not panic! If you're very worried then apply once every two days as I have done and just remember that in the first week or so there will be some irritation, it is unpleasant, and it did initially keep me from getting to sleep, but that did pass. I found that sleeping with the duvet in-between my arm pits (15 minutes or so after I'd applied the product so it was obviously quite dry and well absorbed by this point) helped keep the itching at bay. Lastly, do not apply on the same day as shaving as the skin is so sensitive, the product could cause a lot of discomfort. Wait 24 hours. I've never applied on the same day as shaving / waxing / epilating but it is advised to wait at least 48 hours after doing this before applying. I've always found 24 hours to be more than sufficient.

I have given this 4 stars because even though my skin is no longer really irritated by this product, I did find it difficult to stick with it initially because the irritation was quite bad, however the results are amazing and I will definitely continue with this product well into the foreseeable future.

Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., aluminium lactate, aluminium chloride, cyclopentasiloxane, glyceryl stearate, cetyl palmitate, hydrogenated microcrystalline wax, hydrogenated castor oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I'm not someone who has excessive sweating like some of the other reviewers (well, sometimes with the forehead and back due to nerves, but I haven't applied to my back and wouldn't apply to my forehead or face at all), but I like the convenience of not having to wear deodorant. This product feels god-awful when you first apply it at night, however, once you get into the routine of using it, the sensation of itchy/tingling gets less abrasive. Just to compare - I am someone who uses extremely hot tingle tanning lotions and I still find that Perspirex has one of the worst tingle/itch sensations ever. Now the thing is, Perspirex absolutely works. 100% efficacy. I find that after doing it nightly for a week, I am able to switch it up to about one a week or so and keep the effect going (mind you, I do not sweat excessively). Aside from the sensation, Perspirex is about as effective as deodorants will get.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Concealergeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using perspirex for years. It changed my life. When I was still leaving in Madrid I was limited to wear white t-shirts in summer and have replacements at work and in the car. Perspirex makes you sweat like a normal person, not a shower. I use it every 4 nights and wait 1 if I have waxed. I would buy it even it its price was four times higher. Now that I have to move country often, it is the first thing I pack just in case I don't find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by maxzchua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont know why this deodorant didnt get much review...this is the ONLY deodorant that i use and i will never look back! My experience with normal deodorant are not good, im kind of person that sweat a lot in armpit, even under the air condition..the normal scent deodorant cant stop my sweat...and it create yellow stain on my cloth, ruin all my favorite cloth, the worst thing is when sweat odor mix with deodorant scent...then i move to the crystal salt which some people recommend it...it does reduce but not remove the odor, i still can smell it somehow, but the problem with salt crystal is, it can stop sweating, and hard to use...

When i saw this deodorant in drug store, the price is insane for that small bottle deodorant...and i decide to give it a try. I apply it on my dry clean armpits after evening shower...the texture a bit watering, feel like i use too much..no scent which is good thing...and wait till it completely dry (take a bit longer than normal deodorant). Honestly, i dont like how it feel on my armpit, i feel like it a bit to hash for skin, i feel a bit itchy and uncomfortable, after it dry i apply some talc on it, and go to sleep. The next morning i shower normally, just put some talc on my armpits and go to work...the result is amazing, not sweat, even after i walk around 2km under the sun to my working place...i did try the next day on my morning run...sweat all over my body but not my armpit..

My advice of using this deodorant:
1. Put some talc after it dry so u can feel more comfortable when u sleep.
2. If u plan to shave ur armpit, pick a day that u wont mind sweating and without using deodorant. u dont want to try this deodorant under fresh-shave armpit...trust me.
3. if the 2nd night using it and feel too hash.. try to make it once per 2 night...u dont have to use it every night..

if u sweat a lot...i highly recommend this to u! no regret!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by leslielgc

TLDR: This is expensive, but boy does it ever work.
The issue: I'm the type of person who takes a shower, gets ready, and by the time I leave the house my underarms are already sweaty. Not stinky sweaty, but just Niagara Falls. It made a difference in my everyday life because I was embarrassed to wear the shirts I wanted and do simple things like raise my hand in class.
I purchased this on a whim about 1.5 years ago, and it works just as well now as it did that first application. I use it once or twice a week, and I no longer have sweat marks on my shirts.
Your armpits won't be completely dry forever, they'll get a little bit moist but a NATURAL moist. Not enough to leave a mark in your shirt, but not little enough where you feel the need to put moisturizer on. I honestly can't imagine a more perfect pit situation.
I've suggested this product to 10 family/friends since I started using it, and not a single one has felt that the product didn't work. All satisfied individuals. I like to think I'm making the world a better less sweaty place...
BE CAREFUL: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use this product if you've shaved/waxed/epilated/etc that day. It'll burn/itch and cause a generally terrible sleep with the discomfort. I use an epilator and find the earliest time I can apply is the next night.

EDIT (June 17, 2014): **NO LONGER USING THIS PRODUCT** I'm leaving it as 5 stars because this product did do all that I said it did, but in the past 6 months I've discontinued use. My armpits would get itchy and stay itchy even weeks after using the product. I thought it was a faulty lot, but sure enough I purchased a completely new one and it kept happening. My excessive armpit sweat apparently isn't as bad as it was when I started Perspirex so it isn't a huge loss for me. I'm a bit sad, but oh well, thanks Perspirex for working for a few years!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by eeeehh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot explain what a relief it is to have found this product. I have tried them all. Not only have I spent a ton of money on antiperspirants, I have also wasted hundreds of dollars on tops. Often, I have to throw a shirt out after one wear because of stains and odour that just will not come out. After only one application of Perspirex, I was no longer sweating. Now, I will not lie, this achievement does not come without some pain or, rather, annoying discomfort. I did exactly what the instructions advised: underarms are to remain unshaven for 48 hours, skin must be clean and very dry and the product must be allowed to dry before putting arms down. Also, application is to be done at night before bed. At first, I felt a tingling sensation then it progressed to a full blown itchiness. All I wanted to do was scratch my underarms off but the box warns not to touch the area - - and, so, I do not. After about an hour, these symptoms wane and I am able to fall asleep - - albeit, a broken night sleep. The next morning, the Perspirex is washed off with soap and water. I even apply a scented antiperspirant for the day. My underarms are slightly red that morning and slightly itchy but not uncomfortable. The directions are to use it once daily for a week and once every two days for two weeks if you have sensitive skin. I have actually used it once every three days so as not to irritate my skin and it still works brilliantly. It's been 15 years since I have been able to wear coloured shirts with confidence ~ normally, my wardrobe consists of one colour...black. I can also raise my arms in public without embarrassment. Although this product does cause me some discomfort on the night of application, it most certainly makes up for it in efficacy. I can honestly say that this is the best product I have ever laid my hands on. I am so happy and relieved to have found something to cure this embarrassing problem. Thank you Perspirex!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for $20 at Shoppers in Canada. Although $20 is pricey for antiperspirant, this is no ordinary antiperspirant, and I would pay $50 for this product, and I've only used it once.

I sweat from my underarms a lot! Even if I am not hot, and just sitting there I will be drenched. I used this last night, rolled it onto my dry armpits twice up and twice down, then I laid in bed with my arms up for a few minutes while it dried, then went to sleep. In the morning I washed it off in the shower, like it says to.
Today (2 pm right now and I've out and about since 7 am) my t-shirt is completely dry, and my under arms are dry as a bone. WOW!

I have used the Secret "Clinical Strength" antiperspirant and it really wasn't all that better than a regular one, such a waste of money. If you want something that actually works, you've gotta give this a try.

I recommend this product 100% so happy I found it!