October 1, 2014 | 987 users online

Loose Powders - Guerlain - Midnight Butterfly Sublime Radiant Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift. Good thing too, because it is the sort of utterly stupid and frivolous thing I'd never buy for myself. As described below, it is a violet-scented sparkly powder in a gorgeous lavender atomiser. It looks absolutely amazing in my red hair and provokes positive comments wherever I go. But seriously, AU$130 for shimmer powder?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Guerlain Midnight Butterfly Sublime Radiant Powder can be applied to your face, body, or hair for light-reflecting shimmer. I particularly love this for spritzing on my hair for evening glamour. The silver/violet metallic glass bottle with its old fashioned atomizer looks like a vintage perfume bottle. Each pump releases a very fine spray of the shimmering powder so you can add a few subtle glints or go all out for tons of sparkle. This is part of Guerlain's Butterfly Limited Edition Collection for holiday 2008 (which also includes two beautiful lipsticks, a gorgeous Les Meteorites Voyage compact, Les Meteorites Pearls, KissKiss lipgloss, an eyeshadow quad, a multi-toned cream concealer palette and a really cool Le 2 mascara - black on one end with a silvery/lavender shimmer top coat on the other). I love the whole collection (although I didn't get it all and some products are already sold out!).