Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

3.7

Aqua(water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butyleneglycol, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Calcium Alginate, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Gellan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum (Frangrance), Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, /- Mica, CI 77891 (titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides)

i have a really dry skin. and this rpimer could help you to get ready for a day.. use it before all the foundation and stuff, and your make up will last until the party ended. + the cream is so thick but not sticky + smells nice + suitable for a dry skin + beautyfull packaging - the packaging is from glass, you cant bring it for gym - the price is a bit high - for oily skin, becarefull you'll get more worst.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

this thing is not worth over 60 euro and it does not even prime your skin, maybe if your skin is perfect and really doesnt even need anything this may be good for you

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my perfect spring/summertime primer. Light, not too greasy and not too shimmery. I hate the feel of too much silicones on my skin, and that tends to break me out, so I'm very happy with this primer by Guerlain. It's texture is thin and somewhat runny, it comes out the pump a little bit separated, you mix it on your fingers/brush and apply it to your face. It doesn't leave a oily sheen, just a slightly blurred and polished version of your skin. I use either a BB cream/TM or a light to medium foundation (YSL Le Teinte Eclat) on top, but I can see why people wearing medium to full coverage aren't in love with this, the effect would be gone. Bit on the expensive side, but I'm not sure how long this would last me, so it all depends on that if it's worth it or not. For now I say I will rebuy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

gave my skin an amazing dewy finish no matter what foundation i used. unfortunately, didn't seem to do much for the longevity of my makeup. and for that price, if it's not going above and beyond, it's not worth it.

I really like this primer it really does make my makeup stay, and even if I just wear it alone, my skin looks beautiful. not until I work this did I get the compliment that I looked like I was glowing from the inside. only downside really is the price. it's very expensive. I don't know if being told I look like I'm glowing is worth 75$, but we'll see.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this primer together with Guerlain BB cream and Meteorites pearl for the best result. I reliase if i put on heavier coverage foundation on top of this primer, the glow will dissappear. So i use either light bb cream or foundation, then put on the meteorites pearl so i have this glow on the skin look.

This primer does absolutely nothing for my skin. It does not make my foundation nor concealer last longer and it does not make my skin glow. Here is what they claim on the Nordstrom site: "camouflage blemishes and discoloration, combined with pearlescent extracts to capture and reflect light and blur the appearance of fine lines without adding shine. In one step, this extraordinary formula perfects the complexion, and can be used before makeup or on its own." It does not do that. It looks great in the packaging and that is where it ends. I have a demo and I show how this look like on my skin on my youtube review, please check it out if you are interested. I do not recommend this product and this is very expensive especially since it does not live up to it's claims.

Opinions seem to be very divided about this primer. Yes, it's expensive, yes, the only reason I bought it is because it looks beautiful (I will even go as far as to admit that I didn't even bother swatching it before buying it).

Here are some observations:

1) It's very lightweight and has a beautiful gel-like consistency. Good, if you're not the kind of person who wants to be weighed down with creams (Chanel and Laura Mercier, I'm looking at you), or silicon-ladden products (Smashbox, etc).

2) It's got these gorgeous flecks of light-reflecting shimmer (I'm going to say "shimmer" for lack of a better word, but it's not huge pieces of glitter) to give a luminous finish. Good, if you're like me, and are constantly chasing the 'dewy' 'glowy' finish. Bad, if you're using a heavy or medium/full coverage foundation, that will cover up the glow.

Complements a lightweight foundation such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

3) As a primer, it does hold my foundation into place, but no more than any other primer does.

4) Oil-control is also minimal.

5) It has no SPF, but that's OK, because I use my SPF 50 from Shu Uemura everyday regardless of the SPF my makeup contains.

The best use for it would be under a very light-weight foundation, minimal setting powder (I use a fan brush dipped in Laura Mercier loose powder to dust on my nose and t-zone lightly), and finished with the famous "G" formation of Guerlain meteorites all over the face. I also use some YSL Touche Elcat as a highlighter on top of everything.

Most recommended for people who want a glowy 'lit from within' look (as opposed to matte), people with already naturally good skin, people looking for a luxe addition to their vanity tables, and people who don't mind spending a bomb on a primer that doesn't provide oil control, SPF or any coverage.

This may sound like a negative review, but I will definitely re-purchase. It looks beautiful, but also keeps my makeup glowy and pretty :)

If you are having a really good skin day or just have great skin full stop this primer works beautifully on its own for lightly illuminated skin -not sparkly it has more class than that :)

However for this primer to live up to expectations under foundation, you really only want to wear a light to very slightly medium coverage with this as the effect becomes lost. I find it does help with a matt/flat foundation to give it some life. I have normal/combo skin and layer this over my moisturiser when it has settled in.

I find 1 pump of this glides over my skin beautifully. 2 pumps I get too much, so as hideously expensive as this is it does last a very long time. I would love to buy it again when I run out but as I bought this on a special deal would find it hard to justify at full price - ouch.

I first purchased a sample of this on Ebay, then I went ahead and purchased the full size gold one-(which is limited edition) on Nordstrom's site (which I am still waiting to receive).
Well, I love the idea of primers, but most of the ones I have tried are silicone based, and my skin just can't tolerate silicone, it clogs my pores and breaks me out. When I heard this one was not silicone based and felt light, like a serum I decided to try it.
I love the feeling, the scent and how smooth it made my skin look. Now after wearing it about ten days, I have noticed my skin is breaking out, which I am not entirely sure if this product is the cause. Another thing, is after I put this on I looked in a 10X magnifying mirror and saw tiny speckles of glitter on my face, which was kind of scary, at my age I don't want any glitter, thank you- Overall, I like it and it is a nice product, but I think it is overpriced for what it does- it is not a miracle of HG product, it's just "nice".

Popular Primer/ Correctors