July 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this primer together with Guerlain BB cream and Meteorites pearl for the best result. I reliase if i put on heavier coverage foundation on top of this primer, the glow will dissappear. So i use either light bb cream or foundation, then put on the meteorites pearl so i have this glow on the skin look.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This primer does absolutely nothing for my skin. It does not make my foundation nor concealer last longer and it does not make my skin glow. Here is what they claim on the Nordstrom site: "camouflage blemishes and discoloration, combined with pearlescent extracts to capture and reflect light and blur the appearance of fine lines without adding shine. In one step, this extraordinary formula perfects the complexion, and can be used before makeup or on its own." It does not do that. It looks great in the packaging and that is where it ends. I have a demo and I show how this look like on my skin on my youtube review, please check it out if you are interested. I do not recommend this product and this is very expensive especially since it does not live up to it's claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Opinions seem to be very divided about this primer. Yes, it's expensive, yes, the only reason I bought it is because it looks beautiful (I will even go as far as to admit that I didn't even bother swatching it before buying it).

Here are some observations:

1) It's very lightweight and has a beautiful gel-like consistency. Good, if you're not the kind of person who wants to be weighed down with creams (Chanel and Laura Mercier, I'm looking at you), or silicon-ladden products (Smashbox, etc).

2) It's got these gorgeous flecks of light-reflecting shimmer (I'm going to say "shimmer" for lack of a better word, but it's not huge pieces of glitter) to give a luminous finish. Good, if you're like me, and are constantly chasing the 'dewy' 'glowy' finish. Bad, if you're using a heavy or medium/full coverage foundation, that will cover up the glow.

Complements a lightweight foundation such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

3) As a primer, it does hold my foundation into place, but no more than any other primer does.

4) Oil-control is also minimal.

5) It has no SPF, but that's OK, because I use my SPF 50 from Shu Uemura everyday regardless of the SPF my makeup contains.

The best use for it would be under a very light-weight foundation, minimal setting powder (I use a fan brush dipped in Laura Mercier loose powder to dust on my nose and t-zone lightly), and finished with the famous "G" formation of Guerlain meteorites all over the face. I also use some YSL Touche Elcat as a highlighter on top of everything.

Most recommended for people who want a glowy 'lit from within' look (as opposed to matte), people with already naturally good skin, people looking for a luxe addition to their vanity tables, and people who don't mind spending a bomb on a primer that doesn't provide oil control, SPF or any coverage.

This may sound like a negative review, but I will definitely re-purchase. It looks beautiful, but also keeps my makeup glowy and pretty :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are having a really good skin day or just have great skin full stop this primer works beautifully on its own for lightly illuminated skin -not sparkly it has more class than that :)

However for this primer to live up to expectations under foundation, you really only want to wear a light to very slightly medium coverage with this as the effect becomes lost. I find it does help with a matt/flat foundation to give it some life. I have normal/combo skin and layer this over my moisturiser when it has settled in.

I find 1 pump of this glides over my skin beautifully. 2 pumps I get too much, so as hideously expensive as this is it does last a very long time. I would love to buy it again when I run out but as I bought this on a special deal would find it hard to justify at full price - ouch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first purchased a sample of this on Ebay, then I went ahead and purchased the full size gold one-(which is limited edition) on Nordstrom's site (which I am still waiting to receive).
Well, I love the idea of primers, but most of the ones I have tried are silicone based, and my skin just can't tolerate silicone, it clogs my pores and breaks me out. When I heard this one was not silicone based and felt light, like a serum I decided to try it.
I love the feeling, the scent and how smooth it made my skin look. Now after wearing it about ten days, I have noticed my skin is breaking out, which I am not entirely sure if this product is the cause. Another thing, is after I put this on I looked in a 10X magnifying mirror and saw tiny speckles of glitter on my face, which was kind of scary, at my age I don't want any glitter, thank you- Overall, I like it and it is a nice product, but I think it is overpriced for what it does- it is not a miracle of HG product, it's just "nice".

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by mdaviesx

Bought this just over a month ago, absolutely thrilled when the product arrived. Amazing packaging, so luxurious. Opened the box, not at all disappointed. Beautiful glass bottle containing luminous pinky pearls. Divine! I am a student so rarely buy expensive make up because I just can't afford it, I thought I would spoil myself!

The first application was magical, the product smells like those little palma violet sweets. It glided onto my skin and created the radiant look I have been aspiring to achieve for months. At a price like this with so many great reviews I thought you couldn't go wrong.

That lasted for about a day. I noticed changes in my skin straight away and it has only just clicked. Before I used this product my skin was looking the best it had in years. Over the first couple of days I started getting a couple of spots and black heads, I thought it would just pass by! How wrong I was!! Since using the product over the past month my skin has completely deteriorated (I haven't changed anything else in my routine) and has honestly crushed my self esteem. (It's that bad). My cheeks, around my nose and forehead where I have large pores have completely broke out. I normally use drugstore products (e.g rimmel/no.7) so I thought I would splash a bit of cash to get something really worth the money. I would advise you get a sample or a tester before buying this product, £40 pounds down the drain and completely horrendous skin. But hey, that's what you get for buying before you try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I've only been using this a few days. I have combination skin. I read some reviews saying to put lotion on first because this is rather dry. It's kind of perfect. It absorbs into your skin amazingly. The way your makeup sits on top of it is pretty flawless. It's very lightweight. I'm not sure if it evens out skintone or if the particles brighten your complexion or what any of the long term effects are yet. I've used Smashbox and returned it, used Hourglass and after a while found that it was making me breakout. I've used a Chanel which seems ehh when you first use it but is really nurturing for your skin. I'm hoping I end up loving this one just as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Gmmuibaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I used their L'or primer and loved it. This doesnt disappoint as well. After a month of using it continuously I found my skin brightened and has a healthy glow even without make up. It makes my pores less visible and my foundation last longer.
After this is done I will try their blanc de perle primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by amymirandamakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this from Nordstrom and then went and bought the bronze color primer as well.
The finish is not sparkly, if you think it is sparkly it is not, nor is it shimmery. It helps the foundation to last longer and your makeup will look better on your skin. It says that it is supposed to enhance the look of your skin. I don't know about that. When you pump, the balls mix with the gel and you get a small amount of a whitish gel that you then apply on your face.
In terms of price, I found that this gorgeous Guerlain primer is too expensive. It is however a luxury item, just to hold it in your hands, it is so well packaged, so elegant and refined like most of Guerlain products. I will not be buying them again however. While I like it I don't think the price is justified.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this primer. I'm 38 with slightly dry skin, and traditional silicone type primers (like Smashbox Photo Finish) break me out terribly. First off, this primer feels "cleaner" and more water-based. The primer itself is a clear liquid with pearlescent pink pearls that dissipate when you pump out the product. This primer gives a beautiful base for foundation - smooth, satiny/semi-matte, with a hint of a glow. More of a "lit from within" type look. No overt shimmer, no heavy silicone feeling. It does help my makeup last longer, and it does not give an overly matte/flat look. I would say this product is best for mature, dry skin. It does not seem to have a lot of oil controlling qualities. The packaging is very luxe, a heavy glass bottle, and the price matches - about $70. However I only need 1 pump to cover my entire face, so the bottle will definitely last a while. Overall, I love this product and will repurchase as needed.