October 26, 2014 | 1572 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Skin Enhancer Illuminateur - Neutralize

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually use this as a foundation when I want really really sheer coverage. It lets my freckles show through but evens out my skin tone. It does not have great staying power for say, 12 hours, but it gets me through 5 hours of school every day. Great primer/corrector. Smells nice like sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have redness on my cheeks and I have found that this product tames it. It does not make it go away. I was a little disappointed. I do like that it does help your makeup stay on longer and that it has SPF35 for sun protection. However, there are other great primers out there and I already wear my own SPF everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by beules

Fantastic primer and corrector. I am an NW20 and have redness. I am used to all sorts of green correctors and was surprised to find this to be a yellow corrector with SPF and more importantly.... it works! I use alongside MAC beauty balm before clarins everlasting foundation. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Vaughn1999

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love This Stuff. It does nuetralize, plus has SPF, and is a primer. Great 3 in 1. I use MAC Longwear foundation and the enhancer still allows the foundation to go on smooth. Does not cause break outs and actually acts as a barrier to controlling shine. Fabulous product. The other pinkish one is great for under the eye. I used my sample over the top of my makeup after work and it looked beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by marinahasber

Great product to neutralize redness on face. Must use foundation brush to apply this cream evenly on face. I apply it on my T-zone area to cover the redness. My MAC studio fix foundation glide easily on top of it. The purpose of this product is to neutralize the redness on face. Not sure if it can control shine on face. Probably it can't because my T-zone still shiny after several hour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I have a bit of redness in my cheeks, and though it is not a problem and not very noticible to others, I am rather self-concious of my unwanted red color. When I first started to get into makeup, I bought Lunasol's Control Makeup Base in yellow, and I was absolutely delighted with the results. I used up the bottle, and had already made up my mind to buy another bottle when I saw this very similar product at the Mac counter. One of the SAs tried it on me, and the results were comparable with my Lunasol, and then I noticed that the price was lower than Lunasol, so I thought I would try it.

I am not increadibly happy with the product, however, as the product has a tendency to cake when applied with fingers and the only way I can get it to look natural underneath my foundation is to seriously blend, which can be time consuming. After application, I have to spray my face with fix+ or charged water to make my skin look more natural. The pump gives too much product, so you have to carefully ease the pump down, but sometimes I forget and end up wasting a lot of the product. Although a lot of my redness is neturalized, I do not think this is the best product as a makeup base, and I will be returning to Lunasol in the future. That's too bad because, up until this point, I actually have had good experiences with mac foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I think this product is an Asia-exclusive product, but I was able to pick it up at a CCO for $18. I've also seen these on Ebay. There are three products in the skin enhancer series - neutralize (the product I am reviewing), adjust, and illuminate. Neutralize is yellow in color and is supposed to neutralize redness and blotchiness. There is a slight bit of shimmer in the product

As a primer, this does make my liquid foundation apply more smoothly, so it's OK from that standpoint. Aside from that, I *am* impressed with the claims that it "neutralizes". I do have redness in my cheeks and blotchiness, and I do feel that this does help to reduce that, and I also feel like I don't have to use as much foundation. My face also seems to look fresher. I don't notice any improvement with oil control or makeup longevity, however. I don't downgrade it for that, though, since NO primer has been able to do that for me anyway. I am thus reasonably impressed and have already purchased a b/u of this product.

The product is dispensed from a convenient pump bottle, although I do think that the pump dispenses just a little too much if you do a full pump. Also, unlike the other P&P bottles, you can see through this one so you can tell how much product you have left. All-in-all, I think this is worthwhile to try if you can find it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No