April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I happened to be in Toronto at Yorkdale Mall when I walked into Sephora and saw that they were celebrating the grande opening of a Benefit Brow Bar. I didn't have an appointment but they did my eyebrows right there on the spot for $23, and wow, my eyebrows look the best they ever have! I love the shape, the trimming she did on them and most of all the product she used to make my eyebrows look perfect, the Benefit Gimme Brow gel is medium/dark to volumize my already quick thick eyebrows. I love the full eyebrow look and it's kind of my signature thing, and the Benefit employee did a phenomenal job on giving me great eyebrows and introducing me to an amazing one-step product to hold them into place while filing in any sparse areas. I also got a free Benefit makeup bag to celebrate the grand opening at that location. Totally worth the $23!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sophiefew

I started going to the Benefit brow bar after going to the counter in Debenhams in my home town to buy Brow-zings after a traumatic waxing experience where my two brows looked like they had been taken from two different women. I spoke to one of the girls and she was really helpful, telling me to book an appointment when my brows had grown out a bit could be properly shaped and made even, and she gave me a vital tip that your brows are sisters, not twins and to never expect them to look EXACTLY the same (I know a lot of girls who stress about this but it's pretty much impossible for them to look exactly the same!). So anyway fast forward a few weeks and I went for my appointment. I was told that this wax is like a face lift, and they shape your brows to accentuate your face and make them look perfect. The girl then used a pencil to measure where each point of my brow should start and finish and put some little dots in each point with a brow pencil so she knew where to go. She tested the wax on the palm of my hand to make sure it wasn't too hot and then started. The process is really quick and much less painless than most other places I've been to, and I also like that you are sat up rather than laid down like you're in a hospital or something! The girl was really chatty too and really friendly and sweet. Once done she made sure there were no leftover hairs and tweezed out any stragglers and then showed me the brows and asked if they were ok for me. She then touched up my makeup and explained that usually you shouldn't put makeup on just after waxing as it can clog pores and cause spots, but the concealer she used was specially formulated with an anti-inflammatory and soothing agents to take down swelling and speed up the skins healing process. She also asked if I wanted any of the brow kit on or just to have a little Speed Brow on, which is like hairspray for your brows. It cost £18 for what I got, which was a wax and tint, the tint was matched perfectly and they take into account your hair colour, skint tone and eye colour. It sounds expensive but to be honest the treatment is second to none, the service is amazing and if I'm truthful, they do my eyebrows exactly how I like them, they keep the thickness and keep them lovely and defined and I have never gone anywhere else since. I've had my brows done by three different girls there, all are great but if you ever go to the brow bar in Debenhams in Middlesbrough, try to get your appointment with Danielle or Charlie as I felt my brows were best after seeing these two ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Cazzy21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE Benefit Brow Bar....I have been having my brows done once every few months for the last year always in Leicester Debenhams, UK and by the same girl!! She does such a wonderful job every time and always makes sure the tint and wax is 100% before she does anything. I have changed from blonde to brunette a few times and she's always matched to suit the colour. My best friend is always saying how nice my eyebrows are and so next time she's coming with me!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by punkydoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

After going into an ULTA for the first time last week I was really impressed. Then they told me to come back for a free birthday brow waxing and I was even more excited! I went in today to the Benefit Brow Bar and was skeptical at first because the lady who works there was late for work and wasn't even there yet. I ended up waiting in the store for about 20 minutes and came to find out that she was there for about half of that time and just didn't realize that I was waiting on her. It was totally worth it though! My brows have never looked this great! The process was relatively pain free compared to others, she showed me how to fill in my brows, and she applied plenty of products to insure I didn't leave with a swollen red face so I could continue with my errands. I was given samples to take home and tips for how to shape my brows to my face. I even made an appointment for next month so I will definitely be returning!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Catherin3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in the UK, and go to a brow bar in Debenhams. I have been to the benefit brow bar three times at the time of writing this. The first time I went was wonderful. It was my first time getting my brows done and I was really nervous but the woman talked me through what she was going to do, how she was going to do it etc. and was so nice that it made it a very pleasant experience. She was the resident brow expert and it showed. My brows ended up beautiful, thick and natural but tidier with more shape, just as I wanted them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much she listened to me as I stressed I wanted them natural, not too thin. However my next two experiences with the brow bar have been...iffy. My next appointment I had another girl and she was very friendly again, but she really overdid it despite me, again, stressing that I wanted them thick and natural. They were still nice, but not entirely what I wanted. The third time, yet another girl, my brows have ended up...very strange. They are still quite messy, and they don't seem to match. I quite like the shape, although the one brow the arch is way too sharp (yes, just the one...)

As for the process, I do like how benefit go about it. They sit you down and give you an aftercare/warning sheet to sign, then they ask what you want, before they show you a mirror and show you the points on the brow and explain what they are thinking of doing to you, and ask you if itís OK. They put soothing oil on the brows, and some on your hand to test the wax temperature. The actual waxing doesn't hurt, itís fairly quick and painless, although the tweezing afterwards does, although that is to be expected I think. After the one is done theyíll ask for your opinion before moving on to the next, though I donít know what they expect to happen if you say you hate it- not like they can do anything about it! After both are done they massage cooling gel over the area and apply concealer to cover redness, before finally filling in the brows with brow zings. I like how they use brow zings, and the oil, wax, and cooling gel all feel nice, and smell good too. I also want to appreciate how they conceal the redness afterwards, but the brush they use is of dubious cleanliness, and they do it so half-heartedly that it ends up cakey and disgusting. I wish they wouldn't bother with that. Afterwards my skin is a bit red, and sometimes I break out but I am fairly sure thatís part of the process. Itís a very minor irritation which calms down after a day or so.

The second time I went they insisted on applying eye gel, blush and mascara on me...which was a bit random, but OK. They didn't make me look bad, at least.

I would recommend that if you are still curious about using the benefit brow bar, that you ask if they have a brow expert and ask to see her, and that you go with a certain amount of trepidation. It could go either way! I'm likely to go back, but I am in a love/hate with this service. I really love the process, but the results aren't always what I want. And although itís not expensive, itís not exactly the cheapest out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lbottaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

The lady that served me at Myers Sydney was SO rude and rough because I didnít want to wax the top of my eyebrow. She dropped wax on my skirt, accidently scratched my face with her long fake nails and on top of this waxed my eyebrows so thin. After all this drama I than had to sit through a girl trying to sell me all these products. Iím so disappointed and upset with the service. What a waste of $27 Ė never again Iím I going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all backpackers who canít find jobs and obviously donít care about their customers!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by vaniliamonster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really liked this service i thought it was not that painful. i woild recommend this to anyone who wants thick curved eyebrows

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lilangelswmgrl

My friend & I went to ULTA to find her an eyebrow product. She decided on a whim to get her brows done & it turned out so well that I decided to get my brows done too!
This was my first time getting waxed, but I had gotten them threaded a couple years ago & maintained the shape by plucking.

This service was $20, which may seem a bit much for a wax, but it's not just a simple wax. The Benefit lady actually measures where your brows should start, end, & where your arch should be. So they customize the shape of your brows to your face. While the Benefit lady was shaping my brows, I learned how to use brow powder. I have the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder which has 2 brow colors & a brow gel/wax. I've been just using the brow colors but watching the Benefit lady, I learned to mix the color with the gel, then apply.

The wax was heated to the perfect temperature (not too hot) & if you're used to getting hair pulled out of you via threading or plucking, the pain from waxing is very tolerable.

After the wax, the Benefit lady will put some soothing lotion on the areas of hair removal & massage it in. Then she'll ask if you want to try Benefit's new skincare line & if you say yes, she'll pretty much wash your face for you. I declined to try it because I'm already happy with my skincare regimen & I already didn't have any makeup on for the next step (the makeover).

Then comes the makeover. I liked Benefit's makeover because their products give you a more natural, everyday makeup look versus other places like MAC. Not that there's anything wrong with that--I just liked learning what products to use & where to apply for a natural easy pretty look for when I don't want to put too much effort (like for school or work). The Benefit lady put primer, concealer, foundation, highlighter (& I learned where to apply highlighter), mascara, blush, & lipcolor on me.

When I got home, I showed off my brows to my mom & she loved them so much, she asked me to take her to get her brows done too, so I took her the next day (:

So to recap, $20 gets you a customized brow shaping, a brow wax, a mini facial massage, a facial cleansing (I opted not to do this), & a makeover. Overall, I was VERY happy with my new brows. My old brows weren't bad before, but my new brows are cleaner & still natural-looking. I honestly couldn't stop checking my brows out in the mirror the next day lol!

FYI, the customized brow shaping is actually free if you just want to see how your brows are supposed to look like. Then you can decide whether to pay $20 for the wax service. ALSO, if you come in on your birthday or birthday week, you get a free brow wax (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by berlin101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to the Benefit Brow Bar in Berlin (Galeries Lafayette) and my brows have never looked better. I'd rather spend 31Ä (shaping and dye) once a month on my eyebrows than go for a professional manicure. The lady who does them is super friendly and very good, she can make the most of any brow shape (I took a friend with me once with really overplugged eyebrows and even hers look great after).
The only thing that is a bit annoying: after doing your brows, they almost insist on freshening up your makeup and always seem a little annoyed if you buy less than 2 products...so if I can I pretend to be in a hurry, so they won't redo my makeup. I give a tip but don't necessarily buy a lot of stuff I don't need.

In all Ė great service!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One can't really review this service using the same metric as that for products. Results can vary wildly depending on the location and esthetician.

Before I switched over to threading, I had my brows done several times at the Brow Bar in the Pasadena, California ULTA. I was always happy with the results. Time was taken, and my brows always looked good.

On the negative side, it's quite expensive compared to neighborhood salons, and there are much fewer locations.