July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had my brows done at Sephora NAC in Singapore.

The 'brow expert' was not too friendly, but she knew what she was doing. She gave me the results I had pictured. They let you test out the wax temperature first, and there is no double-dipping of the wax, so it's sanitary! Excess strays are plucked by a very pretty looking tweezer, lol. Just tell them what you want and you should get it! For Singapore, it's not very pricey either, at $24. It's like.. 2/3 the price of the new It's Real! eyeliner, in comparison. Book your appointment beforehand (though I didn't.. I'm lucky she was free!) Overall it was amazing. I have my best brows ever now :)

PS: If you can, check out comments on the particular brow expert you are going to.. Different people are differently abled, and BeneFit isn't too choosy about who they hire, from what I understand. Either sneak to see someone's brows getting done, or ask around for the best browbar near you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

I went to get my brows done at the Benefit bar because I wanted them shaped perfectly for my wedding. The girl did a really good job and brought out my eyes/whole face. I bought the product she used to fill them in and practiced doing it myself. She was excellent. Denton Tx btw if anyone wants to know; at the Ulta store. I bought some other Benefit products because I liked their application and they stayed on for the long haul. I'm going to be a professional woman and need to look put together. These products do that for a decent price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Camillavanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to the benefit brow bar at Chadstone today. I left feeling like POOP. The girl was nice enough but was very rough - very - with the waxing and left a whole chunk of my face BRIGHT red. Seriously it looked like I painted from my eye crease to 2 cm above my brow bright red. Thank GOD I have a fringe because I looked horrible. She left the wax on my face and I had to actually ask for something to remove it. It's still on and my hair keeps getting stuck to it. The brows look fine enough but for $40 it's a flipping rip off. Not a pleasant experience. I will not return. Do not go if you have sensitive skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you have a crazy concealer you can plaster on afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Brow Bar in Myer Sydney City is overpriced for what you get and has questionable hygiene practices. For the price you would think they would use higher grade materials instead of calico and wax pots from the Stone Age.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by tammyhong123

I did it in Ulta in downtown Chicago. She is nice but my eyebrows are now very skinny and the arches are not the same height...She didn't fill in my brows afterwards either. Totally disappointed and not going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I wish ULTA did not have such an attitude somexs coz I really liked the results! I had it done there once, it was $20 back then + tip & I bought Brow Zings so that set me back a ways. I always wanted to go back, but don't like the general vibe of the place, if only the people whom worked there were a bit more pleasant... :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lisflem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS:
Brows look AMAZING!!!
They do not over pluck , leave them full with a nice arch

CONS:
$32 plus tip for eyebrows is a lot! But I manage to maintain them for about a month plucking stray hairs.

Worth it? Depends... If you are good at doing your own eyebrows, don't waste your money! They are not turning you into a supermodel, just making your eyebrows look good, so if you know how to do that yourself, do it! However if your eyebrows look like a hack job or bushy mess, these people will save you like they saved me! lol...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I happened to be in Toronto at Yorkdale Mall when I walked into Sephora and saw that they were celebrating the grande opening of a Benefit Brow Bar. I didn't have an appointment but they did my eyebrows right there on the spot for $23, and wow, my eyebrows look the best they ever have! I love the shape, the trimming she did on them and most of all the product she used to make my eyebrows look perfect, the Benefit Gimme Brow gel is medium/dark to volumize my already quick thick eyebrows. I love the full eyebrow look and it's kind of my signature thing, and the Benefit employee did a phenomenal job on giving me great eyebrows and introducing me to an amazing one-step product to hold them into place while filing in any sparse areas. I also got a free Benefit makeup bag to celebrate the grand opening at that location. Totally worth the $23!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sophiefew

I started going to the Benefit brow bar after going to the counter in Debenhams in my home town to buy Brow-zings after a traumatic waxing experience where my two brows looked like they had been taken from two different women. I spoke to one of the girls and she was really helpful, telling me to book an appointment when my brows had grown out a bit could be properly shaped and made even, and she gave me a vital tip that your brows are sisters, not twins and to never expect them to look EXACTLY the same (I know a lot of girls who stress about this but it's pretty much impossible for them to look exactly the same!). So anyway fast forward a few weeks and I went for my appointment. I was told that this wax is like a face lift, and they shape your brows to accentuate your face and make them look perfect. The girl then used a pencil to measure where each point of my brow should start and finish and put some little dots in each point with a brow pencil so she knew where to go. She tested the wax on the palm of my hand to make sure it wasn't too hot and then started. The process is really quick and much less painless than most other places I've been to, and I also like that you are sat up rather than laid down like you're in a hospital or something! The girl was really chatty too and really friendly and sweet. Once done she made sure there were no leftover hairs and tweezed out any stragglers and then showed me the brows and asked if they were ok for me. She then touched up my makeup and explained that usually you shouldn't put makeup on just after waxing as it can clog pores and cause spots, but the concealer she used was specially formulated with an anti-inflammatory and soothing agents to take down swelling and speed up the skins healing process. She also asked if I wanted any of the brow kit on or just to have a little Speed Brow on, which is like hairspray for your brows. It cost £18 for what I got, which was a wax and tint, the tint was matched perfectly and they take into account your hair colour, skint tone and eye colour. It sounds expensive but to be honest the treatment is second to none, the service is amazing and if I'm truthful, they do my eyebrows exactly how I like them, they keep the thickness and keep them lovely and defined and I have never gone anywhere else since. I've had my brows done by three different girls there, all are great but if you ever go to the brow bar in Debenhams in Middlesbrough, try to get your appointment with Danielle or Charlie as I felt my brows were best after seeing these two ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Cazzy21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE Benefit Brow Bar....I have been having my brows done once every few months for the last year always in Leicester Debenhams, UK and by the same girl!! She does such a wonderful job every time and always makes sure the tint and wax is 100% before she does anything. I have changed from blonde to brunette a few times and she's always matched to suit the colour. My best friend is always saying how nice my eyebrows are and so next time she's coming with me!! :D