December 21, 2014 | 1943 users online

Powder - Avon - Ideal Shade Smooth Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Smooth Minerals Avon foundation in pressed and loose powders. I have both and just love them! I was actually turned off by mineral powders as i have tried some other brands in the past and hated all of them. These work so great and give you the best coverage and doesn't give you that shimmery shiny look that the other ones did. If you like mineral foundations you should try this one. It sure is better than Bare Minerals and that one by Leeza Gibbons Sheer Cover, those are the ones I have tried and even ended up returning. Avon's goes on smooth and just gives you that nice natural look where it doesn't even look like your wearing foundation but everything is covered.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Dulzura23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to ALWAYS use this and I always got many compliments. However, after a year my face began getting a cosmetic allergic reaction. Maybe it was just a phase though. After reading the reviews and seeing that they have made a new formula, I think I'll be going to Avon to re purchase and see if it still works for me. Ill keep you updated :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this powder is pretty good. it is actually light enough for my skin and doesn't oxidize my foundation! also looks pretty natural, and gives great coverage. but it is a bit drying and seems to crease a bit more than most powder foundations. I do like using it in spots as a concealer, though. and it is reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MelissaPritchett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this loose powder about three weeks ago. I love it. It covers better than Bare Minerals which I had been using. My skin is sort of combination, dry in the winter and kind of oily in the summer. This has been great for my skin, as it is winter now. it doesn't make me look dry and patchy. I love the coverage it gives. I love the container, it has a little valve that controls how much of the powder is accessible at a time, which would be great for bare minerals as I ended up wasting a ton of it each time. But this container is great because just a tap and I get the perfect amount to cover my whole face. Also I still have plenty of the stuff to last for the next three weeks! It doesn't look like it would last that long but you don't use much each time. Def. would recommend this stuff to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by 11Bambi

This is my must-have warmer months foundation...perfect coverage and really natural looking. I wear it over a BB cream and some concealer - and with minimal touch ups it stays looking great. Can be built up too. My only gripe is that it can make a bit of mess on the counter on application, but I'm not sure how you would stop that with any loose powder foundation. I apply with a good quality kabuki and make sure to tap off excess in the lid...that way you can avoid any unevenness. At $NZD15 when on special (and it often is) it really is value for money:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by amandamooo

Omg I love this product so much! It's incredible! It's the first loose powder i have purchased and it's absolutely amazing, it's pretty cheap and the packaging is so cute and durable. Firstly it has phenomenal coverage and it's so natural looking. This is definitely my HG powder. Only tiny downside is that in the morning when I am rushing it takes a wee bit longer than just a pressed powder but Idc tbh it's just such a great product I definitely recommend to anyone! Xo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by canazo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absoulutly LOVE this foundation. Its not heavy and it goes on very light and smooth. I had problems with foundations that would clog my pores and then Id break out and then I would use more make up to cover the break outs. it was an endless sicle. This foundation covered and cleared out my skin in almost 2 weeks. I recomend it to every one, especially those with sensitive or oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by amiemxx

This product is the best foundation I have ever tried ! It covers up spots very well and gives a natural look. It is very soft and comfortable. This make-up does not slide off easily it stays on through the day Giving a nice look and not too orange. It makes your face very smooth. I loove this stuff <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by emcrash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just as happy with this as I have been with the other mineral foundations I have used. More so, actually... as it's MUCHO cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by oohshiny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I live in a really hot climate and have oily acne-prone skin. This product irritated my skin making it itchy and causes me to break out. Not happy. Anyways half way through the day, it starts to look more like frosting on a cake.