September 17, 2014 | 1752 users online

Lips - Korres - plum lip butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Totally surprised myself when I just accidentally tried this in store when it was on the front display of Mecca Maxima. Once I tried it on my lips, I did not want to part with it. I left that first time, but I came back again to the city and ended up purchasing one in this shade Plum. It is a deep burgundy, wine, shiraz shade that just seems to give me that extra oomph in my 'blah' days.

Glides on so smoothly and does prevent chapping very well. It also seems to diffuse my peeling lips quite alright as well. I use a cotton tip to get the product and apply it on my lips, just because I've started to really hate dipping my finger into the pot. However I can't see it being in a different container without losing its current amazing texture and consistency, which I am totally in love with. I think that's just the thing with lip butters. They are so buttery smooth, and is not sticky or icky or feel thick.

For those who have tried The Body Shop lip balm and thinks it's great. Try this, this totally wins by a mile.

Might now consider getting the other shades, like Pomegranate and Wild Rose... or we'll see... I'm still pretty much in love with the scent and shade of this Plum lip butter <3 Thanks Korres!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. It's very moisturizing and is great for the winter. The colour is awesome. I've really like the dark burgundy lip look that's been around this fall and winter and this is the perfect colour for someone who doesn't want to look to dark. I love the feeling of this! And I don't mind how it's in a pot. I can see how it might bother a germ nut but I usually spread lipstick and lipgloss over my lips with my fingers anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by theodkil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Korres lip butters is a must have product for everyone with a chapped lips syndrome! The color is amazing, it makes you look polished but fresh, it's perfect for every day instead of a lipstick. The smell is really nice and the moisturising effect of all the lib butters is incomparable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC 37 and I love this stuff! On my shade it doesn't look too much at all - and is really flattering. I like the Wild Rose one too - just a different look.

Moisturizing, cheap, portable - perfect my my no makeup/makeup routine.

The fact that this is 10 bucks is awesome. I can buy a bunch and just stash them everywhere.. car, gym bag, etc. I love the smell too...I use my hands to apply all my makeup so I don't mind and I don't really worry about germs.if it was in a tube I think it would be stickier - and that's why I don't use gloss anymore except for a special occasion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has a nice feel and it seems to moisturize my lips. This gloss is extremely pigmented and way to bright purple for my skin tone - it looks terrible on me. I tried to make it work by applying it very lightly but the shade of it was really unflattering on me. Returned it after about 5 uses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most gothic lip balm. Most colors in lip balms are symbolic at best, but this one is for real. You could go without a lipstick, and it will still make you look like you've been sipping rasberry juicy all day. A fine lip balm, only if I could get used to the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy canolies, I love this stuff! I agree - I hate it in a pot, but honestly, it is so gorgeous and moisturizing that I can't fault it for that. I love the smell, and it is the most flattering plummy raspberry shade on my lips - not obnoxiously pigmented, just flattering and moisturizing. Totally love it! I would buy vats of this if they had it - $10 is pretty reasonable nowadays for a great product so I will be hoarding this little gem all for myself. MWAHAHAHAHA!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by princess101

Love this one over the Jasmine lip butter. This formula seems more moisturizing, and the color is a beautiful cherry sheen on my lips. I love this when worn alone or over a nude lippie. When worn over a nude lippie I get the moisturizing benefits with a rosey shade that compliments my skintone. Dont' care for the pot or the price, and would like to see this in a stick or tube form instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I’m on a no-buy for lent so I’m going through my stash & giving a second chance to some of the products I’ve forgotten about. I wasn’t super-impressed with this lip butter the first time around, but I’m finding I like it more & more now the more I use it. The color on me is more of a bright pink-berry shade (which is why I found it a little off-putting since I prefer deeper berry/plum colors), but if I apply a small amount and really work it into my lips it gives a really pretty stained effect and softens the impact of the color. The texture of this balm is soft & kind of ‘squishy’ and it really melts into my lips. I do find it moisturizes my lips pretty well, for a few hours throughout the day or all night when worn as a nightly treatment. The tint lasts an hour or 2 as well. My favorite way to use the plum shade now is as a nightly treatment. I apply a fairly thick layer before bed, and when I wake in the morning, my lips look and feel plush and moisturized, and the color has really ‘sank’ into my lips leaving a really nice stained look (that actually lasts through breakfast, brushing teeth, etc.). I can then apply another layer for the day or some other lip product overtop. I don’t really mind the tub-packaging, except that the inner tub that holds the balm has separated from the outside tub, which makes it kind of a pain to open. I also have this in Guava, which makes a nice, colorless overnight treatment, and in Quince, which is a brighter pink that I like for summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Lisa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw on Youtube so many people raving about how moisturizing Korres lip butters are and how they put it on before they go to sleep so I decided to go to Sephora and pick one up. I've been having horrible chapped lips this winter and hoped this would help. It doesn't dry my lips but it isn't particularly moisturizing. So glad I got the plum so I have a use for it. I am just using it as a sheer lipstick/pigmented gloss. It has a pleasent sweet candy smell but I'd never buy again. Also I don't like dipping into the pot. So I don't get the product under my nails and dirty my fingers, I've been using a q-tips to apply the product when out and a lip brush at home.
If you want something moisturizing for your dry chapped lips, Eucerin Aquaphor Lip Repair and Blistex Five Star Lip Protection are pretty good.