Korres Lip Butter - Plum

on 1/5/2015 12:56:00 AM

For some reason, I can't wear lipstick daily but do need some colour on my lips, otherwise I look like all blood has been drained from my face! Fine if you want to look ill, but not that great if you want to avoid people saying things like 'have you been getting enough sleep?' or 'are you feeling ok?'!

I came across the Korres lip butter because it was on sale on Strawberrynet (and I can't resist trying a product when it's on sale!). I got lipbutters in plum, pomegranate and wild rose (reddish). I like the plum one best, as it shows up on my lips as a deep raspberry colour. The wild rose is OK but somehow I think the red doesn't really suit me as well as the plum. The pomegranate doesn't really show up at all, not great considering my lips have little colour to them. With all the lip butters, my lips stay moisturised during the day although the colour tends to wear off from the centre of my lips outward after a couple of hours (or sooner with talking), so need to keep rubbing my lips together to spread the colour evenly.

Not a big deal and for how much I like it, I can live with that. The one thing that would really improve this lipbalm is not having to use my finger to apply it (it comes in a jar). Means you always have to have something to wipe your finger on. I've purchased extras as almost finished this pot now.

on 10/13/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Love it! Love the sheen, moisture,beautiful subtle plum color, and the fact it doesn't make me look as if I've kissed a tub of Vaseline. I can't say this is cheap because my EOS balms are only $3 but this gives a lovely tint to the lips you will not receive from EOS. I will repurchase in a variety of shades.

on 1/29/2013 1:14:00 AM

Totally surprised myself when I just accidentally tried this in store when it was on the front display of Mecca Maxima. Once I tried it on my lips, I did not want to part with it. I left that first time, but I came back again to the city and ended up purchasing one in this shade Plum. It is a deep burgundy, wine, shiraz shade that just seems to give me that extra oomph in my 'blah' days.

Glides on so smoothly and does prevent chapping very well. It also seems to diffuse my peeling lips quite alright as well. I use a cotton tip to get the product and apply it on my lips, just because I've started to really hate dipping my finger into the pot. However I can't see it being in a different container without losing its current amazing texture and consistency, which I am totally in love with. I think that's just the thing with lip butters. They are so buttery smooth, and is not sticky or icky or feel thick.

For those who have tried The Body Shop lip balm and thinks it's great. Try this, this totally wins by a mile.

Might now consider getting the other shades, like Pomegranate and Wild Rose... or we'll see... I'm still pretty much in love with the scent and shade of this Plum lip butter <3 Thanks Korres!

on 12/27/2012 1:17:00 PM

I really like this. It's very moisturizing and is great for the winter. The colour is awesome. I've really like the dark burgundy lip look that's been around this fall and winter and this is the perfect colour for someone who doesn't want to look to dark. I love the feeling of this! And I don't mind how it's in a pot. I can see how it might bother a germ nut but I usually spread lipstick and lipgloss over my lips with my fingers anyways.

on 11/12/2012 9:19:00 AM

Korres lip butters is a must have product for everyone with a chapped lips syndrome! The color is amazing, it makes you look polished but fresh, it's perfect for every day instead of a lipstick. The smell is really nice and the moisturising effect of all the lib butters is incomparable.

on 9/16/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am NC 37 and I love this stuff! On my shade it doesn't look too much at all - and is really flattering. I like the Wild Rose one too - just a different look.

Moisturizing, cheap, portable - perfect my my no makeup/makeup routine.

The fact that this is 10 bucks is awesome. I can buy a bunch and just stash them everywhere.. car, gym bag, etc. I love the smell too...I use my hands to apply all my makeup so I don't mind and I don't really worry about germs.if it was in a tube I think it would be stickier - and that's why I don't use gloss anymore except for a special occasion.

on 10/22/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This has a nice feel and it seems to moisturize my lips. This gloss is extremely pigmented and way to bright purple for my skin tone - it looks terrible on me. I tried to make it work by applying it very lightly but the shade of it was really unflattering on me. Returned it after about 5 uses.

on 10/22/2011 4:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the most gothic lip balm. Most colors in lip balms are symbolic at best, but this one is for real. You could go without a lipstick, and it will still make you look like you've been sipping rasberry juicy all day. A fine lip balm, only if I could get used to the color.

on 4/10/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy canolies, I love this stuff! I agree - I hate it in a pot, but honestly, it is so gorgeous and moisturizing that I can't fault it for that. I love the smell, and it is the most flattering plummy raspberry shade on my lips - not obnoxiously pigmented, just flattering and moisturizing. Totally love it! I would buy vats of this if they had it - $10 is pretty reasonable nowadays for a great product so I will be hoarding this little gem all for myself. MWAHAHAHAHA!

on 3/21/2011 5:58:00 PM

Love this one over the Jasmine lip butter. This formula seems more moisturizing, and the color is a beautiful cherry sheen on my lips. I love this when worn alone or over a nude lippie. When worn over a nude lippie I get the moisturizing benefits with a rosey shade that compliments my skintone. Dont' care for the pot or the price, and would like to see this in a stick or tube form instead.

Top Rated Korres Products