Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color Pressed Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Nylon 12, Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol, Grapeseedate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Leutkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract (Sweet Almond), Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Saccharomyces Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Lecithin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alumina, Cyclomethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OMG I absolutely love this pressed powder works so well with my acne prone skin and hides all my redness perfectly and brightens my face I love it sooooooo much it's incredible hands down trust me but its a shame They discontinued it very disappointed still looking for a product as good as this one !!!

This is a very light powder. It barely covers any redness or anything on your face. I would only really use this as a finishing powder. It is noncomedegenic though (doesn't clog pores), which is a plus for us gals with acne prone skin. Overall, it thought this product was okay. It matched my skin tone pretty well but it was expensive for a drug store product.

on 12/31/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I ended up buying this in a shade too light, but the next shade darker came off as too dark for my skin. Since I quit smoking my super fair skin has gained some substantial glow and now light powders make me look sick.
I use Almay clear complexion, and TLC said their light would blend perfectly if you used shade "buff" 200. It was way way too light for me. The powder itself was okay. I could see it looking a bit cakey if too much was applied. I didn't hate the powder, or love the powder. Seemed to me just a simple face powder. I did not see it lasting as long as the packaged claimed. Did leave a nice finish on the matte side.
The applicator it came with was a joke and I remove a lippie for that because for something on the go, it needs a good applicator. Plus it's not cheap either. There's no excuse the product should have such a sub-par application pad.
The mirror that came with the compact was nice and large though.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a recent discovery for me, but I fear I may have discovered it too late because I hit pan on it and went to buy a new one today and Walgreens doesn't carry it!

A friend of mine really liked this powder. She's a minimalist when it comes to makeup and she said she likes it because she can get good coverage using this alone. I still need a little under eye concealer, but I agree, it does function like a light to medium coverage powder foundation, granted, my skin is usually pretty clear and I don't need much coverage. And I really like how nice it makes my skin look - it really hides my pores and help even out my red patches without being too heavy or obvious.

As for wear, my skin has been really oily lately (new BC) son I do need to blot midday, so it falls short on its claim of 16hour wear by a lot, but almost nothing can last on me that long anyways.

Also, I hate the puff and always apply with a kabuki. A few times using the included puff and it got nasty and just cakes the powder on and looks terrible.

on 9/30/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other

ok ill cut to the chase, im normal skin with a very oily t zone, particularly my nose...my nose is a oil stick. best powder ive ever tried is MAC select powder. it has great coverage and great oil control and great staying powder, but it clogged my pores and made me break out so yeah had to chuck it. so basically im comparing this to that.
This almay tlc powders coverage is pretty good. I wear it over bare skin and it basically covers everything (i dont have acne, just redness), For extra coverage id recommend wearing it over tinted moisturizer or bb cream.
The staying powder is pretty good. But you will need to blot your oilies and maybe re-applly over those areas every so often. (every 3 or so hours)
the oil control is really poor. ill say that. It just doesn't combat oil production and it looks "wet" when you get really oily .HOWEVER, once you blot the product remains in place still..which i suppose is good.
Its $25 australian from priceline and i reccomend applying with powder brush. Or purchasing a good sponge from MAC. The sponge that comes with this product is a joke.
Overall this product is ok. i gave it a 3 out of 5. I will continue to re-purchase until something better comes along.

on 8/11/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I only put 3 lippies because I am sure there are other high brand truly TRULY lasting foundation out there which is much more expensive. However, it did what it said it would do, which is, it lasted for significant amount of time on my face. That said, I didn't buy it for the oil absorbing qualities, which apparently is not good. I will most likely buy this product again simply because it does last unlike so SO MANY other pressed powder foundations out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't typically like Almay products, but this is probably my favorite Almay product I've tried. It's decent enough, and that's the problem: it's just decent. Not great, not outstanding, just meh. It's powder. If you need powder I'd recommend a higher quality one that has longer lasting power and controls oiliness better.

on 12/29/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i use this over the matching liquid foundation from almay. it sets wonderfully and lasts all day, concealing my oiliness and imperfections. Another win for Almay! lid is cheap and breaks easy though

on 12/26/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is ok. I took a lippie off because I don't find that it has very good oil control, nor is it truly long-lasting. I was going to say, for a cheaper drugstore powder, it's not bad. But really, it wasn't terribly cheap. I liked the color and the finish, purchased med/light and it's a nice match. I just found that I got shiny rather quickly and it didn't do a very good job at controlling my t-zone. When I tried to layer it more so that it would have more staying power, I looked sickly, and ghostly. I will stick to my Merle Norman ultra powder foundation to set my liquid makeup, as it keeps the oilies away and I don't look like Rudolph mid-day.

on 6/15/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I REALLY like this powder. So much so, I ditched my previous Ulta and Physician's Formula mineral powders, and I'm on my 3rd one! :-) It goes on nicely with a foundation brush, covers well w/o looking cakely, doesn't break me out, doesn't settle into lines, and it lasts and lasts. It contains good-for-your-skin ingredients (aloe, chamomile, green tea), and an SPF12 sunscreen. RE: the packaging - I would not use the sponge to apply it. Best applied with a brush.

Recommended for Normal Skin